Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor Haitians resort to eating dirt

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

It just doesn't make any sense to me how there are people starving ANYWHERE in the world this day and age. The problem of hunger goes beyong the issue of not having enough food. Corrupt governments play a huge part in directing resources away from the people they are intended to help.

Sojita: Did you understand what I meant by 'play the kiddie card'? I just don't think people should be able to do whatever the fuck they want and when consequences come knocking at their door they hide behind their children ("you can't put me in jail......you're punishing my kids" or "you can't send me back to Mexico, what about my kids"....as though she isn't allowed to take her kids with her). No, the kids didn't make these choices but if allow the hide behind the children tactic to work then you are enabling people to continue to be dependent and irresponsible, and most likely those kids will turn out the same way.

Sometimes I wonder what we really expect of people anymore beyond breathing and breeding.

^ how about "Taking Advantage?" I kinda expect most perple to be oppourtunists...not that that's always a bad thing, Hell, it's part of what makes us the top omnivore of the planet!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg this is so sad, tragic really.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^It is very sad. It also makes me sad to think we could give them a trillion dollars and two years from now they would be eating mud pies again. I'm not being sarcastic.

And they're paying celebrities 20 million dollars to be in a movie.

And they are starving too!
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    It just doesn't make any sense to me how there are people starving ANYWHERE in the world this day and age. The problem of hunger goes beyong the issue of not having enough food. Corrupt governments play a huge part in directing resources away from the people they are intended to help.

Sojita: Did you understand what I meant by 'play the kiddie card'? I just don't think people should be able to do whatever the fuck they want and when consequences come knocking at their door they hide behind their children ("you can't put me in jail......you're punishing my kids" or "you can't send me back to Mexico, what about my kids"....as though she isn't allowed to take her kids with her). No, the kids didn't make these choices but if allow the hide behind the children tactic to work then you are enabling people to continue to be dependent and irresponsible, and most likely those kids will turn out the same way.

Sometimes I wonder what we really expect of people anymore beyond breathing and breeding.
    yeah I get it. I still think much of the 'anti immigrant' crap is based on elitism, racism, ethnocentricity, ignorance, greed, fear, etc. you name it. And I 'did' live in an area that was getting ALOT of Mexican immigrants. And I agree there are problems. I just do not see that mass deportations and penalizations of people ALREADY HERE are the answer, in either an economic sense or in a moral sense. There is a problem I agree..we just disagree on solutions.

*And I do agree that the problem of food supply is often not actually related to food availabilty. Most famines are not 'natural' now, but are the byproduct of war, civil strife, government corruption, etc. where food supplies, transportation systems, and distributions systems are interrupted-sometimes intentionally, as food and food supplies become a weapon to be used in conflicts.

You rarely see a starvation situation in a politically stable area with a relatively non-corrupt government anymore, now do you? it is in politically unstable areas(Africa) or politically isolated areas (North Korea) where you see the worst problems..but it comes down to politics usually.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^It is very sad. It also makes me sad to think we could give them a trillion dollars and two years from now they would be eating mud pies again. I'm not being sarcastic.

Probably because the government gave the money to the very same people who depleted their resources in the first place: The stupid rich guys at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    good one!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Okay so a 16 year old girl knew she was starving and had to eat dirt but yet she still decided to bring another life into this world. I don't feel sorry for her at all.
    If she can't afford food, what makes you think she can afford birth control? I know, I know, she shouldn't be having sex. Agreed; but how realistic is that?

Elite Member

I heard recently that if everyone in the U.S. gave up ice cream for a year, the money from that could end world hunger.

There is no reason for world hunger to exist. I don't understand why it still does.

Than the ice cream makers would starve... It is a vicious cycle. But you are right there is no reason for hunger to exist anywhere and there are starving people in the USA of all places.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Quote Originally Posted by tee-ha-ha View Post
    If she can't afford food, what makes you think she can afford birth control? I know, I know, she shouldn't be having sex. Agreed; but how realistic is that?
    Pretty damn realistic if you know the outcome is a starving child that is your own flesh and blood.

How about freezing produce/meat/etc about to go bad and not be sold in supermarkets and shipping it to places of need. OR if exports costs are too much, feeding our own needy with it, and advise other countries to do the same.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information