Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about abortion

^^ I agree..it annoys me that people try to make you feel obligated to have a child. Some women do not want any, and it does not make them a bad person. You abort you are labeled a baby killer, put the kid up for adoption you are nut, do not want any children you are a freak.

Bronze Member

The day that these people who are so gung ho about being pro life start adopting neglected and unwanted children
    You're presuming that none of us do not adopt when actually some of us do adopt.

yeah, like 1%. Maybe.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Can you cite where you got those percentages from?

A guestimate, given how many insane, rabid anti-choicers are out there vs. the adoption rates in the continental US.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    A guestimate, given how many insane, rabid anti-choicers are out there vs. the adoption rates in the continental US.
    I don't think the guestimate is quite fair. Those who are against abortion shouldn't automatically be lumped into the category of being insane, crazy, (there are a significant amount of them who are foster parents) etc. and those who are for abortion shouldn't be called babykillers either.

Yeah, taking reproductive freedom away from an entire gender makes you fucking crazy in my book.

Don't want an abortion, don't have one, but you don't call the shots for anybody else.

Bronze Member

Yeah, taking reproductive freedom away from an entire gender makes you fucking crazy in my book.
    Please elaborate. Exactly how are they doing this?

Supporting and/or belonging to, financial or otherwise, groups/organizations/political parties that would restrict reproductive rights.

I figured that was patently obvious.

Bronze Member

Supporting and/or belonging to, financial or otherwise, groups/organizations/political parties that would restrict reproductive rights.

I figured that was patently obvious.
    So, if you had an unplanned pregnancy and someone was willing to raise that child for you, would you consider it? Or still go for the abortion?

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by NaomiK View Post
    So, if you had an unplanned pregnancy and someone was willing to raise that child for you, would you consider it? Or still go for the abortion?
    Since he's a man I'll answer that:

If I had an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy, I would not continue the pregnancy and put myself through all that just so some unchilded/infertile person could adopt from me. I'm not going through all that for a child I don't want and won't keep.

But that's just me. I don't owe it to anyone to allow my body to be used as an incubator.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

That might be pretty hard, considering I don't have a uterus.

However, it would be up to the pregnant woman to decide, not me or anybody else.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Since he's a man I'll answer that:

If I had an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy, I would not continue the pregnancy and put myself through all that just so some unchilded/infertile person could adopt from me. I'm not going through all that for a child I don't want and won't keep.

But that's just me. I don't owe it to anyone to allow my body to be used as an incubator.
    Someone else will want it and keep it, say if it were a trusted family member or friend? You still wouldn't carry on with the pregnancy? That says a lot.

I asked this question because many of those who are FOR abortion often use the argument that "no one is going to raise the baby"..well what if someone was going to raise and nurture it? I guess the answer is still the same. I guess it's more about control than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by NaomiK View Post
    Someone else will want it and keep it, say if it were a trusted family member or friend? You still wouldn't carry on with the pregnancy? That says a lot.

Really? And what does it say

Quote Originally Posted by Naomik View Post
    I asked this question because many of those who are FOR abortion often use the argument that "no one is going to raise the baby"..well what if someone was going to raise and nurture it? I guess the answer is still the same. I guess it's more about control than anything else.
    It's not an argument I've heard very often. And get one thing straight...we aren't FOR abortion. We are FOR choice.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It says a lot? It says you don't want to be a freaking incubator and go through the painful birthing process where any number of things could go wrong, even potential death. That's called choice.

..and yes, it is about control after a fashion.. control of your own reproductive process without interference from others.

Now I'm expecting the usual "if you don't want to get pregnant, don't open your legs" argument, at which point i'll fucking laugh.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information