Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 235

Thread: Question about abortion

  1. #211
    Elite Member MrsMarsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    7,238

    Default

    More like nutty. I can tolerate people with a different opinion but something is very OFF about those two.

  2. #212
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default

    Those two are two peas in a pod.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  3. #213
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    they don't see the difference between tolerating a difference of opinion that really doesn't have anything at stake vs. tolerating opinions that, when put into practice, limit my personal autonomy. One is worth fighting over and the other one isn't.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #214
    Silver Member Ettabell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    they don't see the difference between tolerating a difference of opinion that really doesn't have anything at stake vs. tolerating opinions that, when put into practice, limit my personal autonomy. One is worth fighting over and the other one isn't.
    Well said Crumpet. I have known women thoughout my life that have had abortions and do not have any issues dealing with it in adult life. It is our right to choose, not anyone elses!
    It is the woman's right to make the choice that is correct for her, I am in full agreement with that. But I have to tell you that I just recently met a young girl (18) who is now having her 3rd abortion in 2 years, she got pregnant each time by the same boy, and I did have to question her about her birth control practices. She told me that she tried the pill at 16 and took herself off of it because it made her bloat. Now mind you, she is very thin now and she tells me that she always has been. So I asked her if having to go through this each year was worth feeling bloated.... I know, really none of my business! But the thing is that she is only a year older than my son and I just couldnt wrap my mind around this.
    The ONLY reason I questioned this young lady is because the boyfriend is my nephew, she fessed up to him about not having it done in front of me!! Now let me tell you, I remember being 16, 17 or 18 and having sex.... I also remember going on the pill for this reason and didnt really appreciate the swelling and bloating that came with it. (You learn to live with it by eating, drinking, exercising accordingly.) But I must admit, I was taken aback by their situation! Probably because she is so close to my son's age but partially because in my 42 years I have never know anyone that has taken this road in dealing with pregnancy!
    Now, in my mind, I believe that they should have the abortion then both go to planned parenthood and learn about birthcontrol. I told her that I thought she AND he were being irresponsible by continuing to take their chances after 3 pregnancies. That is just the Mom in me I guess.
    Was I wrong in stating my opinion when asked?? Am I the only one that would have been suprised by the chances they took??
    I am all for the right for women to choose, I believe that they need to make that choice now before it is to late. (Isnt 3 months the cut off?)
    This kids are NOT it the place to bring a child into this world and it would only hurt the child in the long run. These 2 will not be together 5, 10 years from now, he says that, she thinks they will be together forever.

    Again, thank goodness that she has the right to choose to end this pregnancy for the sake of the unborn child. But this is the first time in my life that I have met anyone that has (I believe) used abortion as a method of birth control. Has anyone else seen this happen? And if so, am I overreacting????

  5. #215
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    33,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ettabell View Post
    I am all for the right for women to choose, I believe that they need to make that choice now before it is to late. (Isnt 3 months the cut off?)

    Again, thank goodness that she has the right to choose to end this pregnancy for the sake of the unborn child. But this is the first time in my life that I have met anyone that has (I believe) used abortion as a method of birth control. Has anyone else seen this happen? And if so, am I overreacting????
    The time you can get an abortion varies from state to state. My state has the most permissible abortion laws in the country, and abortion is allowed to 24 weeks. We also allowed abortion pre Roe v. Wade. Medicaid pays for abortions for low-income women. Teenagers don’t need a parent’s permission to have an abortion. There are no 24-hour waiting periods.

    I agree with you about how irresponsible this kid is being, and how ignorant IMO. There are other BC methods besides the pill, and she could use something else. I don't think you were wrong to give your opinion, and I certainly don't think you over reacted.

    The only other times I have seen anything like that, are in the cases of women I know that grew up in China, and the former Soviet Union, that have had multiple abortions. BC was not readily available to them- but abortion is. Go figure
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone


    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  6. #216
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    has this stupid bitch never heard of a condom? Tell her to enjoy her AIDS.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  7. #217
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    55,679

    Default

    For every thread, an appropriate image:

    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    "What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

  8. #218
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    .. yeah, that'l work.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  9. #219
    Elite Member sparkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches
    Posts
    14,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    For every thread, an appropriate image:

    That is disgusting.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  10. #220
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    For every thread, an appropriate image:

    That's disturbing and quite sick if it's true, and not a flamer...
    Last edited by *DIVA!; July 27th, 2009 at 10:42 PM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  11. #221
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    ^It looks more like someone just made it up because anti-choice protesters are always complaining about abortion as birth control and women having too many abortions, and they just wanted to piss them off more.

  12. #222
    Elite Member L1049's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chillin with my homeboy Xenu
    Posts
    2,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    For every thread, an appropriate image:

    Twitchy, ever wonder how is babby formed?


    God I love Yahoo answers.

  13. #223
    Elite Member Sassiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Land Down Under
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Whatever. I'm tolerant of what [pro-life/anti-abortion advocate] wants to believe, just draw the line at [those who think that way] wanting to vote away my rights.
    I've taken the personal attacks on one poster out of it.

    I'm rampantly pro-choice, for reasons that Grimm et all have outlined in far better posts in this thread.

    The one thing I want to contribute is a question I posed to an anti-abortion friend one day:

    Pro-choice does actually mean CHOICE. It means if you and I fell pregnant tomorrow, I could choose to have an abortion (because I do not think I am emotionally or financially ready to raise a child, and wouldn't want to inflict a lifetime of emotional harm on that child by being a bad parent) and you could choose to have the baby (because you believe that abortion is morally wrong).

    We both get what we want. Why do you want to restrict other people's right to CHOOSE? Wouldn't it be more productive for you to focus on convincing people to make your choice, rather than setting up a situation where no one has a choice at all?

    At the end of the day, history tells us that criminalising abortion does not make the option go away - it drives it underground and makes it VERY, very unsafe. Isn't it better to allow the safe option?!

    But then, I've found with my crazy conservative friends that logic and reason matter very little up against Fundamentalist Christian philosophy.

  14. #224
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ettabell View Post
    Well said Crumpet. I have known women thoughout my life that have had abortions and do not have any issues dealing with it in adult life. It is our right to choose, not anyone elses!
    It is the woman's right to make the choice that is correct for her, I am in full agreement with that. But I have to tell you that I just recently met a young girl (18) who is now having her 3rd abortion in 2 years, she got pregnant each time by the same boy, and I did have to question her about her birth control practices. She told me that she tried the pill at 16 and took herself off of it because it made her bloat. Now mind you, she is very thin now and she tells me that she always has been. So I asked her if having to go through this each year was worth feeling bloated.... I know, really none of my business! But the thing is that she is only a year older than my son and I just couldnt wrap my mind around this.
    The ONLY reason I questioned this young lady is because the boyfriend is my nephew, she fessed up to him about not having it done in front of me!! Now let me tell you, I remember being 16, 17 or 18 and having sex.... I also remember going on the pill for this reason and didnt really appreciate the swelling and bloating that came with it. (You learn to live with it by eating, drinking, exercising accordingly.) But I must admit, I was taken aback by their situation! Probably because she is so close to my son's age but partially because in my 42 years I have never know anyone that has taken this road in dealing with pregnancy!
    Now, in my mind, I believe that they should have the abortion then both go to planned parenthood and learn about birthcontrol. I told her that I thought she AND he were being irresponsible by continuing to take their chances after 3 pregnancies. That is just the Mom in me I guess.
    Was I wrong in stating my opinion when asked?? Am I the only one that would have been suprised by the chances they took??
    I am all for the right for women to choose, I believe that they need to make that choice now before it is to late. (Isnt 3 months the cut off?)
    This kids are NOT it the place to bring a child into this world and it would only hurt the child in the long run. These 2 will not be together 5, 10 years from now, he says that, she thinks they will be together forever.

    Again, thank goodness that she has the right to choose to end this pregnancy for the sake of the unborn child. But this is the first time in my life that I have met anyone that has (I believe) used abortion as a method of birth control. Has anyone else seen this happen? And if so, am I overreacting????

    I think this girl is probably the exception, rather than the rule but yeah, it's pretty fucked up and she should be worried about more than just getting pregnant. Someone should haul her ass to the doctor and have her/him explain some basic things to her. And tell your nephew to run. She sounds dumb as a post.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  15. #225
    Elite Member Annika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,657

    Default

    look at it this way "pro-life" people. how would you feel if "pro choice" people started telling you that when you got pregnant you should kill your baby no matter what. sounds stupid doesn't it?

    see, being pro-CHOICE, as many have already mentioned, means supporting a person's choice to either continue or terminate a pregnancy. a choice. it's not PRO DEATH, they don't go around arguing with people and calling them bad for not killing their babies. they let them decide. they aren't picketing new moms centers calling them idiots for having babies.

    why do you guys gotta go around and act all high and mighty because you think it's wrong to have an abortion. is it really any of your damn business anyways? like is it mine if you get knocked up by accident and keep it?

    it does come down to the term "anti choice" doesn't it? you don't think a woman should be in control of her own body do you? like it or not that body is going to carry a child for nine or so months. what if she doesn't want to do that? oh, you come up with this responsibility and abstinence crap. well life isn't like that. trust me, shit happens. i've used condoms and found peices under my boob after sex. wtf was that all about? they are not 100% safe. and neither is the pill. some of us can't be on it because we have medical issues (like a family history of embolisms). but nevermind that. short of getting a tubal ligation, you have to try your hardest and if you are a fertile myrtle you might get pregnant.

    now i am pro choice. at one time in my life i chose one way, at another time i chose another way. if someone tried to tell me what to do i would feel like a fricking prisoner. forcing someone to have a baby is sick. you think that kid isn't going to be one big regret albatross type of deal? it is. and another life ruined, no two because mom isn't ready to be a mom and baby is unwanted.

    i don't even know where i'm going anymore with this. i'm sorta high. but yeah you get the gist of it.

    oh. and another thing. i'm really sad after reading this thread because i just realized why there are no more corky's from life goes on is because they are being aborted! jeesh! i went to elementary school with a downs syndrome wing and those guys were a blast at recess. they used to chase us around and lick the palms of our hands. they liked the salt or something. aww memories!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 30th, 2008, 07:12 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 17th, 2006, 01:01 PM
  3. Lefties skewer neocon talk radio jock with logical abortion question
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 8th, 2006, 11:14 AM
  4. Abortion.
    By buttmunch in forum Politics and Issues
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: November 15th, 2005, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •