Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Making miscarriage murder

  1. #16
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,493

    Default

    I get it now! The right's small government schtick is just to get gov't small enough to start wars and pay attention to my uterus. Thank you religious right, I have way too much to do already, I'm glad I have all of you folks to be so very interested in my internal organs.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  2. #17
    Elite Member ManxMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lemuria
    Posts
    7,598

    Default

    Government: "Come on, your lady parts are our business! It's uter-US, not uter-u!"
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

  3. #18
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Government: "Come on, your lady parts are our business! It's uter-US, not uter-u!"
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  4. #19
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    a miscarriage is not an abortion.. if someone causes a miscarriage it is an abortion. Let us not confuse the two. I've had two miscarriages and not because I wanted it to happen.

    If the government Ok's abortion what exactly does that mean? It's the persons right to have an abortion or my taxes pay for that abortion?
    I think it's up to the person and their beliefs, I just don't want my beliefs to become a part of their decision.

    I also don't believe full term abortion is abortion, I think it's murder.

    Isn't it funny (not ha ha funny) when the government supports abortion, then a group of people say your practising genocide for aborting?

    Utah has some odd goings on there.

  5. #20
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    52,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Government: "Come on, your lady parts are our business! It's uter-US, not uter-u!"
    there's no 'i' in 'uterus'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  6. #21
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    New Utah Law Holds Women Criminally Liable for Illegal Abortions - AOL News

    (March 10) -- In Utah, women who seek out illegal abortions can now be charged with criminal homicide.

    Utah Gov. Gary Herbert on Monday signed the controversial law that allows women to be charged "for killing an unborn child."

    The push for the legislation began after a 17-year-old caused an outcry in May when she paid a man $150 to beat her in the stomach in the hopes of ending her pregnancy. A Utah judge said the girl could not be prosecuted because there was no law holding women responsible for the death of their fetus. So Republican state Rep. Carl Wimmer introduced legislation to put an end to such acts, which he has called "heinous."

    -------

    wait -
    As I see it Utah wants women to stop "Illegal abortions" they say nothing about miscarriages or legal abortions. If the woman tries to kill the fetus by heinous acts they want it classified a murder.

    Well not only is it dangerous or fatal for the fetus/baby it is also dangerous or fatal for the woman.

  7. #22
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,493

    Default

    No Peach - they are attempting to criminalize behavior that could lead to a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) which may be a risk to the incubated being. So does that mean a woman who runs? Does that mean having a glass of wine? Does that mean a woman who smokes? Does it mean a woman who drinks coffee? Wears high heals? Misses a doctor's appointment? Drives a stick shift? It's too far reaching. It's an assault on personal liberty and it's massively offensive.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  8. #23
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    No Peach - they are attempting to criminalize behavior that could lead to a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) which may be a risk to the incubated being. So does that mean a woman who runs? Does that mean having a glass of wine? Does that mean a woman who smokes? Does it mean a woman who drinks coffee? Wears high heals? Misses a doctor's appointment? Drives a stick shift? It's too far reaching. It's an assault on personal liberty and it's massively offensive.

    Hi MnM (just wanted to say that ) but their law says, if the woman doesn't use legal means to abort her baby - there was a out cry after a 17 year old tried to rid herself of her pregnancy.

  9. #24
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    18,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    No Peach - they are attempting to criminalize behavior that could lead to a spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) which may be a risk to the incubated being. So does that mean a woman who runs? Does that mean having a glass of wine? Does that mean a woman who smokes? Does it mean a woman who drinks coffee? Wears high heals? Misses a doctor's appointment? Drives a stick shift? It's too far reaching. It's an assault on personal liberty and it's massively offensive.
    And open to insane amounts of abuse by crazy and vindictive people! What kinds of safeguards could you come up with to ensure that innocent women weren't threatened with imprisonment and losing custody of their kids because of the spitefulness of another person?

    Say, for example, you have a M-I-L from hell who has always hated you and you are now pregnant. You take an accidental tumble at home and wind up in hospital for observation. Whackjob M-I-L reports you to the authorities and claims that you deliberately threw yourself about in an attempt to end your pregnancy... WTF are you going to do? How do you prove that you really did trip over the edge of the rug or lost your footing on the stairs? I know that sounds far fetched, but when you think about some of the M-I-L stories out there it isn't that far from the realms of possibility. In the OP it links the case of the woman who was held in jail for two days after a fall on the grounds of attempted infanticide thanks to some fucking nutjob busybodies.

    I'll bet you anything, though, that if the resulting stress from any attempt at securing a prosecution/conviction DID cause a miscarriage or premature labour the state wouldn't be considered liable for the loss of your unborn child.

  10. #25
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    Hi MnM (just wanted to say that ) but their law says, if the woman doesn't use legal means to abort her baby - there was a out cry after a 17 year old tried to rid herself of her pregnancy.
    And hi to you too Peach!! Yes it says that, but "not legal means" is being construed as an unreasonable risk that result in miscarriage, they are not saying that "not legal means" is defined as using some other illegal act to accomplish an illegal abortion. It's the slippery slope of interpretation that offend me. The young girl who inspired the law is a heartbreaking story. Can you imagine being so desperate and having no where to turn that you can only make that decision?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  11. #26
    Gold Member Little Goon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    If this world was really Sim World, and I was playing the game, I would just bulldoze all of Utah and put in a giant park.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

  12. #27
    Elite Member Penny Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Over the hills and far away
    Posts
    21,646

    Default

    Enactment of this bill likely will not result in direct, measurable costs and/or benefits for individuals,
    businesses, or local governments.
    Taken from the Utah House website regarding the fiscal ramifications. So... I have to ask.. who's benefiting from this other than the pea-brained white dudes with a fixation on playing God and controlling women?

  13. #28
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    And hi to you too Peach!! Yes it says that, but "not legal means" is being construed as an unreasonable risk that result in miscarriage, they are not saying that "not legal means" is defined as using some other illegal act to accomplish an illegal abortion. It's the slippery slope of interpretation that offend me. The young girl who inspired the law is a heartbreaking story. Can you imagine being so desperate and having no where to turn that you can only make that decision?

    BUT and here I go again. It seems the law is just to prevent young girls who feel they have no way out from trying to harm themselves. Now if this were another state I wouldn't think twice but this is Utah and I worry that it might have something to do with the Mormon sect who likes their old geezers to marry teens and get them pregnant with loads of tots they don't want.........

    so is Montana as beautiful as they say? We've had snow here 3 times this winter so much for escaping the snow by moving to the south

  14. #29
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,493

    Default

    Ah, I see our disconnect now. The original language of the bill included criminal liability for "reckless" behavior that resulted in a miscarriage. That's the bill that we're all arguing. But, apparently the Utah Governor vetoed that bill and signed a bill that carries potential criminal liability for an illegal abortion.

    Guv signs revised abortion bill - Salt Lake Tribune

    Peach, I can honestly say that Montana fills my soul. There are times that I come around a corner and am just breathless. It's beautiful, but we'd like our snow back please. We've only had one real snow since November. It's sad and will further hurt our economy (not to mention, we'll be short a lot of water this summer). What's funny is that being so far north, that the sun (which we have a lot of and very little humidity) doesn't reach the north side of my house so I still have over a foot of standing snow.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  15. #30
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    support histiocytosis awareness
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Ah, I see our disconnect now. The original language of the bill included criminal liability for "reckless" behavior that resulted in a miscarriage. That's the bill that we're all arguing. But, apparently the Utah Governor vetoed that bill and signed a bill that carries potential criminal liability for an illegal abortion.

    Guv signs revised abortion bill - Salt Lake Tribune

    Peach, I can honestly say that Montana fills my soul. There are times that I come around a corner and am just breathless. It's beautiful, but we'd like our snow back please. We've only had one real snow since November. It's sad and will further hurt our economy (not to mention, we'll be short a lot of water this summer). What's funny is that being so far north, that the sun (which we have a lot of and very little humidity) doesn't reach the north side of my house so I still have over a foot of standing snow.
    I feel like that about Virginia, I'm at peace there. I reside in Georgia but my soul is in Virginia. Thing is your snow countries have such things as sand trucks and snow plows all we've got is Bubba throwing down some buckshot off the front of his pick up truck, holding on to the deer antlers wired onto his grille.

    When I was in high school I wrote a essay for abortion, now I'm older and a mother and I wouldn't think to presume to write such a thing. It's a very serious, life and death, I feel it has to be up to the person and her beliefs. I don't know how you can stop a person from killing themselves or how you could prove in a court of law a miscarriage was or wasn't legal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Celine Dion has a miscarriage?
    By LynnieD in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: November 13th, 2009, 06:47 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 5th, 2008, 07:31 PM
  3. Angelina Jolie has a miscarriage?
    By gossiper in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
  4. Jordan suffers a miscarriage..
    By LynnieD in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 21st, 2006, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •