Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray SPF 50

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Default Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray SPF 50

So I took my boy to Mustang Island a couple weeks ago and usually I use the regular baby getting its shorts pulled down by the dog in the pink bottle sunblock but I saw the spray and thought it would make the battle against my boy getting a sunburn easier. I coated him with creme spf before heading to the beach and used the spray for touch ups twice when I realized that shit ate the nailpolish off my nails. It made it soft and the sand stuck into the softened polish. That is fucking scary. I did not use the spray after that. Also, the spray removed the tar I got on my foot and hand. I could not believe that I used something that would remove tar and nailpolish all over my son. After that I only used the creme sunblock and made my munchkin look like Powder, I "applied liberally"

That is just fucking scary that the spray sunblock did that, no warning at all on the packaging that this shit can act as a solvent.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

OMG! That cannot be heathy for small children to be slathered in. I am glad you warned others-that sounds like poison in a bottle!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I was pretty fucking disgusted that I sprayed my son down with it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I was pretty fucking disgusted that I sprayed my son down with it twice.
    I wonder if you shouldn't tell his doctor! Other mothers should be warned. I'm telling my neighbor with a 4 year old boy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Conventional oils will remove tar, so maybe this is nothing to be alarmed about. For instance, we got small amounts of tar on our car after a day trip. Although my hubby used WD40, olive oil in a spray can will remove it. So, it is the same principle that certain oils will also remove paint as well as tar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Conventional oils will remove tar, so maybe this is nothing to be alarmed about. For instance, we got small amounts of tar on our car after a day trip. Although my hubby used WD40, olive oil in a spray can will remove it. So, it is the same principle that certain oils will also remove paint as well as tar.
    But olive oil won't remove nail polish!

Will olive oil as a continuous spray remove nail polish?? (Don't know as I haven't tried!)

This sunblock took the shine off my nail polish and softened it to the point that the nail polish was broken down and then reset with the sand in it. It basically worked as acetone would on an acrylic nail.

I used this same shit and it broke my kids out with a rash veddy veddy interesting
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

This is the ingredients according to what's on Drugstore.com:

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%) (sunscreen), Homosalate (15%) (sunscreen), Octisalate (5%) (sunscreen), Oxybenzone (6%) (sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: SD Alcohol 40 (73.6% v/v), Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil
    I don't know what some of this shit is - like acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer doesn't sound like anything you'd cook with.

Silver Member

Whoa! i used the regular Coppertone in the bottle, not the spray. some of the ingredients are the same, to me it has always been "the smell of summer". i've never noticed my nail polish coming off though this summer i've been so busy i haven't kept up with polishing my nails. previous summers i've always done both my nails and toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    This sunblock took the shine off my nail polish and softened it to the point that the nail polish was broken down and then reset with the sand in it. It basically worked as acetone would on an acrylic nail.
    Do you have an olive oil spray? Can you try using it on the same nail polish to see if it has the same result?

it probably just got under the polish and lifted it off the nail, sunscreen is mostly oil anyway.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I do not use a cooking spray.

The sunblock spray did not peel the polish or lift it. It actually turned it sort of tacky/gummy and then it eventually reset with the sand pressed into it. It also took the shine completely off the polish and what remained was much thinner. This wasn't just normal wear and tear on a manicure, this shit was instant. I do not think it was the oil in the spray but maybe the propellants or the alcohol which is also the 2nd ingredient on my nail polish remover bottle.

Anyway, I will not be spraying it all over my son or myself again.

That may have been the mineral oil, it's awesome at glue removal so maybe it would do that to nail polish
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information