Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Real agenda: Canadian conservative makes anti-gay remarks. Shock.

Default Re: Real agenda: Canadian conservative makes anti-gay remarks. Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    Two words: Brian Mulroney.

One word: GST.

Three words: On the Take.

Eight words: Stephen Harper is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Stephen Harper is in the pocket of the most right-wing elements of the Reform Party, which is the power in the so-called Conservative Party.

Martin sucks, but Harper is far, far scarier. He has spoken to a number of ultra right-wing organizations in the U.S. and Canada and he talks a very different game than he does to the Canadian public. It's all there on Google if you care to look and listen.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    Two words: Brian Mulroney.

One word: GST.

Three words: On the Take.

Eight words: Stephen Harper is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Stephen Harper is in the pocket of the most right-wing elements of the Reform Party, which is the power in the so-called Conservative Party.

Martin sucks, but Harper is far, far scarier. He has spoken to a number of ultra right-wing organizations in the U.S. and Canada and he talks a very different game than he does to the Canadian public. It's all there on Google if you care to look and listen.

oooh...that adds up to FOURTEEN words....

And, what I think is funny is you are so PRO Liberal, yet I am not pro any party at all...just realize that what has been the norm for the last while isn't working. I'm not here advocating Conservatives and yet you keep attacking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko
    Thanks, Grimmlok...woudn't expect anything else from an easterner. So typical. I'd like to invite you to go read a few history books as well...with your EYES open this time. And, btw, I never said I WAS VOTING CONSERVATIVE...just asked why you would think keeping the Liberals in would be a good idea.
    I feel the exact same way as Grim, and I'm almost as far West as you can get. I wish people would stop separating the country in East vs West all the time. We're Canada, not "Eastern Canada" and "Western Canada". Stop acting like we're two different countries.
    Last edited by ohmygoodness; January 15th, 2006 at 01:49 AM.

I am not pro-Liberal AT ALL. I usually vote ND. But as the Liberal candidate has a strong chance of being elected in the riding I live in -- which has been Conservative since Christ was an altar boy -- I will be voting for them. I have never voted strategically before, but I will this time to keep the Conservatives out. The Liberal vote will be split between the ND and the Greens, which cost the Liberal candidate, who was very close, his seat the last time. Then after all that, John Reynolds, who'd ruled this riding with his corrupt cadre of thugs for decades, resigned.

For someone who's not advocating for the Conservative Party, you're doing a pretty good imitation. I'm voting for the lesser of two evils -- that's hardly an endorsement of the Liberal party, which needs a thorough shakeup and some young blood.

I don't care how you or anyone else votes. But if you vote Conservative, don't start crying when what little Medicare and social programs we have left get taken away. People have very short memories in my experience, and I've covered several campaigns.

People who get sucked in by short-term promises tend not to learn from history. The Liberals wheel and deal; the "Conservatives" in this new party are hard-core ideologues for the most part whose hidden agenda includes social and religious policies the majority of Canadians don't want.

And yeah, I can count, too. That was the whole point.
    Last edited by pacific breeze; January 15th, 2006 at 03:02 AM.

I'm not here advocating Conservatives and yet you keep attacking them.
    Let me get this straight: By using the 'east vs. west' nonsense that the Conservative party and their followers toss around, by claiming that any negative mention of the past or present actions by said conservatives makes me typical of my geographic region (which also intimates an outright rejection of Conservative ideals and policies ) and by saying I need to open my eyes up to said conervative platform (where i supposedly hadn't before?) you are actually advocating that you aren't pro-conservative?

You haven't actually refuted any of the things we've mentioned, you just keep saying "look at it with open eyes". I'm sorry, having lived in the province housing the seat of poiwer, not to mention growing up in the city that houses the seat of power for this whole country, I've seen what Conservative policies do.

Next time you're in a riot at Queens Park, or nearby when someone drives their SUV up into the doors of Parliament Hill you can talk.

P.s. Your nephew, the one voting conservative, is voting for a party that wants him to be a second class citizen. He's voting for discrimmination, the same way someone would have voted for segregation back in the 20's. He needs to wake the fuck up.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Let me get this straight: By using the 'east vs. west' nonsense that the Conservative party and their followers toss around, by claiming that any negative mention of the past or present actions by said conservatives makes me typical of my geographic region (which also intimates an outright rejection of Conservative ideals and policies ) and by saying I need to open my eyes up to said conervative platform (where i supposedly hadn't before?) you are actually advocating that you aren't pro-conservative?

You haven't actually refuted any of the things we've mentioned, you just keep saying "look at it with open eyes". I'm sorry, having lived in the province housing the seat of poiwer, not to mention growing up in the city that houses the seat of power for this whole country, I've seen what Conservative policies do.

Next time you're in a riot at Queens Park, or nearby when someone drives their SUV up into the doors of Parliament Hill you can talk.

P.s. Your nephew, the one voting conservative, is voting for a party that wants him to be a second class citizen. He's voting for discrimmination, the same way someone would have voted for segregation back in the 20's. He needs to wake the fuck up.
    You are being presumptuous. I have in fact lived in Toronto, Kingston, Calgary as well as Vancouver among other places.

And, would my nephew be the "fag" you mentioned in a different thread? Tsk, tsk...

Yeah, he'd be the traitorous fag thats making the job of getting equal rights harder for the rest of us fags.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Okay guys I understand that Canadian politics can get just as heated as US politics, but please don't bring up personal attacks or points, Just stick with the subject. Thankyouverymuch.

SVZ

There's absolutely no self respect or any sense of integrity in politics now. Just look at those shitty commercials they run on television, it's the same calibre of insults in high schools.

I almost expect Kelso from that 70's show to pop up after a political commercial and go, "OHHH BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!"

I'm allowed to say fag, I'm a fag

Faggity fag fag fag!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ
    I almost expect Kelso from that 70's show to pop up after a political commercial and go, "OHHH BUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRN!!!!!"
    That might get some young ppl voting!! They should totally do that for some comedic effect.

I kinda wish you guys started discussing this whole thing in my thread about the election... (ok, I'm being a bitter jealous fattie )

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

don't be bitter, have another twinkie...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    I'm allowed to say fag, I'm a fag

Faggity fag fag fag!

I'm bi so I only have half that right.

Heh but seriously, if the Conservative canadiate in Canada is makin homophobic remarks, then I don't see why people are supporting him at all, espeically in a country as open-minded as Canada.

Because people are stupid.

That's usually the answer for everything.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information