Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Latisse

Default Latisse

I'm considering getting Latisse. Has anyone used it or currently using it? Would you recommend it?

I haven't tried it. It looks interesting but I don't want to try it if it may change my eye color--scary!
    Things fall apart. It's scientific.

Yes, I used it and it works great and lasted a very long time. If you stop using it, it will take about 6 months for you to see the difference. It did make my eyes itchy, but no other side effects.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The commercials are pretty scary. More possible side effects than rewards, it seems to me.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    I'm considering getting Latisse. Has anyone used it or currently using it? Would you recommend it?
    I had considered it, but after following several threads at EDS (including different lash growing products containing the active responsible for lash growth) I decided against using it.

Through a few of the ladies anecdotal accounts, lash growth indeed was great, but because of the accelerated growth phase they were discovering the *natural* shedding phase (which follows) left the density of their lashes, sparse (ie lashes were lonnng, but density decreased with all the shedding). A few did find brown spots of pigment in their irises, which have never resolved back to their original state, and a few more found either red irritation, or discoloration on their lids.

If I were you, I would definitely conduct a search at EDS for either 'lash enhancing products' 'latisse', or 'lumigan'.

BTW, on suggestions in those threads, castor oil was referred. I've been using that, along with the supplement, MSM and I've noticed substantial gains in both head hair and thickness of eyelashes. It's cheap, you might want to try this initially.

HTH

Elite Member

LOVE it! Works great! Chance of brown pigmentation is .05% when directly applied into the eye, according to my PS.

I know a woman who uses it and IMO, she looks terrible. She had sparse lashes before - now she has just super long, sparse lashes. Spider leg lashes. It looks odd to me. Perhaps if one has a thick but short fringe to start with, the results will look better. Based on what I've seen with this one person though, I would not use it.

I've heard of a lot of people's lashes getting thinner, but mine didn't. They got a lot thicker.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh wow.. interesting information. I've always wondered too.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    I had considered it, but after following several threads at EDS (including different lash growing products containing the active responsible for lash growth) I decided against using it.

Through a few of the ladies anecdotal accounts, lash growth indeed was great, but because of the accelerated growth phase they were discovering the *natural* shedding phase (which follows) left the density of their lashes, sparse (ie lashes were lonnng, but density decreased with all the shedding). A few did find brown spots of pigment in their irises, which have never resolved back to their original state, and a few more found either red irritation, or discoloration on their lids.

If I were you, I would definitely conduct a search at EDS for either 'lash enhancing products' 'latisse', or 'lumigan'.

BTW, on suggestions in those threads, castor oil was referred. I've been using that, along with the supplement, MSM and I've noticed substantial gains in both head hair and thickness of eyelashes. It's cheap, you might want to try this initially.

HTH

Are you ingesting the castor oil, or putting it on your lashes? I've seen both recommended.

For those of you using latisse, how long was it before you noticed growth, and was there a pigment change in the lashes (darker)?

I started noticing a change around week 4, and then around week 6 they just exploded.

Not willing to put anything near my eyes that doesn't need to be there. Only two to a customer and I like my two.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jexxifer View Post
    Are you ingesting the castor oil, or putting it on your lashes? I've seen both recommended.
    Currently, I'm applying on it on my lashes before I go to bed. I believe it may have more of a conditioning effect and my growth is more probably attributable to MSM supplementation.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I am not willing to risk changing my blue eye color. Nope.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have blue eyes. Been using it for over a year. No color change. But my lashes are darker, thicker, and incredibly long
    Coffee is my happy drug

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information