Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russia just sent war ships to Venezuela

Hit By Ban Bus!

Time to get to know your local bus driver! Seriously folks, we won't die if we can't drive. We will just have to adjust our lifestyles somewhat drastically but it's been done before.

I admit it's scary, but folks Russian warships off the coast of Venezuela is no more an act of war than US warships off the coast of Iran. Oops. Maybe Russia thinks the US will pull it's usual bullshit and try to take Venezuela's oil. There is precedent for that sort of thing.

And Alabama got home just fine, after whupping some Bulldog ass. Roll Tide!

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    I realize it. What can I do about it, though? Take the bus? Only if I want a 2-hour commute each way. It's not feasible. We need our cars, our cities are built for them. We just need to figure out another way to run them.
    I'm not just talking about a few Americans, I mean the country as a whole, including the government. And nobody's saying people should stop driving. We need to start coming up with cars that can run on alternative sources of fuel. But that's not going to happen as long as the oil companies keep a grip on Washington and the auto industry.

If alternative fuel sources were found, the oil based aggression would diminish.

There are other alternatives. Does no one remember the steam engine? Granted, in its prior incarnation, it was not a viable solution, but there is enough technology to change It was in the late nineties the rumbling of an engine which ran on hydrogen pulled from water began. What happened? Maybe the oil companies didn't want that little creation becoming mainstream.

There are other solutions. The oil companies just don't want us to know about them. They would lose their hold on the purse strings.

entire communities will have to be centralized and designed for shorter commutes.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Telecommuting. People don't have to drive all the way into work just to surf the net all day. We all know who we are...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    If alternative fuel sources were found, the oil based aggression would diminish.

There are other alternatives. Does no one remember the steam engine? Granted, in its prior incarnation, it was not a viable solution, but there is enough technology to change It was in the late nineties the rumbling of an engine which ran on hydrogen pulled from water began. What happened? Maybe the oil companies didn't want that little creation becoming mainstream.

There are other solutions. The oil companies just don't want us to know about them. They would lose their hold on the purse strings.
    Steam engines need something combustible to raise the temperature of the water to make steam. That something combustible is usually a fossil fuel, i.e. coal. Even if it was wood it wouldn't be practical.

As for hydrogen...I haven't heard anything about it in a while. The problem is generating hydrogen efficiently, plus we don't have the infrastructure to store it or move it safely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information