Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Israel says Iran is 1938 Germany and Ahmadinejad is Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ... oh god now you're trotting out the nazi analogies!

WHEN WILL THE INSANITY END! lol
    OMG..it is like a virus..it is catching.....
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

All I have to say about this is that there is ONLY ONE SINGLE COUNTRY that has ever used a nuclear weapon against another country. And now they're the nuclear police who decide who gets to have one and go around accusing other countires of being nuclear threats? That sure makes a lot of sense.
    There are countries such as US and France that have conducted nuclear testing usually in Pacific Island/Polynesian areas which have effected the environment (contaminated fish/water) and people's health, saw a documentary on Marshall Islands people once, a lot of them had leukemia or other types of cancers. I think that's almost as bad as actually dropping nuclear weapons to harm people in wars.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    There are countries such as US and France that have conducted nuclear testing usually in Pacific Island/Polynesian areas which have effected the environment (contaminated fish/water) and people's health, saw a documentary on Marshall Islands people once, a lot of them had leukemia or other types of cancers. I think that's almost as bad as actually dropping nuclear weapons to harm people in wars.
    That's absolutely terrible too, but I don't think you can compare the two. Atrocities against the environment are commited all the time by countries, companies, and the careless individual, and sadly go largely unnoticed-until the accumulative effect comes back to bite us all in the ass. But dropping nuclear bombs on two civilian cities, that's a whole other category of atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    That's absolutely terrible too, but I don't think you can compare the two. Atrocities against the environment are commited all the time by countries, companies, and the careless individual, and sadly go largely unnoticed-until the accumulative effect comes back to bite us all in the ass. But dropping nuclear bombs on two civilian cities, that's a whole other category of atrocity.
    Why is dropping nuclear bombs so horrible as compared to conventional bombing? More people were killed in one night of conventional bombing of Tokyo in March 1945 than in the Hiroshima attack. Almost as many civilians died in the initial bombing of Stalingrad by the Germans..4 times as many German civilians died from conventional bombing of German cities in WW2 by the US, UK, and Russia than died from BOTH atomic bombings.. what makes the atomic bombings so special an atrocity than conventional bombings that killed more? Or other atrocities like Japanese soldiers murdering as many civilians in the battle for Manila as died in Hiroshima? Or the Germans starving, bombing, and shelling to death over five times as many people in Leningrad?

Fact is there was an ARMS RACE going on at the time to develop nuclear weapons and do you think the Japanese or Germans or Russians would have hesitated to use them if they had developed them first? German atrocites(the Holocaust) Russian Atrocities(invasion/occupation of Germany..treatment of Ukranians, etc) Japanese atrocities(against the Chinese at Nanking, the Filipinos at Manila,etc) killed more people than any US atrocites, even if you include the atomic bombings as atrocities. A little balance and fairness and perspective is called for. Just about ALL of the nations involved engaged in heinous atrocites , acts of killings and brought about massive civilian casualites. It was a very nasty and bloody war. And hopefully we will NEVER see anything that bad again!

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    At least the US eventually stopped when real dangers of radiation were well known. The French have never stopped. And the Russians also completely ruined areas of Uzbekistan(Semipalatinsk area) and the island of Novaya Zemlya...And don't tell me the Chinese have not dirtied any areas with their tests..of course they are such a closed society we cannot even document what happened there. And when it comes to contaminated fish/water I can think of a much much worse example with even worse consequences-one word: MINIMATA.

Also I want to include that there were believed to be hundreds if not thousands of cases of cancer that occurred in the US because of the atomic bombing testing in Nevada during the 40's, 50's. Especially alot fo thyroid cancer I believe. I have seen reports that state that thousands of Americans died of cancers that they would never have gotten if it had not been for the testing.

I swear I get so sick of the rabid AntiAmericanism on this board..*hrumpph!!! *even though I do allow myself to pick on the French.. *

Edit..if this is coming across as too rabid..it is because I just drank some coffee that was WAY too strong and I am WIRED!!! (sorry)
    Last edited by Sojiita; November 15th, 2006 at 07:09 PM.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I didn't mean to single out the US Sojiita.
    France was about to do another nuclear testing in one of their former colony islands when I was living in NZ, good thing I left in time
    I'm sure China does some testing and has supported N. Korea's in some way as well. And Japan cannot always play the victim that 2 A-bombs were dropped there, they had their own atrocities in Asia during the war, e.g. using humans in bio-chemical testing in China.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information