Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Question about abortion

Quote Originally Posted by NaomiK View Post
    Cate doesn't deserve to be spoken to like that. She has a right to her opinion, as much as you do. She is respectful, never uses foul language to get her point across and you should show her the same respect.

I'd also like to state that I find it odd that as a man you are arguing women's right to have or not to have an abortion when you yourself will never ever be faced with such a decision. This isn't your battle to argue at all. Stay out of it.
    I think this thread must be cross-posted on some pro-life website and they are sending all their minions to lecture us. Good luck with that one!

Cate doesn't deserve to be spoken to like that. She has a right to her opinion, as much as you do. She is respectful, never uses foul language to get her point across and you should show her the same respect.

I'd also like to state that I find it odd that as a man you are arguing women's right to have or not to have an abortion when you yourself will never ever be faced with such a decision. This isn't your battle to argue at all. Stay out of it.
    Yea, it's sad sad thing that a gay man is more understanding in regards to freedom of choice (for women) than some women are.

I don't get the whole bawwwwwwwwing, the 'oh you're being mean to me/oh noes foul language' shit from some people. If some of our members went to a board that was obviously "pro-life" leaning, we'd get the exact same reception (if not worse) than what 'pro-lifers' get here.
    Cate, NaomiK, speeddemom go to a site that's obviously extremely pro-life (the cunts at rapture ready is a good start) now say something that is pro-choice/abortion.....see what I mean.

What I'm trying to say to Cate, NaomiK, speedemom is....

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

So you're saying men don't have a place in the abortion argument? Excellent. Let's keep all those fundie dudes who protest outside of clinics, who try to pass laws, who condemn from the pulpit out of this discussion. In fact, let's keep that pansy in Prada, the bloody Pope, out of this discussion since as a man, he really doesn't have a place in it. IF you want to keep men out of it then they all back the fuck off and keep they're damned mouths shut.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Is this a case of multiple id's or just joint retardism?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    So you're saying men don't have a place in the abortion argument? Excellent. Let's keep all those fundie dudes who protest outside of clinics, who try to pass laws, who condemn from the pulpit out of this discussion. In fact, let's keep that pansy in Prada, the bloody Pope, out of this discussion since as a man, he really doesn't have a place in it. IF you want to keep men out of it then they all back the fuck off and keep they're damned mouths shut.

joint retardism!

Silver Member

I saw this thread come alive, again, and I wasn't planning on posting, but just for clarification:

I am not any other member by any other name, nor have I had another name on here, ever. I have been here for quite some time.

I appreciate the defenders, but it's not necessary. Bad words don't scare me. However, bashing people because they have a different opinion than you is not really progressive or open minded or diverse.

I do not cross-post between forums or send links to other people- it is bad internet etiquette.

I have quite a few friends, some of whom have had abortions: some regret it, some don't. I have never been anything but supportive to those friends.

That's it. I don't have anything else to say on the subject. I respect all of your rights to your opinions, but I have no interest in defending mine here.

Not open minded and diverse???

However, bashing people because they have a different opinion than you is not really progressive or open minded or diverse.
    Neither is supporting the restriction of rights for one set of people based on your own puritanical/religious views.

I'd rather be a mouthy asshole than a fascist, and frankly, I come out on top from an ethical and moral point of view.

Bad words, or oppression.. hmm, hard choice.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^Shut up! Men's opinions not needed here! *smack*

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Cate View Post
    I saw this thread come alive, again, and I wasn't planning on posting, but just for clarification:

I am not any other member by any other name, nor have I had another name on here, ever. I have been here for quite some time.

I appreciate the defenders, but it's not necessary. Bad words don't scare me. However, bashing people because they have a different opinion than you is not really progressive or open minded or diverse.

I do not cross-post between forums or send links to other people- it is bad internet etiquette.

I have quite a few friends, some of whom have had abortions: some regret it, some don't. I have never been anything but supportive to those friends.

That's it. I don't have anything else to say on the subject. I respect all of your rights to your opinions, but I have no interest in defending mine here.
    See, that all depends: if I think blue is the best color and you prefer yellow, then that is an example of a difference of opinion that should be tolerated. Even disputing the best way to balance the deficit or improve health care are matters of opinion that can be diverse and discussed intelligently. However, telling me that I need to accept someone's opinion that I should not have the right to control the processes of my own body is not up for discussion in the same way. Would you expect a black person to just accept that the KKK has a difference of opinion on equality issues, or are they allowed to be offended that some people think they are subhuman? If not, then don't expect me to accept that some people think I'm inferior because of what's between my legs or that their religion should dictate how I live. This is not just about a difference of opinion: this is all about self determination as a human right vs. government control.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    See, that all depends: if I think blue is the best color and you prefer yellow, then that is an example of a difference of opinion that should be tolerated. Even disputing the best way to balance the deficit or improve health care are matters of opinion that can be diverse and discussed intelligently. However, telling me that I need to accept someone's opinion that I should not have the right to control the processes of my own body is not up for discussion in the same way. Would you expect a black person to just accept that the KKK has a difference of opinion on equality issues, or are they allowed to be offended that some people think they are subhuman? If not, then don't expect me to accept that some people think I'm inferior because of what's between my legs or that their religion should dictate how I live. This is not just about a difference of opinion: this is all about self determination as a human right vs. government control.
    You are like Martin Luther King Jr. or Robert Kennedy. You are right, I am wrong.

^^^
    first sensible thing you've said so far.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Cate View Post
    You are like Martin Luther King Jr. or Robert Kennedy. You are right, I am wrong.
    you say that like it's a bad thing.

^^No kidding. I think King and Kennedy are two great people to be compared to. And yes, Cate, you are wrong.

--Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information