Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Racist bitch in Canada demands a white doctor

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    How the hell does a doctor, of all people, have brown teeth??
    All docs know to brush their teeth................. right??

How the hell does she come up with brown teeth ??!
    I wondered that as well. I've seen doctors all over the world, but never one with brown teeth. It sounds like a major exaggeration - like maybe he had a some dental work that didn't blend in or something. Or he was emulating Johnny Depp.
    Janus likes this.

This reminds me of the MASH episode where a bigoted patient needed a blood transfusion but didn't want "the wrong color" blood. Hawkeye puts brown color on him so when he wakes up, he thinks he's black because of the blood he was given.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    This reminds me of the MASH episode where a bigoted patient needed a blood transfusion but didn't want "the wrong color" blood. Hawkeye puts brown color on him so when he wakes up, he thinks he's black because of the blood he was given.
    Hawkeye appeals to my inner seven-year-old boy.
    maryk and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

I do some occasional work with USMLE (medical board exam) review courses, and many (most?) of the students are international medical grads, a not unsubstantial number of whom have practiced for years in their home country. They are required to be fluent in English to pass the exams (granted, "fluent" doesn't necessarily mean really really good at it) and they are also required to know the social and medical culture in the US, so it's not like bush doctors just plop into the US and start practicing medicine.

That said, one girl actually asked "what does the liver do?" And I wish to god I had made a note of her name in case I ever ran into her in a hospital so I could go the other way. Even if it was a language barrier, whoa.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've seen more of hospitals and doctors over the last few years than I ever wanted to and the worst experiences I've had have been from white doctors.

Big things like the one who told me that the meds they were prescribing for mild anxiety were non-addictive, had almost no side effects and would greatly ease my anxiety. It was Seroxat and it nearly destroyed me. Smaller things like not listening to me when I'm trying to tell them that they won't be able to get an IV line in at the elbow as I have shitty veins and they'll need to put it in my wrist or hand instead. "I've done this hundreds of times and I know what I'm doing" she declared in a lofty, indignant voice. After much slapping of my arm and stabbing at the vein she put it in at the wrist and I went home with my arm in a sling and bruised black from a couple of inches above my wrist to a couple of inches below my shoulder. Or the one (female) who told me that I should learn to be more 'in sync' with my body and properly educate myself about how it functions when I first started having erratic periods (which has since lead to 18 months of scans, procedures and hospital visits after another doctor took me seriously and got me a referral).

Doctors are human and humans can be good, caring and empathic or irritating, cocksure bastards. Putting a white coat on them doesn't change that.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I do some occasional work with USMLE (medical board exam) review courses, and many (most?) of the students are international medical grads, a not unsubstantial number of whom have practiced for years in their home country. They are required to be fluent in English to pass the exams (granted, "fluent" doesn't necessarily mean really really good at it) and they are also required to know the social and medical culture in the US, so it's not like bush doctors just plop into the US and start practicing medicine.

That said, one girl actually asked "what does the liver do?" And I wish to god I had made a note of her name in case I ever ran into her in a hospital so I could go the other way. Even if it was a language barrier, whoa.
    I work in a med school and am an administrator in a CSC, where we do mock Step 2CS testing. By and large the Caribbean students we test do VERY poorly on the interpersonal skills portion of the exam and most are American or Canadian born.

There's a large stigma against the Caribbean graduates but they work super hard with GME and such to license in the US.
    stella blue likes this.

In this day and age...my eyes were opened up to racism in Canada when I visited the Black Cultural Center in Halifax while on a Maritime Province cruise. It is marginally better up there for blacks, but not much. It definitely changed my view of Canada as a liberal winter paradise.

we had a similar incident in Philly a few years ago when a man brought his pregnant wife to a hospital in the suburbs. Her water had broken and she was ready to drop. The husband specifically asked that "no black hospital staff be allowed near his wife" during her stay...it was appalling. I forget what happened afterwards.

I was watching a documentary on the civil rights movement, when a black woman, a private nurse, was physically thrown out of a house by a white man who said he didn't want n____rs touching his wife, who was gravely ill. It was down South during the most intense days of the movement. He threw the woman out on the steps. She was hurt, but she left and got a job at the hospital nearby. A few months later, while she was on duty, don't you know this man came up to her and apologized? Because he said that he had tried to find a white nurse, but none were available. So he attempted to take care of his wife himself - and my gurl ended up DYING!!! He was crying when he told the nurse this. And sister just looked at him, shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Basically, he killed his wife because he was an asshole racist.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

^ Wow. Some people are just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    In this day and age...my eyes were opened up to racism in Canada when I visited the Black Cultural Center in Halifax while on a Maritime Province cruise. It is marginally better up there for blacks, but not much. It definitely changed my view of Canada as a liberal winter paradise.

we had a similar incident in Philly a few years ago when a man brought his pregnant wife to a hospital in the suburbs. Her water had broken and she was ready to drop. The husband specifically asked that "no black hospital staff be allowed near his wife" during her stay...it was appalling. I forget what happened afterwards.

I was watching a documentary on the civil rights movement, when a black woman, a private nurse, was physically thrown out of a house by a white man who said he didn't want n____rs touching his wife, who was gravely ill. It was down South during the most intense days of the movement. He threw the woman out on the steps. She was hurt, but she left and got a job at the hospital nearby. A few months later, while she was on duty, don't you know this man came up to her and apologized? Because he said that he had tried to find a white nurse, but none were available. So he attempted to take care of his wife himself - and my gurl ended up DYING!!! He was crying when he told the nurse this. And sister just looked at him, shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Basically, he killed his wife because he was an asshole racist.

Growing up, the only racism I knew of is when I was bullied for being deaf/hoh. Then high school hit.
    All thru school, one of my cloest best friends was a black male.
    At 15, he was at my house visiting. He and I had been outside in the sun chatting it up half the day and then I went inside.
    My dad comes up to me and casually says "You'd never see a robin with a crow"
    Took me a second then I realized... holy fuk my dad is racist! I proceed to "debate" with him for HOURS ! Even my mom felt the same as him and get this.. her best friend is married to a black man! I was .. ugh... I don't even have the words. Well, I stood by my friend even after he changed schools.

Fast forward to the year I was graduating.
    Mom was dying of cancer. Dad stayed in the dark so to speak so I had take care of the house and to get groceries. I listed my buddy to help drive me and carry the bags home. He visited my mom who was laid up on the bed we put in the living room and ended up staying up all night talking with her.
    The next morning mom says to me " I talked with him. He opened my eyes. If you ever want to marry him or any other black man, you have my blessing"
    Dad in the other hand held onto his opinions but knew damn well he cant tell me what to do. lol

This said, I think it's a generational and individual thing up here when it comes to racism. We're a young country with alot of people stuck in the stone age. Give us time.
    I do apologize for your experience here.
    Trust me.. had you been here with me and my buddies, you would have had a rockin time

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell does a doc have brown teeth.
    BITTER and Wisher like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    "Can I please see a doctor that's white - that doesn't have brown teeth, that speaks English". She repeated this 5 times during the video. LOL.

In 2011 I went to see a doctor because I had mental health issues and some "women's issues", and I had the misfortune (so I found out later) that the doctor I saw had just come over (a couple of months earlier) from India. He treated me like shit and minimized my mental health problems, so I spent another 4 years trying to "deal with it myself" and "stop being lazy" like he demanded of me. I bought his bullshit and thought it was a simple problem and I was somehow deficient because I couldn't "get on with it" like everyone else.

Turns out after a mental breakdown, a stay in a mental institution and 4 years later, I did go and see a white male GP who informed me that I actually had Posttraumatic Stress all those years (2008-2015) and that Indian doctor I saw was full of shit with what he said. Through some research I discovered that mental health issues and (to a lesser extent) women's health issues are not considered important issues in certain countries. So the fact that this guy was qualified, still didn't mean he was qualified to practice unmonitored in a western country, because he still had with him the cultural differences from where he grew up.

So now, I'm a very wary of seeing Indian doctors, but that is from my own past experience with this one idiot I had the misfortune of seeing. I know it's not right, and I am trying to change my view on this, and I am ever conscious of not trying to offend people when requesting medical assistance.

However this lady is a completely different story and is just dialed up to 11, holy shit!

(sorry for the boring anecdote, just what I was thinking about when watching this).
    anecdotal experience based on one doctor doesn't mean anything. my paediatrician for the first 11 years of my life was indian. this was in canada. he was an amazing doctor and had very modern views on women and girls, despite the stereotype about women and girls in india.
    my doctor from age 11 to 20 was an ancient austrian woman who had lived through the war and at almost 40 divorced her husband and went to med school and became a paediatrician. despite being super old, she was more modern and progressive in her views than most of the white male doctors or younger female doctors i've been to since.

age and ethnicity don't mean anything per se. individual experiences with doctors vary a lot and women in particular face challenges when dealing with male doctors of any ethnicity but that's due to sexism more than anything else. it's a well known phenomenon and if you do your research you'll find that it's a fairly universal experience for women everywhere, regardless of their male doctor's ethnicity. many women complain about their experiences with white male doctors, who belittle them, don't take them seriously and are condescending, especially when it comes to mental health issues or reproductive health. the fact that it was a white male doctor who diagnosed your PTSD doesn't mean anything, it's just as likely that a white male doctor would have dismissed your mental health concerns in the first place. the common factor is that they're all male and women's health issues have been overlooked and under-researched forever because misogyny.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I bet the kid's chest pain is due to the stress of having that hag for a mother.
    I bet it's Toronto! She got banned from GR so she went on a tirade to show how loved Trump is in Canada.

Janus likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Growing up, the only racism I knew of is when I was bullied for being deaf/hoh. Then high school hit.
    At 15, he was at my house visiting. He and I had been outside in the sun chatting it up half the day and then I went inside.
    Took me a second then I realized... holy fuk my dad is racist! I proceed to "debate" with him for HOURS ! Even my mom felt the same as him and get this.. her best friend is married to a black man! I was .. ugh... I don't even have the words. Well, I stood by my friend even after he changed schools.

Mom was dying of cancer. Dad stayed in the dark so to speak so I had take care of the house and to get groceries. I listed my buddy to help drive me and carry the bags home. He visited my mom who was laid up on the bed we put in the living room and ended up staying up all night talking with her.
    The next morning mom says to me " I talked with him. He opened my eyes. If you ever want to marry him or any other black man, you have my blessing"
    Dad in the other hand held onto his opinions but knew damn well he cant tell me what to do. lol

This said, I think it's a generational and individual thing up here when it comes to racism. We're a young country with alot of people stuck in the stone age. Give us time.
    Trust me.. had you been here with me and my buddies, you would have had a rockin time

Wow. Intense story.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I've seen more of hospitals and doctors over the last few years than I ever wanted to and the worst experiences I've had have been from white doctors.

Big things like the one who told me that the meds they were prescribing for mild anxiety were non-addictive, had almost no side effects and would greatly ease my anxiety. It was Seroxat and it nearly destroyed me. Smaller things like not listening to me when I'm trying to tell them that they won't be able to get an IV line in at the elbow as I have shitty veins and they'll need to put it in my wrist or hand instead. "I've done this hundreds of times and I know what I'm doing" she declared in a lofty, indignant voice. After much slapping of my arm and stabbing at the vein she put it in at the wrist and I went home with my arm in a sling and bruised black from a couple of inches above my wrist to a couple of inches below my shoulder. Or the one (female) who told me that I should learn to be more 'in sync' with my body and properly educate myself about how it functions when I first started having erratic periods (which has since lead to 18 months of scans, procedures and hospital visits after another doctor took me seriously and got me a referral).

Doctors are human and humans can be good, caring and empathic or irritating, cocksure bastards. Putting a white coat on them doesn't change that.
    Boy isn't that the truth!

My sister went through something similar. This was when we lived in Nova Scotia. Sad to say all black people lived in their own area of town (no idea why, this was late 70s) but went to the same school as everyone else. My sister was 'dating' a fellow and when Dad found out her took her aside and told her it's not a good idea. Said he was afraid for her and that she was too young anyway, she was newly turned 13.

Years later he said he didn't care that the guy was black but was concerned about her and what could happen to her. In his defense we had only newly moved there and thought she was too young to be dating and didn't think she'd handle dating in a mixed relationship. I believed him as my folks were the first to support gay people. And argued against others that just because you're gay doesn't make you a pedophile. Some show had a discussion on this and they were outraged that people thought this way. Sad as some actually still do.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

Elite Member

Growing up somewhere that doesn't have fluoride in the water supply can do it.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information