Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about abortion

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    have sex. get pregnant, aids, herpes, genital warts, or just get off. it's a gamble. if you can't handle the consequences, then don't play the game.

FREE WILL. you choose what game you want to play at.
    Fine. Then you are fully willing to assume responsibility for all the babies of drug addicts, the mentally ill or retarded or just plain poor, who didn't use birth control.

Because I'm not.

When the anti-abortion folk (like those Duggars) start adopting the children of the deranged and drugged by the bus load, I'll take their stand on abortion seriously.

Funny thing, they never do.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    hey, humans are NOT animals. we can control our sex drives. just because something is NORMAL (sex drive) does not mean that we are not responsible for its' outcome (pregnancy). you can have sexual release (ie, ORGASM) without creating a baby.
    Yes, we are humans. We have the ability to prevent a pregnancy if we want and enjoy a normal, healthy safe sex life with our partner.

Being responsible means 1) you do your best to prevent pregnancy, ie: protection and 2) you deal with the result if those responsible precautions fail. How you deal with the result is YOUR OWN CHOICE. It's not up to anybody else to tell you how to deal with it.

Being a responsible adult means you avail yourself of protections, preventions AND solutions should those actions fail.

life is full of risks. if you aren't prepared to handle the consequence, then don't play the game.
    I'm sorry, what part of RESPONSIBLE PRECAUTIONS and RESPONSIBLE SOLUTIONS involving a healthy sex life are you not grasping? Using protection and being responsible with your sex life IS handling consequences.

It's just not handling them how YOU think they should be handled, and fvrankly nobody gives a fuck what YOU think about THEIR sex life. it isn't YOUR sex life, it's THEIRS. Go mind your own sex life.

example:
    go out on a dinner date. order and split a bottle of wine. drive home, get hit by an irresponsible driver, BUT you are the one who is "legally" drunk, even though the accident wasn't you fault. DUI. oops, pay thousands of dollars in legal fees, suspended license, etc.
    Responsible night out: Split a bottle of wine, leave your car parked and take a cab home LIKE A FUCKING ADULT.

smoke ciggies. get lung cancer, or outlive your entire family. it's a gamble.
    Or be responsible and don't. Again, the concept of choice and precautions seem foreign to you. Is someone holding a gun to their head, forcing them to smoke? What an absurd comparison.

have sex. get pregnant, aids, herpes, genital warts, or just get off. it's a gamble. if you can't handle the consequences, then don't play the game.
    USING PROTECTION AND HAVING AN ABORTION SHOULD THOSE PROTECTIONS FAIL IS HANDLING THE CONSEQUENCES. In fact, it's actively trying to PREVENT the consequences.

You just don't want people to have sex at all. That's retarded.

FREE WILL. you choose what game you want to play at.
    Yes, and some like you, assume that ALL people go play the game without a helmet, pads or even the barest inkling of what the rules are.

How stupid.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I loves this thread. Just wanted to mention that. Two thumbs up!

I'm pro-choice AND pro-death penalty (for the most part). If I got pregnant next week (somehow), I'd want the option of aborting it or not. Maybe I'd choose to keep it, but that's my choice.

And damn it, I'm just mad at people who have babies when they can't effing afford them. Cus then they go on welfare, and I'm expected to pay for their "wonderful little miracle". Condoms aren't as expensive as a child is.

Also, I think of it this way for the death penalty: If somebody killed my little sister, they would die. Whether by the law or whatever, they would die. Jail is too good for some people.

So then does it not become a matter of restricting women's rights rather than extending laws for unborn babies.

(Question from original post).

YES. Exactly. When pro-lifers pick and choose the situations in which an abortion is 'okay', they ARE restricting women's rights. It no longer has anything to do with protecting an 'innocent baby.' After all, why is the child of a rapist any 'less of a person'?

That is one of the biggest irritations I have with the prolife movement. I actually have more respect for a rabid prolifer who says ALL ABORTIONS ARE WRONG, PERIOD, even though I could not disagree more, than a flimsy prolifer who says "oh, well, in THIS case. Or THIS case. Then it is okay."

It IS much more about enforcing 'morals' and restricting women than it is about saving babies. Period.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post

It IS much more about enforcing 'morals' and restricting women than it is about saving babies. Period.
    Damn right. And all the proof you need is that they don't give two shits about the babies once they're out of the womb.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Yes, I believe that if you absolutely don't want kids and can't care for them, you should exert some self control and not have sex.
    *goes to slit my wrist* My life is over.

I'm 40 yrs old, don't want kids. Don't want to care for them and I should never have sex again.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

^^^Yes, and forget all those marriages staying together. If women don't want kids, no more sex for the husbands. They'll have to go out and hump blow-up dolls or find new wives who will want as many babies as God gives them.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeRhonda View Post
    *goes to slit my wrist* My life is over.

I'm 40 yrs old, don't want kids. Don't want to care for them and I should never have sex again.
    Oh,go ahead. And abort ,if needed.Just don't share this news . Because you can be damn sure if either ever follows suit,they will never tell.
    I have this theory-true,unproven,but based on what I have viewed first hand,countless times about Baptists and drinking-that lots of pro-lifers have aborted themselves. So they get very vocal about how bad abortion is. That way,you would never suspect they had one. I really wish we could have stats on this. Impossible,but I think it would be an eye opener.
    Last edited by McJag; May 6th, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Oh,go ahead. And abort ,if needed.Just don't share this news with Southernbelle & Dexter. Because you can be damn sure if either ever follows suit,they will never tell.
    I have this theory-true,unproven,but based on what I have viewed first hand,countless times about Baptists and drinking-that lots of pro-lifers have aborted themselves. So they get very vocal about how bad abortion is. That way,you would never suspect they had one. I really wish we could have stats on this. Impossible,but I think it would be an eye opener.
    You can count on it. The Anti-Abortion crowd also preaches abstinence to teenagers. Where does that get you? Lots of teenaged mothers...or girls whose mothers rushed them into the big city for an abortion before attending the Wednesday night prayer for the millions of killed bey-bees.

Another Southernbelle bashing thread.
    Imagine that....
    I love the be tolerant of my views and opinions, but I will bitch gripe and always tear yours apart.

Oh the irony.

Whatever. I'm tolerant of what she wants to believe, just draw the line at her wanting to vote away my rights. Big difference. I don't see anyone here trying to legislate her rights. That's where she and others invite the "intolerance" they (or really people on their behalf, as she doesn't do this too much) piss and moan about suffering from.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Are you okay today, MrsDark? You seem to be foaming at the mouth in every thread?

And I haven't seen her vote away anyone's rights. She just stated her opinion and got jumped.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

And I haven't seen her vote away anyone's rights. She just stated her opinion and got jumped.
    Are you saying people aren't allowed to argue now, even on such hot-button topics?

SB's certainly entitled to her opinion. And other people are allowed to strongly disagree with said opinion.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

^ Oh no, of course not. I am just saying it's the same shit every time she posts. It's like some people just wait for her to post and then jump on her.
    SB doesn't come on often, but it 100% guarantee when she does you will see page after page of multiquotes and name calling.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information