Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Question about abortion

Bronze Member

It says a lot? It says you don't want to be a freaking incubator and go through the painful birthing process where any number of things could go wrong, even potential death. That's called choice.
    Abortions are not safe either. They are painful, risky, and can lead to potential infertility. Also the pyschological effects it can have on women after they've went through with the procedure (depression, regret, shame).

LOL i'll let the ladies on here deal with that one, being a guy i Can't answer that.

Ladies, enjoy your snack.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by NaomiK View Post
    Abortions are not safe either. They are painful, risky, and can lead to potential infertility. Also the pyschological effects it can have on women after they've went through with the procedure (depression, regret, shame).
    these tired old fucking canards again? can't you people ever come up with anything new?

I'd rather have women risk depression, regret and shame than risk their lives with illegal abortion.

Abortion is a safe medical procedure, they are not painful, and if done properly do not lead to infertility.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    these tired old fucking canards again? can't you people ever come up with anything new?

I'd rather have women risk depression, regret and shame than risk their lives with illegal abortion.

Abortion is a safe medical procedure, they are not painful, and if done properly do not lead to infertility.
    Abortion can be very painful. The clinics even charge extra for medication that numbs the pain, and depending on the woman it may not work. There are still a lot of risks with an abortion, of course they are supposed to be safe, but that is defintely no guarantee with any type of surgery/procedure. The RN will tell you that before you go through with it.

It's certainly not unusual for a women to have complications after an abortion.

and if done properly do not lead to infertility
    IF, they are done properly. And that is not always practiced every single time. Just like with pregnancy, you have risks when you choose an abortion.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Someone else will want it and keep it, say if it were a trusted family member or friend? You still wouldn't carry on with the pregnancy? That says a lot.

I asked this question because many of those who are FOR abortion often use the argument that "no one is going to raise the baby"..well what if someone was going to raise and nurture it? I guess the answer is still the same. I guess it's more about control than anything else.
    And what exactly does it say about me? Do tell!

Yes, you finally got it right. The abortion issue isn't about life or babies. It's all about control. The government controlling women's reproductive autonomy or women controlling it themselves. I'm sure you won't have a hard time figuring out which I favor.

People like you make it seem like pregnancy is a walk in the park, like strolling to the corner store for a Coke. You overlook all the possible health complications that can arise, not to mention the limitations we women are supposed to impose on ourselves: what to eat/not eat, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs (including most pain relievers no matter how badly you hurt). We won't even get into gestational diabetes or preclampsia or permanent bladder dysfunction. There is no shortage of reasons for not wanting to be pregnant.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abortion can be very painful. The clinics even charge extra for medication that numbs the pain, and depending on the woman it may not work. There are still a lot of risks with an abortion, of course they are supposed to be safe, but that is defintely no guarantee with any type of surgery/procedure. The RN will tell you that before you go through with it.

It's very unusual for a woman to have serious complications after an abortion. That's just old, tired pro life propaganda. Pregnancy is much more risky.

I've been through it, and there was no pain. We have a little thing called anesthetic, it comes in both local and general forms. You should read up on it.

And since all surgery has risks, using your POV we should outlaw all surgery.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Every possible risk and consequence from abortion can be outnumbered by the risks of pregnancy one hundred fold, and that includes the so-called emotional fallout. How many women suffer from post partum depression that can include psychosis and result in suicide/infanticide? It's pretty common, so let's talk women out of pregnancy so they won't have to risk any of this happening to them, okay? More women die from childbirth than from abortion, period, and that isn't even up for debate.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF, they are done properly. And that is not always practiced every single time.
    I can say the same for childbirth.. But how do you know this first hand knowledge on abortion, have you had one before? If you're going by crap that you've read.. then you're obviously right..

I like how you're fairly new here and you're posting in an old thread on abortion..so soon!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    And what exactly does it say about me? Do tell!

Yes, you finally got it right. The abortion issue isn't about life or babies. It's all about control. The government controlling women's reproductive autonomy or women controlling it themselves. I'm sure yuo won't have a hard time figuring out which I favor.

People like you make it seem like pregnancy is a walk in the park, like strolling to the corner store for a Coke. You overlook all the possible health complications that can arise, not to mention the limitations we women are supposed to impose on ourselves: what to eat/not eat, no drinking, no smoking, no drugs (including most pain relievers no matter how badly you hurt). We won't even get into gestational diabestes or preclampsia or permanent bladder dysfunction. There is no shortage of reasons for not wanting to be pregnant.
    I never said pregnancy is a walk in the park, I stated in my last post that there are risks when you go through with childbirth, and you have risks when you choose to go through with an abortion.

You see a lot of scared, young women going in and out of those abortion clinics. Many of them crying and scared to go through with the procedure. And the medication that is administered to numb the pain does not even work for all women, it still can hurt. The whole process is just scary. I know a bit because I supported a friend and went with her to get an abortion, it was the worst experience she ever had in her life, very painful, & afterwards she said that she would never wish that on her worst enemy.

Every possible risk and consequence from abortion can be outnumbered by the risks of pregnancy one hundred fold, and that includes the so-called emotional fallout. How many women suffer from post partum depression that can include psychosis and result in suicide/infanticide? It's pretty common, so let's talk women out of pregnancy so they won't have to risk any of this happening to them, okay? More women die from childbirth than from abortion, period, and that isn't even up for debate.
    I stated that abortion is risky as well because the previous poster made it seem as if there were only risks with childbrith. Both (pregnancy and abortion) are risky. I just don't want young women to think that abortion is a risk-free cakewalk.

I like how you're fairly new here and you're posting in an old thread on abortion..so soon!
    I like politics and abortion is a hot topic so I thought I'd add my input.

^ next time talk her out of going to Tijuana for it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

czb

. . . .
    surgical procedures sometimes require painkillers or anesthesia. BFD. sometimes childbirth does, too.

bottom line is it should be a woman's choice to continue a pregnancy or have an abortion, even in the cases where there is someone willing to adopt it.

and most women know that responsibility doesn't just end in childbirth even if you give the baby up for adoption. we've all read numerous cases in which kids look for their bio parents. some people don't want to have that in their life. it is their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ^ next time talk her out of going to Tijuana for it.
    yeah, "Paco's Abortion Center & Donkey Show" probably wasn't the best choice.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    surgical procedures sometimes require painkillers or anesthesia. BFD. sometimes childbirth does, too.

bottom line is it should be a woman's choice to continue a pregnancy or have an abortion, even in the cases where there is someone willing to adopt it.

and most women know that responsibility doesn't just end in childbirth even if you give the baby up for adoption. we've all read numerous cases in which kids look for their bio parents. some people don't want to have that in their life. it is their choice.
    It is a woman's choice but by choosing abortion instead of childbirth you are not exactly escaping any risks either.

czb

It is a woman's choice but by choosing abortion instead of childbirth you are not exactly escaping any risks either.
    huh? there are risks in crossing the street and swimming laps in a pool.

Well, you're escaping one risk: having a kid you don't want.

BA ZING!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information