Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Myth of AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. and if yer gonna have sex, it's safer to be the porker than it is to be the porkee.

Much, MUCH safer.
    I believe it was the CDC that determined that (ON AVERAGE NOW) it took about 50 times getting screwed in the ass for someone to get HIV. And it is even (as you pointed out) much harder to get it if you are the insertive partner in anal sex, and harder still with any oral sex. '

The greatest threat is through IV DRUG USE (Direct transmission to the blood system)

Yes there have been SOME(as in not many) who have done 'everything right' and have gotten HIV. But again many are not being truthful to begin with about doing 'everything right'..and for those who have done 'everything right' and have gotten HIV..there are a ton more who have done nearly everything wrong and HAVE NOT GOTTEN HIV.

People need to be extremely careful about not exposing themselves to HIV through IV drug use..and of course careful about not getting ANY std through sexual practices..but there is no need to get hysterical about the threat of HIV when practising safe or safer sex and their is no need for overreaction either(such as giving up sex altogether, etc). People need to be aware and alert but use their reasoning abilities and common sense as well so as not to give in to hysteria.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I know it's probably unbelievable to most of you young 'uns, but I have only had sex one time with a rubber, and I hated it like poison. It wasn't for protection, it was the ribbed kind when it first came out, just to see how it felt. Like A/O, back in my time the worst thing would be if you got the clap. Or knocked up of course.

A*O

I've only had sex a couple of times using a condom and even then it was for birth control purposes after MrAO had a vasectomy and we had to wait until he tested OK for firing blanks. It was not for protection against STDs. When I was young, free and single I was on the Pill and that was the only thing required and then I got married so fidelity and monogamy was/is the only 'protection' needed. I dread to think what the protocols are now for sexual relationships.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yeah its a fuckin' nitemare! im so over sex.

there is no need to get hysterical about the threat of HIV when practising safe or safer sex and their is no need for overreaction either(such as giving up sex altogether, etc). People need to be aware and alert but use their reasoning abilities and common sense as well so as not to give in to hysteria

A*O

I'm not hysterical or paranoid - it's just that HIV/AIDS wasn't even on our radar when I was younger and 'sexually active'. Like I say, the worst outcome of unprotected sex would have been an STD and/or pregnancy which is bad enough, but hardly in the same league as HIV/AIDS. I take your point that people can get TOO paranoid and think that any 'unsafe' sexual contact automatically means you will become infected which is clearly nonsense but these days it's still better safe then sorry.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm not hysterical or paranoid - it's just that HIV/AIDS wasn't even on our radar when I was younger and 'sexually active'. Like I say, the worst outcome of unprotected sex would have been an STD and/or pregnancy which is bad enough, but hardly in the same league as HIV/AIDS. I take your point that people can get TOO paranoid and think that any 'unsafe' sexual contact automatically means you will become infected which is clearly nonsense but these days it's still better safe then sorry.
    wasn't reposted for you A*O..*alice now put down that weapon*

On a sidenote: The ex with the recently diagnosed hiv pos partner FINALLY had sex with him again.

The ex was the porker, not the porkee so the chances of him catching anything are tiny at best. All safety precautions were taken.

It had been 5 months.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well i am hysterical about it because I have such bad luck that I just know...well anyway I always get the worst outcome and it worries me to no end regarding my past.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information