Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touchdown!!! (Canadian election results)

Default Re: Touchdown!!! (Canadian election results)

OoOoOoOo! Global is reporting about how an NDP/Liberal coalition could technically keep control of Canada! Bwahaha. TAKE THAT TORIES!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness
    OoOoOoOo! Global is reporting about how an NDP/Liberal coalition could technically keep control of Canada! Bwahaha. TAKE THAT TORIES!
    I'm pretty sure we didn't need a tv report to tell us that?!?!?

But don't forget about who was involved in the No Confidence Vote on the Liberals.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

LOL, woohoo.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    I'm pretty sure we didn't need a tv report to tell us that?!?!?

But don't forget about who was involved in the No Confidence Vote on the Liberals.
    They only did the no-confidence so they could gain seats. And they kicked themselves in the ass, because the Tories have a platform polar opposite to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    I didn't know about the rule that there had to be an article...that is why I added one.

And, why even bother reading this if all you are going to do is bring everything down? I edited my post to make it more "acceptable" and added an article. Just trying to do things according to the rules.

Thanks for the link btw. I would have posted it but didn't know it was available. Makes the thread more clear... and easier to understand the election results.
    I'm not trying to bring anything down. You set the tone with your orginal snarky post. But whatever....

Anyway, the Liberal candidate in my riding just squeaked in. This riding has been Conservative for more than 20 years. Yay!!

Not that I favour the Liberals -- under Martin, they were nearly as right wing as the Reform. But this guy has a good rep, and has done a lot for the community already.

Gotta go...Martin is speaking.

Well the neocons didn't do as well as they wanted in atlantic canada, nor Ontario... The liberald didn't get the huge spanking everybody thought they would.. the NDP improved its numbers (the only reason it sided with the neocons in the first place).. pretty much turned out how I thought it would.

So we have Emperor Harper for the next 6-18 months, leashed by a liberal/NDp/Bloc solidarity (one thing they agree on, is being against neocon policy)... should be interesting to see if he still tries to attack gay marriage, and if so, if it will succeed...

I'll be out protesting if he even comes NEAR it, but I suspect his jubiland and muzzled reform party wingnuts won't take long before they're spewing hate in the name of Jebus.

I still feel dirty having that glass-eyed creep representing MY socially progressive country. Canada lost a good chunk of its 'cool' factor tonight, but hopefully not for long.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

I think I'm most looking forward to see what changes are made in the Youth Offenders Act, Health Care, dumping of the Gun Registry and using the money to hire more police officers as promised, doing away with house arrest for serious crimes, fixing the mess with the Kyoto accord, my preference is on a GST tax cut (Con promise) rather than reduction at the end of the fiscal year off income tax (Lib promise)...though both would be welcomed . With a minority gov't too much change isn't possible, but new ideas are welcoming.

I'll agree with you on the crime thing.. im fucking tired of ducking bullets as they whiz by in toronto. Suffice it to say, I would be way more draconian if i was in power.

Anybody caught with a gun, even without committing a crime - 2 year sentence

anybody caught using a gun in a crime - minimum 5 year sentence

anybody caught committing a crime involving bodily hard from that weapon - minimum ten years

any murder invlving a gun - automatic life imprisonment, no parole, and the entire time he's in jail to be subject to constant rehabilitation programs.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I'll agree with you on the crime thing.. im fucking tired of ducking bullets as they whiz by in toronto. Suffice it to say, I would be way more draconian if i was in power.

Anybody caught with a gun, even without committing a crime - 2 year sentence

anybody caught using a gun in a crime - minimum 5 year sentence

anybody caught committing a crime involving bodily hard from that weapon - minimum ten years

any murder invlving a gun - automatic life imprisonment, no parole, and the entire time he's in jail to be subject to constant rehabilitation programs.
    Grimmlok you must be a closeted Conservative! That is exactly what they want. The "let's-craack-down-on-crime" party promising to impose automatic jail terms and longer sentences for gun, drug and gang-related crimes. I knew there was hope for you...

NOTE: I think I need to add ^^^^^ meant to be a J-O-K-E.

I'm socially liberal, but letting criminals off the hook is not my bag. I like being able to walk downtown without fear of getting popped in the head.

Smoke pot all you want, b in a 3 way marriage, and wander around naked if you want to. The second you pull a gun, you should be lined up and shot yourself. Regardless of age.

^^the thing about firearms is that once it really gets out of control and the genie is out of the bottle it is very difficult to get a hold on it. If it gets far enough entrenched then even banning them would just cause another cartel to form for the profit in gun trafficking from the US-which of course would spawn even more gun-related violence. I think trying to ban guns in the US would be kind of like prohibition-not very successful in the long run.

Silver Member

And we know registering guns doesn't work either!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information