Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Why today's women want a girl

  1. #31
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,779

    Default

    In a way, I can agree with what you are saying Effie. Because of the three of us kids, as the only girl, I am probably the one person that my mother can and will one day have to rely on to do things for her as she becomes less capable. Yet it was a long hard road for us relationship-wise, while it has been seemingly much easier for her to love my brothers unconditionally and effortlessly. I actually feel like our *bond* is the strongest...she'd be mroe lost without me...but in a way she still probably has more *love* (pure and unsullied love) for the boys. If that makes any sense. I wasn't even a difficult/bratty/bitchy little girl either, but we still went through way more issues than she did with the boys.

    The thought of going through similar shit with a daughter of my own is enough to make me wake up in a cold sweat at night. And not everyone is fortunate enough to have things come full circle and get to a point where they are close with their mom/daughter once again. I have many peers who remain alienated from or have a relationship that is otherwise strained or non-existent with their moms.

    And IMO it remains to be seen if today's girls will turn out to be this way when it's their turn. They seem a pretty selfish lot that I have a hard time seeing many of them ending up their parent's eventual caretakers.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #32
    Elite Member southernbelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,578

    Default

    I really, really want a girl. I am definitely a total girly-girl and I would love being able to dress my daughter in cute outfits and encourage her to get involved in activities like the ones I did. I think it would be much easier to relate to a daughter than a son. I have a very close relationship with my mother, and I'd like to have that with a daughter.

    I wouldn't mind having a boy as well, IF I had at least one girl. If I don't get a girl, I honestly believe I will be devastated. Having only boys is like a nightmare to me. I have zero interest in athletics and other stereotypically male activities and I just don't think that raising a boy would be fun. I worry that when I have my first child, if it is a boy I won't be able to hide my disappointment, and I don't know if that's really a common feeling.

  3. #33
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    14,175

    Default

    My boy is my first born,then i badly wanted a girl and i had her.
    I got pregnant again a lot later,and when i found out i was knocked up,i was past my 4th month,so i kept the baby.
    I ve never prayed that hard in my life for the baby to be healthy AND a girl..she is now the greatest joy in my life.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator


  4. #34
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    13,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh Richard. Now there's a man that can cry and emote!

  5. #35
    Hit By Ban Bus! pacific breeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    in the wild blue yonder
    Posts
    15,479

    Default

    Oh, that brought a smile to my lips.

  6. #36
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I really, really want a girl. I am definitely a total girly-girl and I would love being able to dress my daughter in cute outfits and encourage her to get involved in activities like the ones I did. I think it would be much easier to relate to a daughter than a son. I have a very close relationship with my mother, and I'd like to have that with a daughter.

    I wouldn't mind having a boy as well, IF I had at least one girl. If I don't get a girl, I honestly believe I will be devastated. Having only boys is like a nightmare to me. I have zero interest in athletics and other stereotypically male activities and I just don't think that raising a boy would be fun. I worry that when I have my first child, if it is a boy I won't be able to hide my disappointment, and I don't know if that's really a common feeling.
    I had a friend whose mother doted on her. She was a very feminie woman who bought my friend all kinds of clothes, make-up, the works. I would have killed to have a mother like that. But my friend couldn't have cared less. She wasn't girlie at all. All she cared about was surfing and later beer. It turned out she was gay. It broke her mother's heart because she imagined the white wedding, grandchildren and all that. Not saying that all lesbians are masculine, but my friend was very tomboyish. So you never know what kind of girl you're going to get.

    I hope you're right about girls getting better when they're older, effie. The mean girl drama that goes on in my daughter's life is going to kill me. They start at 9 now. The name calling about weight and looks, it's a nightmare. None of that stuff with boys though, TG.

    But maybe this saying is true:

    A son is a son until he takes a wife,
    A daughter's a daughter all of her life.

  7. #37
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    ....so this isn't a thread about lesbians?.....drat.......the title sounded good......

  8. #38
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Picara View Post
    I had a friend whose mother doted on her. She was a very feminie woman who bought my friend all kinds of clothes, make-up, the works. I would have killed to have a mother like that. But my friend couldn't have cared less. She wasn't girlie at all. All she cared about was surfing and later beer. It turned out she was gay. It broke her mother's heart because she imagined the white wedding, grandchildren and all that. Not saying that all lesbians are masculine, but my friend was very tomboyish. So you never know what kind of girl you're going to get.
    That's too bad. I actually could probably handle a daughter who was a tomboy/lesbian! I've even mentioned this before IRL.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  9. #39
    Elite Member Picara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    That's too bad. I actually could probably handle a daughter who was a tomboy/lesbian! I've even mentioned this before IRL.
    Well I know if my daughter was a tomboy/lesbian, I'd save a ton of money and she wouldn't mess with my stuff anymore. There's pluses to every situation, I guess.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    hey, it's the 21st century.. you can dress your boy up in clothes and girly things and he might turn into a rock star.

    .. or norman bates.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  11. #41
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I know I had my "moments' and I know the "payback moments" are coming to me. However, my mother and I are such good FRIENDS. We have an amazing bond. We love sitting on the patio drinking wine and laughing. I miss her very much.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

  12. #42
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I dont know why, girls are so much harder to raise. My mum always said- i'm glad i had 4 boys and one girl instead of the other way around.
    yeah thats true, its b/c girls have a brain and boys just sit there having stuff done to them rather than doing. they are easier and they cause all the shit in this world so go figure....maybe we look at raising them wrongly.

  13. #43
    Elite Member cynic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,435

    Default

    ....you disprove your own theory.....

  14. #44
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    as a woman; thats my prerogative

  15. #45
    Gold Member princesspink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Nice to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Today's Live with Regis and Kelly
    By sweetrebel in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 17th, 2007, 02:18 PM
  2. Today's neo-Nazis have no respect for tradition
    By twitchy in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 31st, 2007, 10:32 AM
  3. *Updated**Today's Britneys Divorce Gossip
    By UndercoverGator in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: November 16th, 2005, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •