Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: Swiss reject anti-immigration measure

  1. #16
    Elite Member tkdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    A lot of people equate being anti-illegal with being anti-Mexican because the vast majority of illegals are Mexican, and a significant percentage of Mexicans in the US (we're talking around or possibly even more than half) are illegals. So to some people, they're one and the same.

    To people like us who can separate emotion from the issue, we know they're not the same thing. I am very much anti-illegal and I don't care where the illegals come from. I think illegals should be deported; no catch and release, which means they're ordered to appear in court and released on US soil; 2/3 of them never show up for their court dates. Geeeee, wonder why!

    We need to be hard on illegals AND the companies that employ them. They're driving this state right into the fucking toilet.
    A-fuckin'-men! Not to mention all the 'tertiary' costs associated with them, including health care. I forget where in Colorado, but the mayor of one city is sending medical bills for illegals to the Mexican government.

    A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

  2. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Bravo!

    As I noted in another post, why immigrate if you plan on living exactly as you did in your home country?
    They are economic migrants. They migrate, for the most part, because they live in an underdeveloped country and do not have the education/skills to earn a decent living.

    I think what people miss is that many of these people DO NOT WANT to be American. They don't migrate with the intention of assimilating. A large percentage of them even look down upon us (have you ever seen the surveys about how many Mexicans hate the US?) They are here for the $$$$$, period.

    They don't care if they negatively effect society. They don't care that we have a language, culture and society of our own here. It's ALL ABOUT THEM and their law breaking that is supposedly okay because they only want "a better life."

    And they have found the perfect society, ridden with political correctness, to exploit without having to make any effort to assimilate. You can go to whole neighborhoods/towns full of illegal immigrants and you would never once guess that you are in America. In fact, our own federal government stands up FOR THEM. They sued a company (Salvation Army) simply because they required their employees to speak English and a city in Washington for not having bilingual cops and other city employees to cater to all of the illegal immigrants who don't bother to learn English.

  3. #18
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    They are economic migrants. They migrate, for the most part, because they live in an underdeveloped country and do not have the education/skills to earn a decent living.

    I think what people miss is that many of these people DO NOT WANT to be American. They don't migrate with the intention of assimilating. A large percentage of them even look down upon us (have you ever seen the surveys about how many Mexicans hate the US?) They are here for the $$$$$, period.

    They don't care if they negatively effect society. They don't care that we have a language, culture and society of our own here. It's ALL ABOUT THEM and their law breaking that is supposedly okay because they only want "a better life."

    And they have found the perfect society, ridden with political correctness, to exploit without having to make any effort to assimilate. You can go to whole neighborhoods/towns full of illegal immigrants and you would never once guess that you are in America. In fact, our own federal government stands up FOR THEM. They sued a company (Salvation Army) simply because they required their employees to speak English and a city in Washington for not having bilingual cops and other city employees to cater to all of the illegal immigrants who don't bother to learn English.
    I understand your point, but most immigrants are economic immigrants....

    At the turn of the 20th century when the largest amount of immigrants came to the US, the majority were coming for economic reasons. Generally the rich and successful stay where they are rich and successful.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #19
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    A-fuckin'-men! Not to mention all the 'tertiary' costs associated with them, including health care. I forget where in Colorado, but the mayor of one city is sending medical bills for illegals to the Mexican government.
    And in the meantime we've got a city council pissing around over whether to name a street Cesar Chavez Blvd. Dallas is a hardcore sanctuary city. Property taxes in Dallas itself are outrageous...goes to pay for all that ESL the illegal kids need.

    Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    A large percentage of them even look down upon us (have you ever seen the surveys about how many Mexicans hate the US?) They are here for the $$$$$, period.

    They don't care if they negatively effect society. They don't care that we have a language, culture and society of our own here. It's ALL ABOUT THEM and their law breaking that is supposedly okay because they only want "a better life."

    And they have found the perfect society, ridden with political correctness, to exploit without having to make any effort to assimilate. You can go to whole neighborhoods/towns full of illegal immigrants and you would never once guess that you are in America. In fact, our own federal government stands up FOR THEM. They sued a company (Salvation Army) simply because they required their employees to speak English and a city in Washington for not having bilingual cops and other city employees to cater to all of the illegal immigrants who don't bother to learn English.
    Applause applause applause.

    I've noticed that some Hispanics here can be downright hostile. We've always had lots of Hispanics in Texas with a large percentage of them being foreign-born, but it's only in the last few years that this state and especially this city have just become overrun with illegals. I've noticed Hispanics being hostile and even aggressively racist recently, and this is something I barely ever saw before we were invaded by Ocampo.

    That disappoints me because it didn't used to be this way. I have always liked Latinos and appreciated their contribution to this state's culture and way of life; it wouldn't be Texas without them. However, the illegals are hostile scumbags who can fuck off back where they came from. I'm tired of their arrogance (they'll never be caught), their anti-social behavior (they're only here for the money), and the way they're bleeding the state dry. Just look at what the DISD spends teaching the teen illegals and the anchor babies English...so they can take a better-paying job away from one of us. I read in the Dallas Morning News about an illegal teen who once earned $1700 in one week. I don't make that much in a week, and I make a very good living.
    Last edited by Tati; June 12th, 2008 at 09:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: March 15th, 2008, 07:20 PM
  2. House Approves Wiretap Measure
    By HWBL in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 16th, 2006, 01:55 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 17th, 2006, 01:11 AM
  5. Men reject first date sex
    By MaryJane in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 16th, 2005, 05:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •