Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Susan G Komen ends Planned Parenthood grants

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake, this made me so furious. Of COURSE it's all politically motivated, and fucking misguided since abortions are such a small percentage of the great work that PP does, anyway. Let's throw low-income women to the wolves and incur greater health-care costs down the road for the sake of a totally ignorant principle.

An organization that's worthy of our support is Dr. Susan Love's foundation--
    Home - Army of Women. It's focused on finding the CAUSES of breast cancer so we can understand and prevent it, not just try to treat it/cure it after the fact.
    This is where we can all help. Dr Susan Love has devoted her adult life to breast cancer, breast cancer prevention, detection, treatment, and long-term survivorship.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Oh, so SGK's statement was that their decision was NOT politically motivated but because PP was under investigation, yet their VP, Karen Handel, retweets this comment:

JadeMorey Jade Morey
    Just like a pro-abortion group to turn a cancer orgs decision into a political bomb to throw. Cry me a freaking river.
    2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    Retweeted by karenhandel

https://twitter.com/#!/karenhandel
    Fuck all those dumb motherfuckers. Bet that bitch is out of a job by the end of this week.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Wow, what an idiotic statement for her to make in her position. That backlash is going to get even uglier.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

random thought: does this impact planned parenthood in Canada also? I can't seem to find anything. Was wondering if the relationship with the parent organization in the US might affect it.

*sends up the Twitchsignal*

YOUR SKILLS ARE NEEDED
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I wish I could remember Grimm, but there is a website collecting all the state and local SGK foundations who are severing from the main SGK foundation. I know Denver, Connecticut and a couple other places have issued statements that they will maintain their PP relationship and keep funding PP. This makes me happy because I will still be able to support my one friend who Walks, the one in Denver. Don't know about the one in Baltimore yet. Hopefully the Candian branches will follow suit, if they're not already separate from SGK Main.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I ask because my bf's mom is a pretty well regarded stand up Comedian and she's doing the Gilda Radner cancer benefit shortly.. she's drooling at the chance to use this in her set..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Your mom is Joan Rivers?

I signed the petition too. I bet they lose a lot of sponsorship over this (I HOPE they lose a lot of sponsorship - they deserve to). Did they really think there would be no backlash?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

the asshole pro life person on my fb is a twat. I posted the link on my FB and her remark? DEB YOU KNOW THEY DON'T DO MAMMOGRAMS AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD.

to which i responded
    Andrea they refer the patient to places if they find something suspicious. With no insurance some of these women might not catch the cancer soon enough. I am pro ANYTHING that finds or rules out cancer early

and then 'she said'
    Susan g Komen donates to this website cancernavigator.org that is supposed to give u lots of info on mammograms, screenings, financial aid, and more

and me
    Andrea, my point is that PP is NOT just about abortion. They also give out information and supplies to PREVENT pregnancy. They do exams to save womens lives. not just breast exams either.

i'd block her ass, but i'm counting on my Breast Cancer survivor friends showing up and commenting. Then i'll block her
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Just please keep up the emails & phone calls. I want that VP out on her ever so Republican ass. I am sick of the majority of us being being forced to live with their stupid decisions.

Here in Texas, women are forced to have an ultasound and some poor doctor has to describe something smaller than a bumblebee before they can get a legal abortion!
    Last edited by McJag; February 2nd, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Not surprised. I guess you can't be purely philanthropic with the best intentions for the people you're allegedly helping these days without having a political agenda that includes trying to kill a bill that would focus on a breast cancer vaccine
    Right now, they're opposing the Accelerating the End of Breast Cancer Act - a bill that will create an oversight panel to focus research funding on a streamlined agenda to create a breast cancer vaccine and to find a way to stop breast cancer metastasis.
    to prevent it in the first place - after all, what would they do with their vast amounts of spare time if it were wiped out? Their clout would be in the toilet. THAT's the priority.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

[YOUTUBE]3QPZfcYTUaA[/YOUTUBE]
    "Billions of dollars have been raised through the tireless efforts of women and men devoted to putting an end to breast cancer. Yet, breast cancer rates in North America have risen to 1 in 8. "What's going on?" asks Barbara Brenner in Pink Ribbons, Inc. a new film coming in 2012.

This feature documentary visits some of the massive fundraising runs and questions where the money goes and asks 'who really profits from pink ribbon campaigns?'. We meet women with metastatic breast cancer from the IV League support group of Austen, Texas who openly tell us their stories."

For more information: http://nfb.ca/pinkribbonsinc
    Like the NFB on Facebook: http://facebook.com/nfb.ca
    Follow the NFB on Twitter: http://twitter.com/thenfb
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I just faxed them a letter stating why I have canceled my team from the Walk For the Cure on Mother's Day in Philly. I am a breast cancer survivor and will not give them one more penny.
    I'm with you guys: I've emailed, signed the petition and will bombard their facebook. SGK is nothing but a big ol' bully anyway. they can shove their pink ribbons up their wingnut asses!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I hate that people only think of Planned Parenthood as a place to obtain an abortion. They provide a great service to young women, women without insurance, underprivileged women and even young men. Hell,if it weren't for them, I probably would have found myself faced with an unwanted pregnancy. You could get your exam every 6months for $35 dollars and packs of pills were $7 (and you could get 6 packs at a time). Hell, they had free condoms on the counter. Yes, they provide abortions, but they provide so much more.
    Amen. People are just stupid sometimes. So many of my friends in high school could get their birth control and yearly exams there when their stupid parents refused to entertain the idea that their precious children really were fucking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I hate that the main objective of these organizations have been lost in the business aspect. The idea was always to find a cure of breast cancer, not to bully and intimidate other charitable organizations.
    Again, AGREE. SGK is a fucking playground bully.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I guess I'll give my SGK money directly to PP this year.
    THIS!
    Thanks jaggie, email has been sent. And since I'm their prime target for donations (40-something football mom), perhaps they will actually take notice.

ETA: Spoke too soon, that email got bounced back to me. It was a spelling error, its Komen, not koman.
    Mine went through and I told them to kiss my ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I just sent one, too. They can go fuck themselves.
    eleventy times!
    I'm sorely tempted to create a facebook just so I can comment on their wall.
    Don't worry, I'll send them enough shit for both of us!
    I wonder how long it will take for them to reverse that decision. Jackasses. I'm really fired up about this.
    Even if they do reverse, I see where their hearts really are and I will NEVER give them another penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    SGK is taking quite a beating on their Facebook wall. They will deeply regret this.
    No more than they deserve!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Me and all my homos signed it, it's all over the gayfacebooksphere. The gays got your backs, ladies.

OH, and some redditors should put this up there.
    Good for you!
    Let's not forget to slam SGK top sponsors. They are:

1. American Airlines
    2. Bank of America
    3. Belk
    4. Caterpillar
    5. Rally for the Cure
    6. Ford
    7. General Mills
    8. New Balance
    9. Walgreens
    10. Yoplait

Also to this list I will add Energizer (I have pink ribbon batteries in my house right now. And to think, I deliberately chose those when buying batteries for Christmas. Ugh)

JINX! Now twitchy owes me a drink too.
    Noted. All those asswipes (and the one's twitch posted too) will be boycotted by ME and everyone I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I signed the petition, sent an email and left them a msg on Facebook. I donate to these bastards every year (my mil is a survivor and does the walk). Well no more.
    That's how we get the message to them - through their pockets.
    Oh, so SGK's statement was that their decision was NOT politically motivated but because PP was under investigation, yet their VP, Karen Handel, retweets this comment:

Fuck all those dumb motherfuckers. Bet that bitch is out of a job by the end of this week.
    The sooner the bitch is unemployed, the better. But she's done irreparable harm to SGK - which is also good.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Their FB page has tons of scathing comments, including mine

Stealing this awesome comment from their FB page:

You can donate as little as $5. to Planned Parenthood and they will send a thank you note to the person you wish to honor with your donation.

That’s pretty cool, because you can choose to honor:

Karen Handel
    Senior VP of Fail
    c/o Susan G. Komen Foundation
    P.O. Box 650309
    Dallas, TX 75265-0309
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information