Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roaccutane rocks!

A*O

Default Roaccutane rocks!

To all you acne sufferers out there I just wanted to say that if you have tried everything else then ask your doc to prescribe some Roaccutane (active ingredient isotretinoin). It is MIRACULOUS. My daughter has been battling acne on her face and back for the last 6 years poor kid and nothing really worked, creams, antibiotics, Pill, you name it. A couple of months ago it got really bad again, she was a real Pizza Face, and so we tried Roaccutane. 8 weeks later the acne has completely disappeared. She had a couple of breakouts before her period but they cleared up after a couple of days. The only side effect she's had is dry lips but lip balm fixes that.

Seriously, if you haven't tried this stuff and you have problems with acne then discuss it with your doctor. It will change your life.
    Why do people say "Grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

^^Congratulations to your daughter. I've not of this before. Is this Retin A on steroids?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I used Roaccutane, it's amazing.
    I had rosacea. It cured it. Though sometimes my skin feels extra dry, but burn a little, nothing to worry about.

I just hated the symptoms from the medicine,. Extra dry skin, depression, etc

Whats the difference between Roaccutane and Accutane?

Zee

^^None. Both are even produced by the same manufacturer.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

^^^
    i think it's called accutane in the US and roaccutane everywhere else.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

There are a few other brands too but the active ingredient is the same.
    Why do people say "Grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

Hmm, I might try this. My acne isn't TOO bad, but I'm so tired of putting acne medicine on my skin, then skin lotion when it gets too dry, then make up to cover it all. It's a cycle and I know it's eventually going to harm my skin.

I can just go to my dermatologist and ask him for this? Does your acne have to be bad to a certain extent in order to qualify for this medicine?

Quote Originally Posted by suzan View Post
    I used Roaccutane, it's amazing.
    I had rosacea. It cured it. Though sometimes my skin feels extra dry, but burn a little, nothing to worry about.

I just hated the symptoms from the medicine,. Extra dry skin, depression, etc
    Wow if depression is a side effect I think that I'd rather live with the rosacea.

yes it really worked for me also

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Wow if depression is a side effect I think that I'd rather live with the rosacea.
    Actually this product has a lot of negative side effects (depression is one of them) so I'd really hesitate about using it too. Especially because of the effects it can have on your eyes (it can dry your cornea from the inside :s )
    One of my friends did and she's fine too, but this product is not that safe to use (even though it rally works against acne, I've read a lot of times it was like a miracle cure against that)
    Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    yes it really worked for me also
    Yes, your Britney tattoo is so much clearer now!

I know people who have used Accutane. It really was a miracle drug for them. However, there are issues with depression. I don't know if anybody remembers that kid who flew a small plane into the side of a building in Tampa about 10 years ago. He was suffering from side effects of depression on Accutane.

I suffer from roseacia and for many years battled depression. I know that I hate what is going on with my skin, but I'd (personally) avoid this as the thought of going through all that hell again... well.... since it would be a choice this time, I choose not to!

A friend of mine said Accutane was amazing & cleared up the acne she had her entire adolescence. She also mentioned that it was a very strong drug & her DR warned her not to get pregnant while on it because of the risk of birth defects.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Thats really great, both for your friend & A*O's daughter. Its really dehibilitating isn't it, I know a girl with it here & I'm sure that because of it she is painfully shy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information