Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So we spend billions of dollars to throw puppies over cliffs in Iraq?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Already posted here...

So we spend billions of dollars to throw puppies over cliffs in Iraq?

And yea we're supposed to be outraged for humans instead of animals...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Still pondering sending the letter I wrote..to the ASSHOLE.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

And yea we're supposed to be outraged for humans instead of animals...
    Well, thanks for telling me how I'm supposed to feel. Your comment (instead of animals) is saying that we aren't supposed to be outraged for animals. Well, who else will? They can't be outraged for themselves (except maybe that zoo Tiger tatiana, and look what happened to her).

I am not saying it isn't abhorrent when kids get hurt or killed. I'm just saying that we do not need that to be the baseline against which we compare all other tragedies and acts of cruelty. A plane crashed over the Everglades killing 200 passengers......thank God none of them were children or that would be a real tragedy!

It reminds me of how some idiots were defending Mike Vick by saying it was only dogs getting tortured and killed. I guess since it wasn't kids he was electrocuting and drowning we should have all been a little less angry. Bullshit.

Yeah I've seen the video and it's just outrageous of how a select few in the military act like cruel psycho killers. If they can do this to poor defenseless animals, imagine what they do to unarmed civillians. This is why we need to do mental evaulations in the military, but because people know that this war is BS, they (the military) lets any dude off the street to enlist.

Sad all around.

^^There is a double post of this story, Mr.

Back when we had the draft they weeded out those of questionable integrity. Now with an all volunteer service they pretty much take whatever they can get. All branches have had to lower their goals for new recruits. Often it is people who do not want to go to college and are unsure of what they should be doing with their lives. Then there are those who say "I want to go kill all those terrorist" without realizing who the eneny actually is.

Well it's a bit different when i actually SEE the dog getting shot, vs. reading reports of Iraqi's being burned alive with phosphorous. Has a little more impact.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

crumpet, I was using sarcasm. There is nothing wrong with feeling for the helpless animals who can't defend themselves IMO but some people believe otherwise.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

^^Wow, crumpet I AGREE with everything you are saying. In fact, I've said it myself. This one time, I made an exception. because of where the incident took place. I still believe that what happened was wrong, however.

I believe that humans have a duty to treat animals kindly and there is plenty or room for kindness toward people AND animals. In fact, one often leads to the other. I've recommended this incredible book several times here at GR, but here goes again: Dominion: The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy by Matthew Scully. It is beautifully written and expresses what I feel far better than I ever could. Don't let the fact that the author is a former Nixon speechwriter throw you off.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

crumpet, I was using sarcasm. There is nothing wrong with feeling for the helpless animals who can't defend themselves IMO but some people believe otherwise I appreciate that and I know lots of us here feel the same way.

The whole 'at least it wasn't a .......' thing people always bring up still seems ridiculous though. i know all about trying to look for the bright spot, but sometimes things just suck. Period.

It would be like saying that 3,000 people died on 9/11 but at least it wasn't 4,000.

One can only hope for a roadside bomb for this asshole. I couldn't care less if he ends up in a body bag on his way home to mommy and daddy. This man is a sick, twisted piece of shit.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    One can only hope for a roadside bomb for this asshole. I couldn't care less if he ends up in a body bag on his way home to mommy and daddy. This man is a sick, twisted piece of shit.
    Agreed. This guy is a monster...who knows what else he is capable of. I felt sick after reading this in the news.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    This is why military people, or anyone else, does not get my respect without earning it. I respect people, not their jobs.

Sick bastard.
    There are around 200,000 Marines serving the United States, and many more veteran Marines. My fiance served in the USMC and believe me, this is nowhere NEAR typical. His father, also a Marine...not a psycho! His brother-in-law, ex-Navy....not a psycho! Most of the men I work with are either ex-USAF or ex-Army...not a psycho bastard in the bunch. You get the idea.

Anyone who volunteers to put their life on the line for the rest of us gets my automatic respect. I'm the opposite of you I guess; they (members of the military) have to do something to LOSE mine.

People who hurt animals aren't good people ; they should get the same punishments as someone who hurts human beings. Its the same thing. I wont have any of this 'Animals aren't as valuable as humans' nonsense. I say we throw him off a cliff.

Well for one they aren't putting their lives on the line IN IRAQ for anybody back here. They're putting their lives on the line for lies and greed.

Just wanted to make that bit clear.

Fighting Nazis? Definitely. This? No.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information