Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why today's women want a girl

In a way, I can agree with what you are saying Effie. Because of the three of us kids, as the only girl, I am probably the one person that my mother can and will one day have to rely on to do things for her as she becomes less capable. Yet it was a long hard road for us relationship-wise, while it has been seemingly much easier for her to love my brothers unconditionally and effortlessly. I actually feel like our *bond* is the strongest...she'd be mroe lost without me...but in a way she still probably has more *love* (pure and unsullied love) for the boys. If that makes any sense. I wasn't even a difficult/bratty/bitchy little girl either, but we still went through way more issues than she did with the boys.

The thought of going through similar shit with a daughter of my own is enough to make me wake up in a cold sweat at night. And not everyone is fortunate enough to have things come full circle and get to a point where they are close with their mom/daughter once again. I have many peers who remain alienated from or have a relationship that is otherwise strained or non-existent with their moms.

And IMO it remains to be seen if today's girls will turn out to be this way when it's their turn. They seem a pretty selfish lot that I have a hard time seeing many of them ending up their parent's eventual caretakers.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I really, really want a girl. I am definitely a total girly-girl and I would love being able to dress my daughter in cute outfits and encourage her to get involved in activities like the ones I did. I think it would be much easier to relate to a daughter than a son. I have a very close relationship with my mother, and I'd like to have that with a daughter.

I wouldn't mind having a boy as well, IF I had at least one girl. If I don't get a girl, I honestly believe I will be devastated. Having only boys is like a nightmare to me. I have zero interest in athletics and other stereotypically male activities and I just don't think that raising a boy would be fun. I worry that when I have my first child, if it is a boy I won't be able to hide my disappointment, and I don't know if that's really a common feeling.

My boy is my first born,then i badly wanted a girl and i had her.
    I got pregnant again a lot later,and when i found out i was knocked up,i was past my 4th month,so i kept the baby.
    I ve never prayed that hard in my life for the baby to be healthy AND a girl..she is now the greatest joy in my life.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh Richard. Now there's a man that can cry and emote!

Oh, that brought a smile to my lips.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I really, really want a girl. I am definitely a total girly-girl and I would love being able to dress my daughter in cute outfits and encourage her to get involved in activities like the ones I did. I think it would be much easier to relate to a daughter than a son. I have a very close relationship with my mother, and I'd like to have that with a daughter.

I wouldn't mind having a boy as well, IF I had at least one girl. If I don't get a girl, I honestly believe I will be devastated. Having only boys is like a nightmare to me. I have zero interest in athletics and other stereotypically male activities and I just don't think that raising a boy would be fun. I worry that when I have my first child, if it is a boy I won't be able to hide my disappointment, and I don't know if that's really a common feeling.
    I had a friend whose mother doted on her. She was a very feminie woman who bought my friend all kinds of clothes, make-up, the works. I would have killed to have a mother like that. But my friend couldn't have cared less. She wasn't girlie at all. All she cared about was surfing and later beer. It turned out she was gay. It broke her mother's heart because she imagined the white wedding, grandchildren and all that. Not saying that all lesbians are masculine, but my friend was very tomboyish. So you never know what kind of girl you're going to get.

I hope you're right about girls getting better when they're older, effie. The mean girl drama that goes on in my daughter's life is going to kill me. They start at 9 now. The name calling about weight and looks, it's a nightmare. None of that stuff with boys though, TG.

But maybe this saying is true:

A son is a son until he takes a wife,
    A daughter's a daughter all of her life.

....so this isn't a thread about lesbians?.....drat.......the title sounded good......

Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    I had a friend whose mother doted on her. She was a very feminie woman who bought my friend all kinds of clothes, make-up, the works. I would have killed to have a mother like that. But my friend couldn't have cared less. She wasn't girlie at all. All she cared about was surfing and later beer. It turned out she was gay. It broke her mother's heart because she imagined the white wedding, grandchildren and all that. Not saying that all lesbians are masculine, but my friend was very tomboyish. So you never know what kind of girl you're going to get.
    That's too bad. I actually could probably handle a daughter who was a tomboy/lesbian! I've even mentioned this before IRL.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    That's too bad. I actually could probably handle a daughter who was a tomboy/lesbian! I've even mentioned this before IRL.
    Well I know if my daughter was a tomboy/lesbian, I'd save a ton of money and she wouldn't mess with my stuff anymore. There's pluses to every situation, I guess.

hey, it's the 21st century.. you can dress your boy up in clothes and girly things and he might turn into a rock star.

.. or norman bates.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

I know I had my "moments' and I know the "payback moments" are coming to me. However, my mother and I are such good FRIENDS. We have an amazing bond. We love sitting on the patio drinking wine and laughing. I miss her very much.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I dont know why, girls are so much harder to raise. My mum always said- i'm glad i had 4 boys and one girl instead of the other way around.
    yeah thats true, its b/c girls have a brain and boys just sit there having stuff done to them rather than doing. they are easier and they cause all the shit in this world so go figure....maybe we look at raising them wrongly.

....you disprove your own theory.....

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

as a woman; thats my prerogative

Nice to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information