Thread: Nature's Gate Papaya Moisturizer

SVZ

Default Nature's Gate Papaya Moisturizer

I just bought this stuff recently

About 8 bucks for a 500ml bottle

It smells really, sugary...I don't know if the smell is Papaya or not, but that's what it says. It reminds me of the colored coppertone sunscreen, the orange one in particular.

It's very thick when it goes on, and the ingredient list is all natural, just oils, extracts and glycerin.

This moisturizes REALLY well! it keeps my moisturized for like 24 hours, and the papain from the papaya is also gently moisturizing as well. of course this isn't proven, but papain does eat dead protein.

I use it on my face sometimes too, it doesn't irritate it or give me zits.

I'd give it a 4/5. it's kinda expensive.

Default Re: Nature's Gate Papaya Moisturizer

Is it a drugstore purchase or a Whole Foods kind of purchase?

I LOVE Nature's Gate products! It was all we used to use in my house when I was a kid. Their stuff is great if you can find it, it used to only be carried in health food stores. I don't know if that's changed.

SVZ

It's actually available at Loblaws, our drug store in their organics section.

But Whole Foods and other ones have it too

Moisturizer lotion that is used to prevent chapped dry skin and softens the texture of the skin.

Nature's Gate Papaya Moisturizing lotion is a soothing and deep penetrating lotion. Papaya, a tropical fruit, contains important restorative enzymes and the natural softening agent, Papain. We've also included Allantoin for its healing properties and Vitamin E Linoleate which forms an Intercellular Moisture Barrier that prevents moisture loss and softens skin for 24 hours, even after prolonged sun exposure. Combined with Extracts of Wild Pansy and Coffee, as well as a rich blend of natural oils, this unique formulation provides light sun-screen protection and keeps skin supple. Carica Papaya (papaya)- Papaya, which is cultivated in most tropical countries, is rich in vitamins C and A contains papain, a protein hydrolyzing enzyme. Because of this enzyme, papaya offers natural skin softeners when used in cosmetic formulations. The fruit, illustrated here grows at the base of large fronds on palmlike trees rising over 25 feet high. Moisturizing Lotion Directions/Usage: Apply liberally to all parts of the body. When used daily your skin will respond with renewed silkiness. For external use only.

Ingredients: Moisturizing Lotion: Purified Water, Grapeseed Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sesame Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Extracts of Papaya, Comfrey and Calendula, Tocopheryl Linoleate (vitamin E), Coffee and Wild Pansy Extracts*, Aloe Vera, Allantoin, Carbomer 934, Panthenol, TEA, Myristyl Myristate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Natural Fragrance, [* Natural Sunscreens (anti uva and uvb). Papaya, Natural Sunscreens (anti uva and uvb). Comfrey, Calendula, Aloe Vera, Natural Vitamin E Linoleate, Allantoin in a base of Grapeseed, Sesame and Apricot Kernel Oils Does not contain Animal By-Products, Animal Testing.
    there's quite a bit in it

and I just realized it has a UVA and UVB protection.

Here's a link to the company's website, you can order direct from them too

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/n...cgrfnbr=176154

I remember the bottles being HUGE, but I was also a kid at the time so it could have been by comparison.

Its more expensive because NG is vegan, and it takes more effort to derive ingredients from plant sources instead of animal.

SVZ

It wasn't that expensive...8 canadian about 6.50 USD for half a litre. not bad.

Thread Information