Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: La Mer skin products

fgg

Default La Mer skin products

have any of you tried the la mer products? i've read really great things but i'd like to know something first hand as they are pretty expensive. i'm the kind of person who is willing to pay a lot to keep my skin looking young & fresh.

www.cremedelamer.com/

I've used and spent a lot of money on them in the past. Not worth the money in my opinion. Tazorac or Retin A, sunscreen and some type of natural skin moisturizer with natural anti-oxidants would probably serve you better and save you money. More expensive is not necessarily better. My skin looks 10 - 12 years younger than my real age and I didn't use $200 skin cream to achieve it.

^^I'd agree. Retinol, an anti oxidant and sunscreen are all you need.

I've used LaMer, and everything else you can think of. Nothing- but nothing- works like Retin A.

I look way younger than my age, and I was a sun worshpper at one time. Retin A works like nobody's business.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

sorry to derail this thread but have a comment.

ok, i used retin A for a zillion years and loved it. thought it was working great. but the new aesthetic derm i go to says she doesn't prescribe retin A any more, she turned me on to a different skin care line and it seems to be working well. so now i use that and have ditched the retin A.

Whatever works for you czb. Name of the skincare line please?

I personally got tired of spending a fortune on products that were all marketing and hype. It's amazing how many (but not all) expensive products out there are no better than the drug store brands.

If you're on a skincare budget and want the most bang for your buck then I think Retin A (and sunscreen) is the way to go.

czb

^^^ like i said, i think retin A is great so i'm not gonna knock it.

i now use the theraderm skin renewal system.

Therapon Skin Health

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    the new aesthetic derm i go to says she doesn't prescribe retin A any more, she turned me on to a different skin care line and it seems to be working well. so now i use that and have ditched the retin A.
    Really? A derm said this to you? Or was it an esthetician working in a derm office? The only real alternative to retin-a is tazaorac. Does she sell this "new" line in her office?

I'd be extremely skeptical if I were you. Nothing in the literature supports this sudden turnaround.

czb

um this is a board certified derm not an aesthetician, i know the difference. has great credentials, too. it was just her opinion, but the toxicity of retinoids has been documented in literature i've seen.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

My ex uses La Mer, nothing spectacular and definitely not worth the price.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    um this is a board certified derm not an aesthetician, i know the difference. has great credentials, too. it was just her opinion, but the toxicity of retinoids has been documented in literature i've seen.
    As I said previously, if this skincare product works for you then fantastic. It's your skin and only you know what does and doesn't work for you by trial and error. The proof's in the mirror.

Retinoids aren't perfect. I don't care for all the chemicals that are added to them for instance but I'm willing to take the health risk because I use all other natural based skincare products (including sunscreen as much as possible) and frankly, I'm afraid to see what my skin would look like if I stopped after 10+ years.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    As I said previously, if this skincare product works for you then fantastic. It's your skin and only you know what does and doesn't work for you by trial and error. The proof's in the mirror.

Retinoids aren't perfect. I don't care for all the chemicals that are added to them for instance but I'm willing to take the health risk because I use all other natural based skincare products (including sunscreen as much as possible) and frankly, I'm afraid to see what my skin would look like if I stopped after 10+ years.
    my comment wasn't directed at you, it was to marina's condescending post. sorry i wasn't clearer. as i said earlier, i really do think the retinoids work and if i hadn't started seeing this new derm, i probably would still be on them.

czb, I didn't take that post personally. I was actually defending your position. So no worries.

I've used the original De La Mer cream & found it really heavy. I've got sensitive dry skin that needs a lot of moisturiser but this was too heavy for me.
    Why not get a trial size first? We're all different after all.
    Free Charmed.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    czb, I didn't take that post personally. I was actually defending your position. So no worries.
    ohhhhh.

i used to be afraid of what my skin would look like if i went off retin A so i get what you were saying.

^^A dermatologist a few years ago complimented me on our first appointment how youthful my skin looked and then said that it wouldn't look as good if I hadn't been using Retin A. I kind of feel trapped now! Some people would rather starve than go without regular hair color maintenance. I'm the same way with the retinoids. If I were broke, I would find a way to get my hands on the stuff and I would gladly forgo a few meals for the cause. Yes, it's sick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information