Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why don't black Americans swim?

Those spinning things were great fun. Yeah, we'd do the contest to see who could outlast the others. Much vomiting happened, as I recall.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    DO NOT FUCKING MOCK THE PARACHUTE GAME!

We always had a parachute, and they'd toss a couple of the dodgeballs onto it.. the trick was to keep it on the parachute and launch it back across to where it came from.

The teacher always went and had a smoke for that one. Easy PE.
    THEY MADE US DANCE AROUND IN A CIRCLE TO "DISCO DUCK"!!

It was a traumatizing, life-altering experience.

The worst spinning ride I have ever been on is that damn ride where it spins and you are stuck against the sides of the thing by centrifigal/centripetal(whichever!) force..and the bottom drops down and you are stuck against the side.

Sure fire vomit inducer for me.

Love me some Rollercoasters though.

*and Good Lord..I thought I had it bad with the Disco lessons...having to do annything to 'Disco Duck'? That was just not right...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    DO NOT FUCKING MOCK THE PARACHUTE GAME!
    Grimm, I think I need a new sig.....
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    The worst spinning ride I have ever been on is that damn ride where it spins and you are stuck against the sides of the thing by centrifigal/centripetal(whichever!) force..and the bottom drops down and you are stuck against the side.

Sure fire vomit inducer for me.
    Ahh yes - the Roter or The Hell Hole!! My sisters, brothers and I would ride those over and over at Hershey Park and the Wildwood Boardwalk. Good times! The goal for us was to turn yourself upside down while it was spinning and then get all the way back around by the time they brought the floor back up.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A*O

We did a bit of so-called country dancing AKA square dancing with nifty titles like Strip The Willow and The Gay Gordons. But then we had shit called Music & Movement which mainly involved pretending to be an acorn and growing into an oak tree.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Haha - my what a big oak tree you've become today!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

my school yard in geneva had something similar except it was slightly more enclosed except for a little opening to get in and out, and you sat down and there was a wheel in the middle that you turned (kind of like a big steering wheel) and it made the whole thing spin. you could get it to go really, really fast. kids regularly puked on it.
    as teenagers, we used to get high and go spin on it. there was another one in this giant shoe store (the big family kind, i guess it was to keep kids occupied while their parents shopped) and we used to go to that one too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    We did a bit of so-called country dancing AKA square dancing with nifty titles like Strip The Willow and The Gay Gordons. But then we had shit called Music & Movement which mainly involved pretending to be an acorn and growing into an oak tree.
    The English or Scottish country dancing (called contra dancing in the US) is much better than square dancing because they don't force you to wear bizarre outfits. It's actually fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think, more than anything, schools are probably under pressure to show academic results, and it would be kind of unlikely they would give up that much of the day to teach kids to swim.
    Exactly. Here in my state, many of the schools have scored really low on their testing. Some areas are worse than others. Over the past few years they have drastically cut recess and P.E. in favor of more academic study time. Field trips have been cut as well for the same reason, but also because they're too expensive.

We moved recently (within the state), and thankfully the schools here are much better. Excellent test scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post

Any excuse, you know.
    Just look at that lil chuckle monkey, he is adorable!!

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Those spinning things were great fun. Yeah, we'd do the contest to see who could outlast the others. Much vomiting happened, as I recall.
    For some reason it's fun to get dizzy when you're a kid. Now, not so much.

^ Yeah, we're getting old. Our guts aren't what they used to be.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

A*O

It's true. I NEVER used to get motion sickness in cars, planes, boats, etc but now I can get queasy very quickly. Damn.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Same. I can't even read in the car now without needing to be ill.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    THEY MADE US DANCE AROUND IN A CIRCLE TO "DISCO DUCK"!!

It was a traumatizing, life-altering experience.
    Ditto except that it was Jim Croce's Bad Bad Leroy Brown. I feel ill just thinking about it.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I had to do square and ballroom dancing but in the later grades we did Spanish dancing.. complete with frilly skirts and puffy sleeves. The Spanish dancing was fun and a great workout but the worst part was that our teacher was in her mid 60's and she loved to shimmy her skirt up too high as she danced. *vomit*
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information