Thread: DiorShow Unlimited Mascara

Default DiorShow Unlimited Mascara

On my never ending quest for great mascara I tried DiorShow Unlimited.

My everyday go to mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous, plus I keep an arsenal of the one's recommended here and they're all very good. Everyone's eyelashes are different so some like wet, some like dry.

I don't know why this one did what it did, but I was really surprised. It did what it says it will do which always amazes me. $24 US. It has a thinner wand than I'd been using.

What it is:
    Dior's cult-fave mascara formulated with an ultra-stretch texture that provides unsurpassed, backstage results.

What it is formulated to do:
    Lengthens and curves as it adds suppleness and staying power. The double-side brush provides professional application.

My eyelashes were separated but thick, lengthened and very spread out, almond like end to end. It's a little wetter than I'm used to but it's great. I even tried it on my lower lashes and it looked great.

Instead of ten lipsticks, I have ten mascara's.

I'm with you on that! I throw mine out after 3 months ,tops. I always do better with a thinner wand. I also read somewhere a few years back to take out the wand & let it dry out a bit, then dab the tip off on a tissue before applying. Make a big difference.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i used dior show mascara for a long time, but i was a fan of this kind:

it has a much thicker, furry wand. but, like you said, everyone has different types of lashes. i can't use a thin wand with space between the bristles because, while that may give some people volume, it give me clumpy lashes. i need the furry wand because though i have a lot of eyelashes, but they're also quite light in colour so this separates them all and makes them stand out. i also save my dior show wands when they're done, and give them a good wash, because they make the best eyebrow brush ever. way better than any brush you could buy.
    i do love the consistency of dior show mascara though. it's wet, that's true, but it dries quickly and doesn't flake off or give you thick lashes, they still look natural.

and i agree with you about the importance of finding a good mascara. nothing transforms your face the way good mascara does. like i said, my lashes are light in colour but abundant. without mascara it almost looks like i barely have any. then i put mascara on and my eyes look twice the size and really 'pop'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

*trying to get what mascara goes with what lashes*

Ok, I'm lucky enough to have gorgeous long, thick lashes (no, really!!) but I'd like to have a curve to them. I also think the thicker and the longer, the better . Do you know of a mascara that might be right for me?
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

^^^
    the dior show or any other mascara with the thick, fluffy brush. not the small ones with the spaced out, spirally bristles. i was also naturally blessed with long, thick lashes and fat brushes are what work best for me, the thin ones give me clumps. mine are naturally curly so i have no idea what to do for that but you could try one of those lash curling thingies?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thanks Sput. I've just ordered an eyelash curler, as a matter of fact. But some say it damages your lashes. Well, I'll see...
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Recommendations for short, thin, crappy lashes? The more volume and length, the better! I gotta curl mine and then add a trillion coats to make them decent.

Have liked Lancome's Hypnose and Fatale, YSL Volume Cils, also cheapie drugstore Volum' Express and Lash Blast. But wouldn't mind anyone's Holy Grail recommendations.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

The newer Dior Show made my lashes crack in half. Looked like something chewed on them.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bronze Member

I switched from regular Dior SHow to Dior Show Iconic and found it worked better for me, although it is harder to remove. I do use Loreal lash serum underneath to prevent eyelash loss. I used to use L'Oreal lash out, because Kevyn Aucoin recommended it back when he was alive, but I do seem to always go back to the Iconic even if I stray.

I swore by DioroShow Mascara for a longgggg time, then I got a sample of Buxom Lash by Bare Essentials in a Sephora order. Now I swear by it.

I have long but very light colored and thin lashes, and this works wonders.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Bronze Member

I like Dior Show too because it's one of the few mascaras that does smudge under my eyes. There's another one of theirs I like too. Called something like Blackout. I love Laura Mercier's mascaras for length and no stinging but they smudge so badly.

I like Dior Show, I only used it once but I will stick with Lancome, I think it is better product. Dior mascara when on fine of a few uses but it started to clump so it's Lancome for me.

I'm using the big wand Dior Show that Sputnik showed.

Now I see there is a big difference for me in how fresh the mascara is like McJag said. It gave me big, long, thick lashes. It was better than my every day Voluminous. I'm tossing the old ones before they run out.

Thread Information