Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vladimir Putin is so hot

zero temptation here
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by marina View Post
    I think he's a psychopath, manipulative and utterly without conscience, and he looks and acts very mean. Also, there's something distasteful about a man in his position being ridiculously preoccupied with his looks and the image that he attempts to convey.

The same could be said of Sarkozy. But I think Sarkozy is considerably more charming, funny, and hopefully less dangerous.
    I think, in Putin's case, he's trying to make up for a few "shortcomings." And he may be all those things, but that's what makes him a fascinating study ... for me, anyway. I'm one of those weird people that love to be an armchair criminal profiler though too. LOL

I guess that's what's going on with all the rockets and rods he's fondling in every other pic.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'd hit it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Moobs.

I was thinking more about this the other day and marina's comments about his preoccupation with his looks. He's also a high level karate man.

From wiki:

One of Putin's favorite sports is the martial art of judo. Putin began training in sambo (a martial art that originated in the Soviet Union) at the age of 14, before switching to judo, which he continues to practice today.[302] Putin won competitions in his hometown of Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg), including the senior championship of Leningrad. He is the President of the Yawara Dojo, the same Saint Petersburg dojo he practiced at when young. Putin co-authored a book on his favorite sport, published in Russian as Judo with Vladimir Putin and in English under the title Judo: History, Theory, Practice.[303]

Though he is not the first world leader to practice judo, Putin is the first leader to move forward into the advanced levels. Currently, Putin holds a 6th dan (red/white belt) and is best known for his Harai Goshi (sweeping hip throw). Putin earned Master of Sports (Soviet and Russian sport title) in Judo in 1975 and in Sambo in 1973. After a state visit to Japan, Putin was invited to the Kodokan Institute where he showed the students and Japanese officials different judo techniques.[304]
    So, while I think that these "shirtless" pictures of him (on horseback and the earlier one of him fishing) are definitely PR moves to make him look more manly, it's not as though he hasn't been athletic for most of his life anyway. He's actually known in the judo world for a specific move that he does extremely well (too lazy to look it up, it was some kind of sweeping hip move or something). Not defending him because I do actually agree that he's a got a few marbles loose, I just think there's more to him than narcissism. Flexing his muscles, just like the two Russian nuclear subs that have been training just a few miles off the East Coast for a several days a week or two ago. Everything that man does is calculated.

ETA: Should have read my own source more thoroughly ... talks about his signature judo move right there. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information