Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Susan G Komen ends Planned Parenthood grants

https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPa...and_0212_c3_fb

A supporter sent this to Planned Parenthood. We couldn't have said it better. If you agree, sign on:
    This is for all the anti-choice, anti-women people out there.

Listen up.

You can spend every minute of every day trying to force the rest of us to live by your ideology. You can go after federal funds for health care and pressure private organizations like the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation to stop funding breast cancer screenings for poor women. You can try to make it impossible to get birth control.

But you know what you can't do? You can't win. You can't break us. Planned Parenthood isn't just a family of organizations. It's a movement. It's women and men of all ages who believe that health care — including reproductive health care — is a basic human right. We are millions strong. We are everywhere. We act, we give, and we do whatever it takes to make sure that Planned Parenthood is there for the women, men, and teens who rely on them.

Know this: When you go after Planned Parenthood and the people they serve, you go after ME. I stand with Planned Parenthood. I stand with them against anyone who wants to stop women from receiving the health care they need. I stand with them today, tomorrow, and for as long as I need to.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I signed that petition.

At the end of the day, PP is going to get boatloads of charity money from other sources and SBK won't get a dime. Karma will be quick on this foolishness.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i have a dumbshit bitch on my FB who is so anti-PP because and only because of their abortion status. I can't wait til she starts spewing about this. I'll delete her but i gotta kick her first.
    My Baptist minister cousin and his super religious wife are plastering my news feed with shit about how they are supporting this decision. I don't know whether to unleash my anger at them or put them on ignore.

Planned Parenthood will definitely be getting a big donation from me shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    My Baptist minister cousin and his super religious wife are plastering my news feed with shit about how they are supporting this decision. I don't know whether to unleash my anger at them or put them on ignore.

Planned Parenthood will definitely be getting a big donation from me shortly.
    Start plastering your page in support of PP...that is what I am doing. Why do they get to voice their opinions but you can't?
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Me and all my homos signed it, it's all over the gayfacebooksphere. The gays got your backs, ladies.

OH, and some redditors should put this up there.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Awww, sometimes you're so sweet Grimm. Don't worry, I'll never mention it again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

.. just don't like it when people fuck with my bitches...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Petition signed. Susan G Komen hasn't been about women for a long time.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    https://secure.ppaction.org/site/SPa...and_0212_c3_fb

A supporter sent this to Planned Parenthood. We couldn't have said it better. If you agree, sign on:
    This is for all the anti-choice, anti-women people out there.

Listen up.

You can spend every minute of every day trying to force the rest of us to live by your ideology. You can go after federal funds for health care and pressure private organizations like the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation to stop funding breast cancer screenings for poor women. You can try to make it impossible to get birth control.

But you know what you can't do? You can't win. You can't break us. Planned Parenthood isn't just a family of organizations. It's a movement. It's women and men of all ages who believe that health care — including reproductive health care — is a basic human right. We are millions strong. We are everywhere. We act, we give, and we do whatever it takes to make sure that Planned Parenthood is there for the women, men, and teens who rely on them.

Know this: When you go after Planned Parenthood and the people they serve, you go after ME. I stand with Planned Parenthood. I stand with them against anyone who wants to stop women from receiving the health care they need. I stand with them today, tomorrow, and for as long as I need to.
    I signed it.
    I hope they lose all their funding for pulling this kind of BS .

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I hate that people only think of Planned Parenthood as a place to obtain an abortion. They provide a great service to young women, women without insurance, underprivileged women and even young men. Hell,if it weren't for them, I probably would have found myself faced with an unwanted pregnancy. You could get your exam every 6months for $35 dollars and packs of pills were $7 (and you could get 6 packs at a time). Hell, they had free condoms on the counter. Yes, they provide abortions, but they provide so much more.
    THIS x Infinity.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

By all means sign the petition, but don't stop there!

email at news@komen.org (now corrected, thanks, Greys!)

Call at 1-877-465-6636

Just do it! We need to overwhelm them with comments. There are other groups that need to see for once and for all there are many more people supporting womens rights that they ever dreamed of. Enough of a few thousand screaming anti women getting all the attention. We can stay quiet no longer. Please!!

And Grimm, thank you, you big teddy bear. And thank all your rainbow band of warriors.

NBC Nightly New is covering this right now!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Send their partners mail too.

Corporate Partners

Susan G. Komen for the Cure is dedicated to setting new standards for creative collaboration in the fight against breast cancer.
    Our corporate partners provide us with the opportunity to reach people where they live, work, and play. In addition to a financial contribution, each of these organizations have found a unique way to get their customers and employees involved in raising awareness and hope that we will one-day find the cures. We thank them for their commitment to the fight to end breast cancer.

"If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Some more fun information:

What can make the politics of Komen for the Cure's Planned Parenthood decision look worse? Have a scandal-plagued, right-wing senator take credit for the decision.

Associated Press
    Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) ... lauded Komen's action, saying: "This is a welcome, long-overdue decision that will make Komen more effective in the fight against breast cancer, which is why I wrote a letter to Komen's founder and CEO last May urging her to take this step." [...]

Vitter had sent a letter to Komen founder and CEO Nancy Brinker urging her to end Komen's association with Planned Parenthood and give the grant money directly to mammogram providers.

Vitter is perhaps best known for running as a "family values" conservative who was later caught hiring prostitutes.

The senator's boasts notwithstanding, Komen's decision has caused quite an uproar. Planned Parenthood's supporters have responded by contributing $400,000 to the health organization in just one day. (By some estimates, that figure is even higher.) That doesn't make up for the loss of $700,000 in grants, but after one day, it's close.

Even one of Komen's own affiliates is outraged.

The Connecticut affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure said in a statement on Wednesday that it "shares" people's frustration over the decision and that it will continue funding Planned Parenthood of New England.

"The decision regarding the funding of Planned Parenthood was made by Susan G. Komen for the Cure National Headquarters," the group posted on its Facebook wall. "Susan G. Komen for the Cure Connecticut enjoys a great partnership with Planned Parenthood, and is currently funding Planned Parenthood of Southern New England. We understand, and share, in the frustration around this situation."

On Capitol Hill, Vitter is obviously pleased, but champions of women's health are not. "I have been a big booster of the Susan G. Komen organization," Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) said on the House floor, "but not anymore."

The Economist added that yesterday's decision "might cost Susan G. Komen more than it does Planned Parenthood."

The Maddow Blog - Vitter boasts about Komen move

Let's not forget to slam SGK top sponsors. They are:

1. American Airlines
    2. Bank of America
    3. Belk
    4. Caterpillar
    5. Rally for the Cure
    6. Ford
    7. General Mills
    8. New Balance
    9. Walgreens
    10. Yoplait

Also to this list I will add Energizer (I have pink ribbon batteries in my house right now. And to think, I deliberately chose those when buying batteries for Christmas. Ugh)

JINX! Now twitchy owes me a drink too.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I signed the petition, sent an email and left them a msg on Facebook. I donate to these bastards every year (my mil is a survivor and does the walk). Well no more.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information