Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NZ columnist: Women would stop getting beaten if they'd just stop having abortions

greys, i also found this:

Statistics of Domestic Violence, Abuse, and Stalking - a knol by Sam Vaknin

"This reveals an interesting and worrying trend:
    The number overall intimate partner offences against women declined sharply but not so the number of fatal incidents. These remained more or less the same since 1993!"

So what was my mom's excuse? My mom was beaten by my dad AND my uncle, and she was forced to keep me.

And what was MY excuse? I've never been pregnant. Must've been that invisible abortion with my imaginary friend, that one time. _

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    "Hysterical" always makes me laugh when it comes up in topics regarding wombs and what not.
    Why? Since this is the etymology of it....

hysterical 1615, from L. hystericus "of the womb," from Gk. hysterikos "of the womb, suffering in the womb," from hystera "womb" (see uterus). Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women and thought to be caused by a dysfunction of the uterus. Hysterics is 1727; hysteria, abstract noun, formed 1801.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Since abortion has been made legal, there has been a consistent rise in domestic violence and child abuse.
    Huh? What?

Which sex is said to perpetrate the majority of domestic abuse? Men. Thankfully abortions ARE available to women in cases where they don't have to be forever tied to their abusing, fuckwit boyfriends/partners/husbands.
    ssabmud

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^^ I agree. I am so damn grateful that I never fell pregnant while I was with the psychotic ex because then I would never have been rid of him and he would have used the child at every opportunity to invade and continue to try and control/destroy my life. My prefered method of seeing him again these days would be through the crosshairs of a scope.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Why? Since this is the etymology of it....
    That's exactly why.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um hi, can someone please give me this man's home address, i have the urge to go give him the beating of a lifetime stupid old piece of shit from hell!

^^^
    lily would probably say he's a feminist, someone who truly knows what's best for women. god forbid you let women decide that for themselves. i think she said somewhere that being able to decide that for ourselves actually takes the feminist movement back, and harms women. she never said why, cause you know it makes so much sense it doesn't need any further explanation.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well she's done a decade of research
    ssabmud

don't you mean eleventy years?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I've never heard of this guy and I'm from NZ. He sounds like a freaking idiot.

It is true that there seem to be a lot of jehovah witness's here - there is a huge compound near my house, but I don't know ANY religious people here so I'm not sure what that's all about. No one in my family or cirlce of friends is of any religion. I do think it's mostly the older and the polynesian people who flock to religion.

I don't know why we have this rep for being some backwards sleepy little hippy country, it sure as hell isn't like that here to me. Whoever has been visiting here must have managed to find the most retarded little backwoods towns, haha.

It's funny because I find my US friends have strange, slow lazy lives, full of watching cable TV and drinking beer and only exciting thing they do is go bowling or play on their wii.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    don't you mean eleventy years?
    My bad!
    ssabmud

I'm sorry but where is the correlation??

I hope Xena beats him up.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

New Zealand is home to a huge number of fundie sects and denomination. If I recall it's the world capital of Jehovah's Witnesses - there certainly seems to be a Kingdom Hall in every small town. But then again the total population is only 4 million so the stats might be a bit skewed. This guy certainly is.
    really? i've never been to nz but i have a lot of really close nz friends and they're nothing like that, on the contrary. they're really laid back, open-minded, artsy people. maybe that's the people that actually get out and see the world. i should be going next year, it will be interesting to finally see the place after hanging out with kiwis for so long and hearing so much about it.

It's true about the fundies in NZ. Actually, many parts of Oceania are crawling with fundie types due to the missionary work done, much of it by the Jehovah Witnesses.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information