Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued make-up you want brought back

Default Discontinued make-up you want brought back

The discontinued food thread - and the fact that Cover Girl just discontinued my prized TruShine Blushberry Shine lipstick - is the inspiration for this thread.

I went to pick up a tube of my perfect lipstick and it's GONE! Assholes! One of the very few great products they make and they stop making it! I found the last tube to be had in the city in CVS and snapped it up. I'm not even sure it hasn't been opened, but I had to have it. I'll disinfected it when I get home.

Anyone else had some product they loved snatched away and want it brought back?

Yes, Bobbi Brown lip stain in Ruby. I used it for years, they discontinued it, I bought as many as I could but they're all gone now. I wish they would bring it back.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The discontinued food thread - and the fact that Cover Girl just discontinued my prized TruShine Blushberry Shine lipstick - is the inspiration for this thread.

I went to pick up a tube of my perfect lipstick and it's GONE! Assholes! One of the very few great products they make and they stop making it! I found the last tube to be had in the city in CVS and snapped it up. I'm not even sure it hasn't been opened, but I had to have it. I'll disinfected it when I get home.

Anyone else had some product they loved snatched away and want it brought back?

It looks like they discontinued all the TruShine lipcolors, not just yours:

Discontinued :: CoverGirl.com

Their suggested replacement for your shade is Outlast in My Papaya 570:

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    It looks like they discontinued all the TruShine lipcolors, not just yours:

Discontinued :: CoverGirl.com

Their suggested replacement for your shade is Outlast in My Papaya 570
    The great thing about the TruShines was that they were like a lipstick gloss. I've tried the Outlast stuff and it's like house paint! And I think they pull those replacement colors out of their ass, because anything named papaya is probably orangey and bright, not like my pinky nude perfect lipstick.

Thanks for taking the time to look though, Moon.

The great thing about the TruShines was that they were like a lipstick gloss. I've tried the Outlast stuff and it's like house paint! And I think they pull those replacement colors out of their ass, because anything named papaya is probably orangey and bright, not like my pinky nude perfect lipstick.

Thanks for taking the time to look though, Moon.
    Yeah, the pic I posted does look rather pinky/corally, but on the CG website, it looks more brownish neutral. Either way, I imagine that those lipsticks/glosses that have a sealer must feel like you have a coat of latex pain on your lips, though I've never tried them...

L'Oreal Translucide foundation. It was the best makeup ever - it made your skin look flawless while looking like you had nothing on at all, plus it was so lightweight and it never "melted" off like some others. I don't wear foundation anymore, but if they started making this stuff again, I just might just go back

Well, its not makeup, but I really miss Tower Records.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm pissed that Avon has d/c'd their Anew Vitamin C Serum. The reviews were always great. What the fuck?
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

revlon used to have a greyish-purple-brown frost lipstick that i liked. i think the color was called thunder. i miss it.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Thunder..that sounds awesome! I am a lip gloss hound. I love it. When I go to the store, lip gloss distracts me, and usually I have to buy one. I have hundreds lying around every where.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

i can't remember the name of it but clinique used to have this awesome concealer that came in a small green tube and was awesome. it lasted forever too. they kind of replaced it with one that comes in a pen form with a brush on one end and this thinigie you turn to make the concealer come out on the other end, but it just wasn't as good.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The great thing about the TruShines was that they were like a lipstick gloss. I've tried the Outlast stuff and it's like house paint!
    Took a quick look on their website and noticed something similar, a sheer lipstick with shine like gloss: COVERGIRL Queen Collection Vibrant Hue Shine :: COVERGIRL

Only thing that made me pause was that the pic looks like it's frosted (something I hate and I think in general is hard to pull off). But none of the reviews mention frost, just that it's shiny and sheer.

I've been pretty lucky in that I don't think any of the products I use regularly and like have been discontinued.
    I thought Revlon had discontinued their LipGlide line, but it's still on their website. I guess I just haven't seen it in as many stores as I used to.

A few years back, I was dismayed to learn Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lash Tint Mascara was discontinued. Imho, it was the only mascara that DID NOT give me the dreaded racoon eyes. And it was perfect for me because the lash wand reached every lash on my Asian eyes.
    Rock the fuck on!

I was upset when the entire Pout cosmetics brand went under. They made my favorite blush of all time- Pearly Queen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information