Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Klu Klux Klan endorses Barack Obama

Nope, don't you know about the one drop rule? Plus they think he is Muslim, so they really hate him (as if being Muslim is synonymous with terrorism).

Yeah, I know about the 'one drop rule.' And he's light enough to pass the 'brown paper bag test,' so they might not mind too much.

I hope at the end of his four years, he grows a big afro, throws the fist in the air just for fucks sake.

what's the "one drop rule"?

One-drop rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The one-drop rule is an historical colloquial term in the United States that holds that a person with any trace of sub-Saharan ancestry (however small or invisible) cannot be considered white[1] and so unless the person has an alternative non-white ancestry that he or she can claim, such as Native American, Asian, Arab, Australian aboriginal, the person must be considered black.

The KKK kicked up a big fuss years back in St. Louis, they wanted to adopt a highway - you know, one of those social programs that allows any group to adopt a highway and keep it clean? Well, of course it drew outrage and people started protesting. They took it to court and IIRC they allowed them to adopt the highway (because it was unconstitutional to refuse them) and then their sign was defaced and torn down so much and people started dumping buckets of trash on the highway, that they rescinded, and another group took over. It was actually funny that they thought they would receive any support at all.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    The KKK kicked up a big fuss years back in St. Louis, they wanted to adopt a highway - you know, one of those social programs that allows any group to adopt a highway and keep it clean? Well, of course it drew outrage and people started protesting. They took it to court and IIRC they allowed them to adopt the highway (because it was unconstitutional to refuse them) and then their sign was defaced and torn down so much and people started dumping buckets of trash on the highway, that they rescinded, and another group took over. It was actually funny that they thought they would receive any support at all.
    Yeah, I remember when they adopted the highway, because they tried to claim that they were a civil rights/social organization. From cross-burning to adopting highways. How the not-so-mighty have fallen. That was classic.

Yeah I was in St. Louis then (its my hometown) and it was huge, all over the papers. It was kind of funny because up until that point the KKK was a non-entity, I had never even known they had a "chapter" in St. Louis. They have since faded into obscurity. They had a little rally, but it didn't draw many Klan members. Funny because it did draw a lot of angry crowds.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I can't remember which neighborhood, but the klan tried to do some stupid march of theirs and the neighbors wasn't having it, so they came out as clowns and mocking them. It was really funny.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information