Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lars Vilks, Muhammad Cartoonist, Attacked During Lecture

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    It would be like slandering fucking Santa Claus.
    and we all know what a prick that fat bastard is.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Seriously. I hope diabetes claims his feet.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Historically mythical, like Jesus or Moses. Said to have existed, no actual proof of such except some chicken scratchings on a cave wall 300 years after they died, written by people who weren't alive when said figure was.

Secondly, you cannot defame, slander or libel a historical/mythical figure because they ARE NOT ALIVE, AROUND, OR EXISTING TO TAKE OFFENSE. People being insulted FOR THEM does not count. Thirdly it targets a mythical figure, Mohammed who is about as real as Jesus, or one of the many avatars of Vishnu. I suppose he could have drawn a picture of Santa Claus but I guess that would have insulted millions of children, who no doubt would react by assaulting or murdering the artist in question?

yes you can defame a historical figure you just cant SUE for defamation because the said figure is not alive and thus their defamation cannot harm them ar cause them loss of work etc. As to whether muhammed was real or not i'm really not going to get into that. Santa claus? seriously? There is no histroy of a man coming down a chimney and bringing people presents and eating their cookies the same with the easter bunny. There is however history that points to santa claus being a distorted image of a man named st nicholas and the easter holiday and it's eggs and bunnies is tied to pagan ideas of eggs= rebirth.

Fourthly.. a group of people? The Swedes? When is the last time the Swedes bombed anybody, 1700 sometime? Is there another "group of people" you're talking about? Also, a perceived threat? So Lars was not actually assaulted? It was a "perceived" assault? How about the other artist that was MURDERED.. i suppose his death was "perceived" too.
    Those that are dominant on the world stage today and have been for the past millenia and feel the need to dictate to the world what they can and cant do. and by percieved threat I mean that everybody would get up in arms about 1 extremist attacking this man like it's some common occurence. Most of the threats against these cartoonist are just threats and very rarely are they carried out. and the thousands of people being killed in the name of freedom and democracy are alot more real than one man who is not a representative of his country or people attacking or murdering another one man. Not to say to say it is not relevant. Also when you said these "murdering retards" who were you refering to. The muslims in canada, the west in the muslim world?
    You can say what you please on this forum, unless you attack another poster personally, or exhibit classic racist, homophobic, xenophobic tendencies... you know, bigotry towards aspects of people that they cannot change.
    so if I someone states their opinions impersonally would it be ok because white supremists and homophobics can hide their intolernace and xenophobia under the guise of freedom of speech state their prejudice in a generalized manner.
    Religion is a choice, people change that all the time. It is not the same as skin color.

Sorry your religion was insulted, but get the fuck over it or convert to another one. Call it a choice.
    I dont agree with these cartoons and i'm free to state I dont and you are free to believe what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by minime7 View Post
    Most of the threats against these cartoonist are just threats and very rarely are they carried out.
    Theo Van Gogh might beg to differ. Except he's dead.

Those that are dominant on the world stage today and have been for the past millenia and feel the need to dictate to the world what they can and cant do. .
    And of course, religious fanatics would never dictate what one can and can't do......they're all so tolerant.

and by percieved threat I mean that everybody would get up in arms about 1 extremist attacking this man like it's some common occurence.
    Occurances like this have become all too common, from fanatics of all faths. (except the Protestants- their fanatics are slacking)
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; May 17th, 2010 at 09:12 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

yes you can defame a historical figure you just cant SUE for defamation because the said figure is not alive and thus their defamation cannot harm them ar cause them loss of work etc.
    As it applies in law, no, you can't. It's unactionable. You cannot seek legal action against someone who paints a historical or mythical person in a negative light UNLESS you are a direct blood relation.. and even THAT is sketchy at best.

Therefore the legal application of slander or libel is not applicable.

As to whether muhammed was real or not i'm really not going to get into that.
    Really? Why not? It's one of the lynchpins of slander/libel.

Santa claus? seriously? There is no histroy of a man coming down a chimney and bringing people presents and eating their cookies the same with the easter bunny. There is however history that points to santa claus being a distorted image of a man named st nicholas and the easter holiday and it's eggs and bunnies is tied to pagan ideas of eggs= rebirth.
    Mmhmm... and if you try to sue for the "slander" or "libel" ol St. Nicholas or the Easter Bunny, you'll end up with a big plate full of chocolate easter FAIL. Same thing applies with religion.

Those that are dominant on the world stage today and have been for the past millenia and feel the need to dictate to the world what they can and cant do.
    The Illuminati? The Masons? Who is this evil shadowy group to which you refer?

Also, people dictating to the world what they can and can't do? That sounds familiar.. almost 'crazy muslim attacking a swede for doing something they disliked' familiar..

and by percieved threat I mean that everybody would get up in arms about 1 extremist attacking this man like it's some common occurence.

Hrm.. Lars.. the other artist that was murdered.. salman rushdie... a number of others across the globe...

Most of the threats against these cartoonist are just threats and very rarely are they carried out.
    Except when they are and people are assaulted and die.

and the thousands of people being killed in the name of freedom and democracy are alot more real than one man who is not a representative of his country or people attacking or murdering another one man.
    Wtf does that have to do with an old Swedish guy getting headbutted? Nothing. It has no bearing on the topic whatsoever.

Not to say to say it is not relevant.
    It's not.

Also when you said these "murdering retards" who were you refering to. The muslims in canada, the west in the muslim world?[/B]
    No, the murdering retards who MURDER people because someone drew a cartoon they disliked. Those are murdering retards, are they not?

so if I someone states their opinions impersonally would it be ok because white supremists and homophobics can hide their intolernace and xenophobia under the guise of freedom of speech state their prejudice in a generalized manner.
    Read again: You can say what you please on this forum, unless you attack another poster personally, or exhibit classic racist, homophobic, xenophobic tendencies... you know, bigotry towards aspects of people that they cannot change.

I dont agree with these cartoons and i'm free to state I dont and you are free to believe what you want.
    Disagree all you want. When you start assaulting and murdering people because of it, then we'll have a problem.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Hey minime take your supposed libel and slander to a court of law. Lawyers not bombs, peace and what not. JFC, this thread cannot be real.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Bronze Member

As it applies in law, no, you can't. It's unactionable. You cannot seek legal action against someone who paints a historical or mythical person in a negative light UNLESS you are a direct blood relation.. and even THAT is sketchy at best.

Therefore the legal application of slander or libel is not applicable.
    which is what I said. "you just cant SUE for defamation because the said figure is not alive and thus their defamation cannot harm them our cause them loss of work etc." that does not mean that the said figure cannot be defamed.

Mmhmm... and if you try to sue for the "slander" or "libel" ol St. Nicholas or the Easter Bunny, you'll end up with a big plate full of chocolate easter FAIL. Same thing applies with religion.
    you stated mythological figure and based your argument on santa claus. I merely pointed out that santa claus a non existent and mythological entity cannot be compared to a historical figure. Maybe saint nicholas who was real but not santa claus. Bad comparison.
    The Illuminati? The Masons? Who is this evil shadowy group to which you refer?

Also, people dictating to the world what they can and can't do? That sounds familiar.. almost 'crazy muslim attacking a swede for doing something they disliked' familiar..
    I was not refering to the illuminati or the free masons I was obviously refering to Jay z and roc-a-fella...
    Hrm.. Lars.. the other artist that was murdered.. salman rushdie... a number of others across the globe...
    salman rushdie was murdered? Like I stated before I dont agree with violence bit I also dont agree with the deliberate bullying and targeting of muslims particularly in this era where muslims are the other. When other groups are targeted and every group is on equal footing then I will take it seriously until then it's islamophobia not freedom of speech.
    Wtf does that have to do with an old Swedish guy getting headbutted? Nothing. It has no bearing on the topic whatsoever.\
    Everything why dont people get bent out of shape about that?
    arent you creating the extremists. Muslims are attacked because of a minority such as this guy who attacked this cartoonist yet when governments are invading and killing thousands under democracy, secularism and western values nobody cares. Why are they exempt?

It's not.
    ?
    No, the murdering retards who MURDER people because someone drew a cartoon they disliked. Those are murdering retards, are they not?
    yes they are

Read again: You can say what you please on this forum, unless you attack another poster personally, or exhibit classic racist, homophobic, xenophobic tendencies... you know, bigotry towards aspects of people that they cannot change.
    ok

Disagree all you want. When you start assaulting and murdering people because of it, then we'll have a problem.
    Which was what I was doing.

It's not islamophobia when they're proven right by threats, assault and murder over something as innocuous as a cartoon.

Also, again you're using this "you" group.. "you" are creating extremists, "you" are doing this, "you" are doing that. Who the fuck is "YOU". Just come out and say it, and get it over with.

AGAIN, the topic is an old Swedish guy getting assaulted for a cartoon he drew, not what various governments do.. and in any case, hundreds of thousands marched, protested, argued, and boycotted what the hell was going on in Iraq, Afghanistan and otherwise. They still do. Turns out all that didn't work.

I didn't see a hell of a lot of people in that general area protesting in favor of Theo Van Goghs freedom of speech... i DID see a shit-ton of them rallying and calling for his head and jihad. Explain that away.

Lastly, cartoons, satire and mockery don't create extremists. Deformed minds and twisted ideology do.

Fer Christ's sake, using the quote button is not that difficult.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeChayz View Post
    Fer Christ's sake, using the quote button is not that difficult.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

St. Nicholas is totally real, okay... no one better tell my son otherwise or you might get a lolsuit or attacked at a public speaking.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I'm all for freedom of speech but this guy bugs me. He likes the attention and wants to provoke... it's getting old and it's not art anymore.

I don't know much about islam but I'm pretty sure Allah wouldn't like it if some moron jumped Lars and killed him.
    "Well isn't that special"

Art doesn't stop being art because 1 person thinks it's getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Art doesn't stop being art because 1 person thinks it's getting old
    True... but I won't be sad or surprised if someone kills him. (I'm tired and grumpy today)
    "Well isn't that special"

I never understood why it was so serious if someone parodied Muhammed. Im a Christian, if someone mocks Jesus I may get offended and look away or may laugh along. Sometimes Family Guy does some amusing ones but theyve been getting stupid. South Park, man theyve been trying to annoy everyone since Day One. Theres always the option to just not look. If all the other religions arent rioting and threatening to kill, why are they?

I mean really, is it that serious? Must someone die over a picture? Maybe Im missing something here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information