Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRESemme hair products: So good or no good?

Default TRESemme hair products: So good or no good?

I need to switch up the old hair care products and I was curious what everyone out there thought of TRESemme products.
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

meh. they have these in the showers at my gym and i think they're ok. they do the job but they are nothing special.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

on board with the "nothing special" vote. the only thing they have going is that it's a fairly cheap product. What do you typically use? I like to switch between Dove, Pantene, Garnier Fructis and Aussie products.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I've been on Pantene forever, then switched to Dove for abit, but its not really doing anything for me. I use Aussie in the summer, it seems to do better here with the humidity (we have no humidity in the winter here and my hair gets in a rage)
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Hit By Ban Bus!

TRESemme is very good for my dry hair. The Moisture Rich conditioner is a godsend. Also, I never switch up I just wash with Neutrogena Clarifying shampoo every six weeks, which strips off the product build-up and you can start fresh.

So I treid the Moisture Rich shampoo and conditioner, and it wasn't bad at all, especially considering the fact that the air has no humidity right now. It feels pretty good, but I think for really over dyed hair I need something a little more quenching. For summer this may rock though

Happy I tried it, I'll try any hair gunk once!

I've been using them since they appeared in the UK and I LOVE them. I wasn't lucky with Garniere, wash and go made my hair tangled, hated Dove, Pantene so-so but Tresemme was made for my hair. I alternate between the red and the blue (for coloured hair and i think moisture rich?). I like the smell (saloon smell I call it) and it's inexpensive.

A*O

I must have been using the wrong thing because the Tresemme I used FRIED my hair into a tangled straw mat. And I don't have dry hair. Pantene is full of silicone and other byproducts that clog up your hair. I think it's a cunning plan to force people to wash their hair once or twice a day.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I heard that if you use Pantene, hairdressers are wary of dyeing your hair because apparently Pantene puts a coating on it that makes hair colour fail?

I used to use Tresemme, and I was expecting alot better thanks to the hype. But I'm a big believer in what works for one's hair, wont work for others, so I wouldn't say don't try it. I've always had more luck with cheaper products, believe it or not. I currently use a $10 shampoo and conditioner from Avon called Advanced Techniques and it's the greatest I've ever used - and I've used a ton of expensive products thinking they'd work best. Not true.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I must have been using the wrong thing because the Tresemme I used FRIED my hair into a tangled straw mat.

Same here. I loathe Tresemme.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I must have been using the wrong thing because the Tresemme I used FRIED my hair into a tangled straw mat. And I don't have dry hair. Pantene is full of silicone and other byproducts that clog up your hair. I think it's a cunning plan to force people to wash their hair once or twice a day.
    Have you found a product which works well? I had a similar experience with a shampoo (can't remember the product though). I have slightly dry hair, but it's fine and I don't want to weigh it down, but would like to keep it soft and smelling nice too.

To my hair they are shit. I get dandruff to my head. But I usually use Tigi or Sebastian, so I don't know if they are good compared to other normal products like Dove or Pantene.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Their heat tamer protective spray is pretty decent, but I don't like the rest of the line. The last time I tried their conditioners, they were too thin for me. I have fine, dry hair and need a thick moisturizing conditioner and theirs did not cut it. Their products do smell nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    I heard that if you use Pantene, hairdressers are wary of dyeing your hair because apparently Pantene puts a coating on it that makes hair colour fail?.
    Hmm...that's really interesting. I used Pantene religiously, and my hair color (at home boxed type) never did take well. Maybe it wasn't a coincedence after all.

A*O

My colourist says Pantene is the bane of her life. The silicone coats the hair to make it took shiny and "healthy" like in the ads but it really interferes with the colouring process and weighs the hair down. It might look great immediately after you wash it but the next day it's dull and greasy looking.

I use L'Oreal Kerastase products. I know they are more expensive but you don't need to use very much and I can get away with washing my hair every other day if necessary.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information