Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pakistani Family Threatened For Refusing To Kill Daughter Who Was Raped

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I hope that the brave young woman and her family are able to find some peace and eventual justice.

There is an ongoing case in the UK where a teenage girl was murdered in what is believed to be an Honour Killing. She was killed in 2003 and it was only in September of this year that the police finally felt able to bring charges against her parents. A further eight members of the family are awaiting trial for perverting the course of justice.

Murder of Shafilea Ahmed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I hope that they can get her out of Pakistan. And then she can live somewhere decent. I've been to Pakistan on a Navy WESTPAC cruise in 1989 - Karachi and Islamabad. Hated it. Men were tearing down pics of then-PM, the late Benazir Bhutto because they were angry that a woman was running the country. Some of the yard workers were making catcalls to the some of us who wore short pants in the humid weather. They were forced to go back and change. I don't get that place at all.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I hope that they can get her out of Pakistan. And then she can live somewhere decent. I've been to Pakistan on a Navy WESTPAC cruise in 1989 - Karachi and Islamabad. Hated it. Men were tearing down pics of then-PM, the late Benazir Bhutto because they were angry that a woman was running the country. Some of the yard workers were making catcalls to the some of us who wore short pants in the humid weather. They were forced to go back and change. I don't get that place at all.
    I know some Germans who work for aid agencies with relationships to Pakistan since the catastrophic earth quake there. They are male, because the female workers get harassed non-stop in Pakistan.

Some have to carry 2 passports. If they have ever been to Israel, even the stamp from there will deny them entry to Pakistan.

Also, they get congratulated for the Holocaust on a regular basis. Yes, they are horrified. One guy I know who works there regularly has picked up American Urban English and slang (he must have listened to lots of rap because he's actually pretty good) so the Pakistanis won't identify him as German and go into their Nazi worship.

Horrible place. Yet the backbone of their economy is USA dollars. We know how to pick the best friends, don't we?
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

^Olivia, that sounds ghastly. Those poor aid workers.
    I only had to go to Pakistan once. No need to go more than that. The folks running that country are insane.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information