Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: Why does the U.S care about Israel?

  1. #16
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post


    That's why.
    Wow, that pretty much sums it up. The problem with the Jews and Palestinians is that I don't think there will ever be any peace. The Jews consider the area in question to be their land given to them by God like since the book of Exodus in the Old Testament. The problem is when that when they left Egypt with Moses and got to their literal promise land these people were on it and they have more or less fought over it ever since. Anti-semitism has been around for a long time. Many had dislike for them because they considered them to be the murderers of Jesus because they were given a choice by the Roman governor to free Jesus or Barabas another Jew. They chose Barabas to go free. Hitler was able to turn a whole nation on the Jews because he was charismatic and Germany was in a depression similar to what the USA was going through in the 1930's. He sort of blamed everything wrong in Germany on the Jews. Christians are taught early on that the Jews are God's chosen people since Abraham was the only person who accepted God to be his God. Christians are allowed to be a part of God's family through Jesus Christ. Since the majority of the US used to be of the Christian faith, I think they were skiddish to go against Isreal. As the USA becomes more secular with each generation, I think support of Isreal will become less and less. Sorry so long, but I am teaching Night right now and am covering much of this and grew up going to church.

  2. #17
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ya-ya_sister View Post
    Wow, that pretty much sums it up. The problem with the Jews and Palestinians is that I don't think there will ever be any peace. The Jews consider the area in question to be their land given to them by God like since the book of Exodus in the Old Testament. The problem is when that when they left Egypt with Moses and got to their literal promise land these people were on it and they have more or less fought over it ever since. Anti-semitism has been around for a long time. Many had dislike for them because they considered them to be the murderers of Jesus because they were given a choice by the Roman governor to free Jesus or Barabas another Jew. They chose Barabas to go free. Hitler was able to turn a whole nation on the Jews because he was charismatic and Germany was in a depression similar to what the USA was going through in the 1930's. He sort of blamed everything wrong in Germany on the Jews. Christians are taught early on that the Jews are God's chosen people since Abraham was the only person who accepted God to be his God. Christians are allowed to be a part of God's family through Jesus Christ. Since the majority of the US used to be of the Christian faith, I think they were skiddish to go against Isreal. As the USA becomes more secular with each generation, I think support of Isreal will become less and less. Sorry so long, but I am teaching Night right now and am covering much of this and grew up going to church.
    No this was nice, you explained it in great detail

  3. #18
    Elite Member AgentOrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wonderstruck
    Posts
    6,945

    Default

    Some people say that the USA likes having a friend in the area, since that's where the oil is. Israel became even more crucial after the Shah got the boot.

    The USA likes to rely on the Moussad for information on that highly unstable area. Reputedly their own in house surveillance of the mid east is a shambles. The CIA is said to have very few reliable translators, for one thing (they've been concentrating on Spanish specialists for decades, since Latin America was the hot spot). After 911 they had to recruit Arab translators fast, and that lead to the Sibil Edmonds fiasco. She quit after blowing the whistle and exposing the place as 'highly shambolic', to borrow a phrase from Jimi Page.

    Parkinson's Law Applied to Intelligence Services
    [GVIDEO]http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5371200172949621869&ei=38OPSYD0L4uk-wGKsICeCg&q=sibil+edmonds&hl=en[/GVIDEO]

    So naturally they rely heavily on Israel. Israeli intelligence is on the spot, they have people fluent in the language, and even have agents that can infiltrate Arab groups. They also have their own agenda, and often with hold info from the States. The perception is that America is hard to deal with - a one way street. Help them out and they take the "What have you done for me lately" attitude. When they want something it's "What does it take to help you get what we want". The Moussad has decided that more is to be gained from expectancy than gratitude where the USA is concerned, and sometimes fan the flames in the region, just to make sure America is properly motivate to keep a steady supply of F16's coming.

    This of course leads to the ticklish question "What advance knowledge - if any - did Israel have of 911?"

    Victor Ostrovsky on Mossad - By Way of Deception, thou shalt do War

    it also gives the image of all those Intelligence service translators running their transcripts through Babelfish.

  4. #19
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Annex
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    "This is pathetic having a muzzie sympathizer as POTUS."

    Muzzie sympathizer? What is this some new racist terminology?

  5. #20
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Because Irael is the only Jewish state in this world and have many enemies who want to destroy it.They suffered a lot in Europe,now they have their own country but this time they have to fight against terror.They deserve to be protected,if it was not for the US there would not be Israel now.

  6. #21
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Birmingham Alabama/Ameilia Island Florida
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Somehow the obvious facts aren't mentioned in this thread -

    Israel is a democractic republic capitalist nation. It maintains a strong national defense and possesses nuclear weapons.

    Anyone who believes Israel will ever allow itself to be destroyed or occupied in a conventional war by Muslim extremists is delusional. Israel may be destroyed in a nuclear exchange but that's the only way it will be destroyed.

    Iran's push to attain Nuclear weapons will never be tolerated by the Israelis without a fight. The US supports Israel because it's a beacon of hope in a region that's been hopeless for thousands of years. Israel is a freedom loving democracy in the midst of many Muslim extremist totalitarian regimes who want to destroy it and refuse to concede it's right to exist at all.

    The problems in the middle east are the most complex on earth - their solutions will require tolerance but that commodity is non-existant in Muslim extremist theocracies - the crux of the problem.

  7. #22
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvee View Post
    Somehow the obvious facts aren't mentioned in this thread -

    Israel is a democractic republic capitalist nation. It maintains a strong national defense and possesses nuclear weapons.

    Anyone who believes Israel will ever allow itself to be destroyed or occupied in a conventional war by Muslim extremists is delusional. Israel may be destroyed in a nuclear exchange but that's the only way it will be destroyed.

    Iran's push to attain Nuclear weapons will never be tolerated by the Israelis without a fight. The US supports Israel because it's a beacon of hope in a region that's been hopeless for thousands of years. Israel is a freedom loving democracy in the midst of many Muslim extremist totalitarian regimes who want to destroy it and refuse to concede it's right to exist at all.

    The problems in the middle east are the most complex on earth - their solutions will require tolerance but that commodity is non-existant in Muslim extremist theocracies - the crux of the problem.
    The "obvious facts"? Puh-lease...

    Israel is a democratic nation that has no problem treating Arab Israelis as second-class citizens. Has no problem undermining the democratically elected governments of the Palestinians.

    Israel is not a beacon of hope. Displacing thousands of people from their homes and native lands doesn't make you a "beacon of hope." It has never acted as such either.

  8. #23
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,395

    Default

    When Isreael stops playing the perpetual victim on the world stage there might be some hope for peace in the Middle East. It's not going to happen in my lifetime.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  9. #24
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    It's not going to happen in my lifetime.
    uh...do you know who are president is?

  10. #25
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,483

    Default

    ^^ don't hold your breath.

    an old joke:

    Francois Mitterrand, George Bush and Yitzak Shamir have a meeting with God. Mitterrand says, "My country faces many difficult problems - lagging exports, Muslim minorities, European unification. How long will it be before France's problems are solved?"

    God says, "Fifteen years."

    Mitterrand begins to cry. "I'm an old man," says Mitterrand. "I'll be dead by then. I'll never see France's problems solved."

    Then Bush says, "My country faces many difficult problems - rececssion, crime, racial prejudice. How long will it be before America's problems are solved?"

    God says, "Ten years."

    Bush begins to cry. "I'm an old man," says Bush. "I'll be out of office by then. I won't get any credit for solving America's problems."

    Then Shamir says, "The Middle East faces many, many difficult problems. How long will it be before the region's problems are solved?"

    God begins to cry.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  11. #26
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    uh...do you know who are president is?
    I assume you mean Obama? He's certainly a breath of fresh air in the foetid corridors of DC but despite the huge burden of expectation people have placed on his shoulders he's not the Messiah and he can't work miracles and that's what is needed in the Middle East.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  12. #27
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    uh...do you know who are president is?

    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

  13. #28
    Elite Member bychance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,294

    Default

    Whoops, I meant 'our' not 'are'. For some reason I can't edit my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I assume you mean Obama? He's certainly a breath of fresh air in the foetid corridors of DC but despite the huge burden of expectation people have placed on his shoulders he's not the Messiah and he can't work miracles and that's what is needed in the Middle East.
    My point is you implied that you won't see it in our lifetime, and we have a black president, lol.

  14. #29
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fauvee View Post
    Somehow the obvious facts aren't mentioned in this thread -

    Israel is a democractic republic capitalist nation. It maintains a strong national defense and possesses nuclear weapons.
    Actually, Israel refuses to acknowledge whether it does or does not currently posess any Nuclear weapons.

    Anyone who believes Israel will ever allow itself to be destroyed or occupied in a conventional war by Muslim extremists is delusional.
    The only way it could stop such a thing IS by threatening massive nuclear retaliation with the weapons they decline to admit they have. Let's face it, Israel is a speck of a country surrounded on all sides by heavily armed neighbors. The only thing that stops them from being wiped off the map after all this time is the threat of nuclear retaliation and US interference.

    Israel may be destroyed in a nuclear exchange but that's the only way it will be destroyed.
    Doubtful. They can be conquered just like Iraq. The problem is the attacker would invariably be vaporized or pounded into submission aerially.

    Iran's push to attain Nuclear weapons will never be tolerated by the Israelis without a fight.
    Then I hope the Israelis enjoy their little war. Keep this hemisphere the fuck out of it please.

    The US supports Israel because it's a beacon of hope in a region that's been hopeless for thousands of years.
    That's asinine. Israel didn't exist before the 1940's. Before the 19th century, Muslim nations were decades ahead of western societies in terms of science, astronomy, health.

    Israel is a freedom loving democracy in the midst of many Muslim extremist totalitarian regimes who want to destroy it and refuse to concede it's right to exist at all.
    Yes, freedom loving. We'll tell that to the Palestinians who have been crushed under their boot for 60 years.

    The problems in the middle east are the most complex on earth - their solutions will require tolerance but that commodity is non-existant in Muslim extremist theocracies - the crux of the problem.
    Level headedness and a desire for peace exist on neither side. Israel is not some golden child. They are all equally to blame for their situation but refuse to acknowledge that.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  15. #30
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Birmingham Alabama/Ameilia Island Florida
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Actually, Israel refuses to acknowledge whether it does or does not currently posess any Nuclear weapons.



    The only way it could stop such a thing IS by threatening massive nuclear retaliation with the weapons they decline to admit they have. Let's face it, Israel is a speck of a country surrounded on all sides by heavily armed neighbors. The only thing that stops them from being wiped off the map after all this time is the threat of nuclear retaliation and US interference.



    Doubtful. They can be conquered just like Iraq. The problem is the attacker would invariably be vaporized or pounded into submission aerially.



    Then I hope the Israelis enjoy their little war. Keep this hemisphere the fuck out of it please.



    That's asinine. Israel didn't exist before the 1940's. Before the 19th century, Muslim nations were decades ahead of western societies in terms of science, astronomy, health.



    Yes, freedom loving. We'll tell that to the Palestinians who have been crushed under their boot for 60 years.



    Level headedness and a desire for peace exist on neither side. Israel is not some golden child. They are all equally to blame for their situation but refuse to acknowledge that.
    I say white - you say black. *chuckle*

    OK - How about this one: There are no Gay Clubs in any Muslim Theocracy. Israel has many Gay Clubs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Israel rules
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 10th, 2009, 04:05 AM
  2. Israel doesn't like that the GOP lost. Boohoo, get over it.
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 8th, 2006, 04:22 PM
  3. Israel update
    By Delphinium in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 14th, 2006, 04:14 PM
  4. Hamas says truce with Israel is off ..or on
    By deckchick in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 9th, 2005, 12:33 PM
  5. Iran and Israel
    By UndercoverGator in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 8th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •