Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about abortion

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I am pro choice; you may choose to have an abortion or you may choose not to. No wait, I want to be the decider. Keep your hands to yourself and stay out of everyone else's vagina. Gosh, that's not so hard.

Whether or not abortions are legal they will be performed. That's all there is to it.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

did i mention punch and pie?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am so for the punch and pie!!!!!!!!!!!!11ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!111

BTW, is it that yummy Welch's Fruit Punch in a can. I love that shit and haven't had it in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    This whole new catholic smell coming off you is getting old.

People are responsible when they use protection. NO PROTECTION IS 100%. You're condemning people for having normal sex drives out of some puritanical obsessiveness, even though they take the necessary precautions. That's absurd.

We also don't live in a fucking fairy tale la la land where people don't have sex unless they want children. Planet Earth is not CatholicLandŽ. Please realize this. The sexless utopia that you so fervently wish for WILL NOT EVER EXIST. The reality, where the rest of the planet lives, knows this.

REALITY.

PLEASE JOIN IT.

WE HAVE PUNCH AND PIE.
    Heh, I know right?

It's about "accepting responsibility"? Um... it sounds to me like she's basically punishing people for having sex. It's obviously not the foetus she's worried about - otherwise the foetus would be her only concern. Not something that's expendable depending on whether or not the woman "had a choice"!

REALITY.

PLEASE JOIN IT.

WE HAVE PUNCH AND PIE.

Pro-'lifers' are concerned with life as far as cell development, they don't think about quality of life following birth.

Every human egg cell not carried to term is a potential human that will never get to "live its life." That's approx. 1 "death" for every month a woman CHOOSES not to have a child.

Every sperm cell not carried to term is a potential human that will never get to "live its life." That's approx. 1,000,000,000 (and more??) "deaths" for every DAY a man CHOOSES not to have m/billions of children.

Some pro-lifers have carried that to an extreme, which is why they are against birth control completely, or against masturbation, where the "glorious" seed is spilled and wasted on the ground. I'll choose not to worship sperm, thankyouverymuch.

The biological reality is that billions upon billions of these "baby cells" are destroyed every day from abstinence alone. By not having sex, you are preventing the potential life inside of you from existing. Abstainers are making just as much of a CHOICE to not have babies as someone who had sex did.

Pro-lifers make these choices everyday. Whether you're having sex or practicing abstinence, you are participating in 'preventing potential life.' But the reality is, we can't bring all potential lives into this world: 1) it's not possible biologically and 2) it would be disaster, war, starvation even more than it already is.

Some people attach their version of 'morality' on it because they think they are better than others and want to make everyone live by their rules, though they often have plenty of exceptions to the rules for themselves.

Some straight people get married but don't want "immoral" people to be able to do the same thing, because they should "deserve" misery.

Some pro-lifers have the choice for themselves, but don't want the "immoral" people to be able to do the same thing because they should "deserve" misery.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    The biological reality is that billions upon billions of these "baby cells" are destroyed every day from abstinence alone. By not having sex, you are preventing the potential life inside of you from existing. Abstainers are making just as much of a CHOICE to not have babies as someone who had sex did.
    Abstinence isn't killing a life like abortion. Sperm and eggs on their own can never be a life, only when they join together. I'm not saying either are wrong, but they are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    One thing that bothers me about the abortion issue is the fact that if you kill a pregnant woman, you can be charged with the murder of that woman AND of the unborn child.
    This isn't always true. The laws vary from state to state, and most hinge upon the term of the pregnancy. 24 states recognize it for the full term, 10 only recognize it for part of the term, and 16 states don't recognize it at all. Also, most states have held that the laws regarding homicide of a fetus don't impact abortion laws at all. One has nothing to do with the other.

Also, Congress did pass the Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004, but it only applies to murders that happen where there is federal jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Abstinence isn't killing a life like abortion. Sperm and eggs on their own can never be a life, only when they join together. I'm not saying either are wrong, but they are two different things.
    The sperm and eggs already have life in them, but they will die unless the host lifeform/s they are nested in choose/s specifically to allow them to reach an independent life stage.

The pro-life attitude is, "if Ms. Slut had a baby instead of an abortion just to protect herself, she would've had a 5 year old by now, but she didn't bring the cells to term thus she killed it." As if there's some floating dead kid out there.

If that's the case, then if Ms. Prude had a baby instead of practicing abstinence just to protect herself, she would've had a 5 year old by now, but she didn't bring the cells to term thus she killed it. There's just as much a floating dead kid out there from abstinence as abortion.

A*O

Many "pregnancies" self-terminate every month during normal menstruation when a fertilized but non-viable egg is expelled.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Many "pregnancies" self-terminate every month during normal menstruation when a fertilized but non-viable egg is expelled.
    Some women are completely unaware...

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Also, I don't know of any doctor who will give a late term abortion because the woman decided she didn't want the baby. They are done only out of absolute necessity.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Some women are completely unaware...
    Of course. It's a normal period for most women. Isn't nature wonderful.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I think pro-lifers should stop calling themselves pro-lifers because they aren't. Not 99.9% of them anyway. They should call themselves what they are: Anti-abortion. You aren't pro-life if you accept the death penalty. Period. Believe it or not, I actually think "pro-life" is more fitting for someone who does happen to support abortion but not the death penalty (under any circumstances).

The hijacking and false use of that term by the fundies is a pretty shrewd move though. It's harder to be against anyone who is "pro-life". It automatically paints the opposition as the bad guy and implies this is a black or white issue (metaphorically speaking, BTW) when it is anything but.
    Last edited by MsDark; May 5th, 2009 at 07:43 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

This whole new catholic smell coming off you is getting old.

People are responsible when they use protection. NO PROTECTION IS 100%. You're condemning people for having normal sex drives out of some puritanical obsessiveness, even though they take the necessary precautions. That's absurd.

We also don't live in a fucking fairy tale la la land where people don't have sex unless they want children. Planet Earth is not CatholicLandŽ. Please realize this. The sexless utopia that you so fervently wish for WILL NOT EVER EXIST. The reality, where the rest of the planet lives, knows this.

REALITY.

PLEASE JOIN IT.

WE HAVE PUNCH AND PIE.
    hey, humans are NOT animals. we can control our sex drives. just because something is NORMAL (sex drive) does not mean that we are not responsible for its' outcome (pregnancy). you can have sexual release (ie, ORGASM) without creating a baby.

life is full of risks. if you aren't prepared to handle the consequence, then don't play the game.

example:
    go out on a dinner date. order and split a bottle of wine. drive home, get hit by an irresponsible driver, BUT you are the one who is "legally" drunk, even though the accident wasn't you fault. DUI. oops, pay thousands of dollars in legal fees, suspended license, etc.

smoke ciggies. get lung cancer, or outlive your entire family. it's a gamble.

have sex. get pregnant, aids, herpes, genital warts, or just get off. it's a gamble. if you can't handle the consequences, then don't play the game.

FREE WILL. you choose what game you want to play at.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information