Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Attacks Unarmed Aid Flotilla in International Waters, Several Dead

Hit By Ban Bus!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmDjAu0DSiM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8V2DznyRew&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Looks like contents of a toolbox and kitchen knives, a screwdriver, knife sharpener and a scarf. There's a handle from a paint roller for crying out loud. You could really take over a country with these deadly weapons.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

The propaganda to defend this is just mindblowing!

One of the witnesses on the Flotilla was an MP in the Knessit! So is Israel saying one of their elected MP's are liars?

(CNN) -- Some of the first accounts emerged Tuesday from eyewitnesses who were aboard several boats stormed by Israeli forces as they approached Gaza the day before.
    Hanin Zoabi, a member of the Israeli parliament, was on board the Miva Marmara, the ship that was the scene of a confrontation between activists and Israeli soldiers. That clash left at least nine people dead.
    The Israeli Navy fired on the ships five minutes before commandos descended from ropes that dangled from helicopters, Zoabi said during a press conference in Nazareth, Israel. She said passengers on board the ship were unarmed. Israel has said its forces found several weapons among the passengers on the Miva Marmara. Israel also has said that its forces started shooting after passengers on the Miva Marmara assaulted them.
    Zoabi said the military operation lasted about an hour and that she saw five dead bodies in that time.
    She urged Israeli authorities to investigate and to let the news media interview passengers who have been detained.
    Zoabi said she believes Israel has video footage of how the ten passengers were killed, and she called on Israeli authorities to release that footage.

Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has said that of the six ships in the flotilla, the people prepared an ambush on one, a reference to the Turkish ship. But on the other five, "the people got off without a scratch."
    Huwaida Arraf, one of the Free Gaza Movement organizers, told CNN Israeli troops roughed her up when they responded aggressively to her ship, a smaller one in the flotilla that was near the Turkish vessel where the casualties occurred.
    "They started coming after our ship," she told CNN, "so we took off and they charged us also. Eventually, they overtook our ship and they used concussion grenades, sound bombs and pellets."
    She said the people on her ship tried to keep them off. She said they were told the vessel was American and the people aboard were unarmed.
    But, she said "they started beating people. My head was smashed against the ground and they stepped on my head. They later cuffed me and put a bag over my head. They did that to everybody."
    Her account could not be independently verified.

Also I caught a report on another site saying an ex member of Mossad claiming this action was stupid. There was peaceful means to avoid this but its not the current government's agenda. They are starving 1.5 million people and Gaza is a ghetto/prison. And I am with Grim- I hope the Turks kick ass because this situation is getting beyond untenable.

Eyewitnesses recount Israel flotilla raid - CNN.com

I see a an electric drill... scary.

There is only one REAL weapon there, and that's the long Sikh looking Kirpan knife. The rest of the blades are butchering blades from the galley.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    The propaganda to defend this is just mindblowing!

One of the witnesses on the Flotilla was an MP in the Knessit! So is Israel saying one of their elected MP's are liars?

Also I caught a report on another site saying an ex member of Mossad claiming this action was stupid. There was peaceful means to avoid this but its not the current government's agenda. They are starving 1.5 million people and Gaza is a ghetto/prison. And I am with Grim- I hope the Turks kick ass because this situation is getting beyond untenable.

Eyewitnesses recount Israel flotilla raid - CNN.com
    They are doing EVERYTHING possible, including piracy and slaughter of aid workers, to prevent witnesses from entering Gaza and reporting back to the whole world the horrific devastation and deaths of the besieged and starving Palestinians. What if pictures of all those dead babies got out to the world? I guess they thought it was better PR-wise to attack the ships than to allow the truth to get out about conditions in Gaza. Now that's saying something right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I see a an electric drill... scary.

There is only one REAL weapon there, and that's the long Sikh looking Kirpan knife. The rest of the blades are butchering blades from the galley.
    Even if they had a cache of semi-automatic weapons they were perfectly within their rights to defend themselves from an unprovoked attack in international waters. However, I am glad they did not have such weapons because the lack of them only further highlights the immorality and venality of the Israeli State.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Get a better picture of it and see that the blade looks dulled.
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Silver Member

Nary a mention on the news. Fucking disgusting.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Irish aid ship expects Israelis to board vessel

An Irish woman onboard a ship carrying aid to Gaza has said the crew expects Israeli forces to board the vessel.

Jenny Graham is travelling on the Irish ship MV Rachel Corrie which is about two days from Gaza.

Israel deported 124 foreign activists detained after Monday's raid on an aid flotilla in which nine people were killed.

They died after armed Israeli commandos boarded the largest of the six ships.

Israel claimed its soldiers were shot at; the activists said Israeli troops came on board shooting.

Despite the deaths, the boat, the Rachel Corrie, which left Dundalk about three weeks ago, is still pressing ahead to breach the Israeli blockade of Gaza.

Crew member, Jenny Graham said those onboard sat down regularly and spoke about what they will do and what may happen.

"We have made sure that everybody in the world knows that it's a fact that all of us onboard are unarmed.

"We're all either activists or journalists or crew members on the cargo ship.

"There is nothing untoward onboard this ship. We will not cause any confrontation on board this ship.

"All we have ever asked for, is safe passage into Gaza."

Mairead Corrigan Maguire - a Nobel peace prizewinner - is also onboard.

Civil rights lawyer Michael Mansfield QC said he is concerned, both for her safety and the safety of all of those on board the Irish ship.

Mr Mansfield also criticised the governments of all those on board the flotilla for being slow to speak out.

"The Irish government are right to be saying something," he said.

"The blockade of Gaza, as Hilary Clinton has said, is unsustainable. It is another feature of the way in which Israel is slowly becoming a rogue state."

Taoiseach Brian Cowen earlier warned of "serious consequences" if any of the Irish citizens detained in Israel were harmed, and called for their immediate and unconditional release.

At least nine civilian activists were killed after armed forces boarded the largest vessel carrying aid to the Gaza Strip.

The activists were attempting to defy a blockade imposed by Israel after the Islamist movement Hamas took power in Gaza in 2007.

TV footage appeared to show injuries on board the ship Ms Maguire told BBC Radio Ulster on Tuesday: "I hope that we will be able to get to Gaza and bring in humanitatian aid.

"The ports have been closed for over 40 years. It's not so much that we get in, it is that the people of Gaza cannot get out.

"You have 1.5m people, it's like the population of Northern Ireland totally cut off from the world by this inhumane, illegal siege of Gaza."

Demonstrations against the Israeli actions were held in Belfast and Londonderry on Monday.

Irish Foreign Minister Micheal Martin met Israeli ambassador Dr Zion Evrony on Monday after summoning him to explain what happened.

Dr Evrony said he regretted the loss of life and that Israel had hoped the incident would end peacefully.

He said he was neither ashamed nor embarrassed by what happened.

International waters

The incident happened about 40 miles (64 km) out to sea, in international waters.

The six-ship flotilla, carrying 10,000 tonnes of aid, left the coast of Cyprus on Sunday and had been due to arrive in Gaza on Monday.

Organisers of the flotilla said at least 30 people were wounded in the incident. Israel says 10 of its soldiers were injured, one seriously.

Israel had repeatedly said it would stop the boats, calling the campaign a "provocation intended to delegitimise Israel".

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the United Nations has said this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

BBC News - Irish aid ship expects Israelis to board vessel

Israel had repeatedly said it would stop the boats, calling the campaign a "provocation intended to delegitimise Israel"
    Your blockade of Gaza IS illegitimate, not your state. Naturally Israel relies on the tried and true "If you criticize anything we do, you're an antisemite and want us destroyed!" card.

God that's tired.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Netanyahu Rejects Gaza Criticism as UN Calls for Investigation

By Jonathan Ferziger and William Varner

June 2 (Bloomberg) -- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said criticism of Israel’s raid against a Gaza aid shipment that left nine dead was “hypocrisy,” after the United Nations Human Rights Council voted to authorize an international probe.

“Israel is told it has the right to defend itself, but when we do exercise that right we’re condemned for it,” Netanyahu said in a nationally televised address in Jerusalem. “Israel should not be held to a double standard.”

more at link

such bullshit is sickening.

Like most things in the ceaseless Israeli/Palestinian conflict, both sides here are in the wrong.

The flotilla had made it known that they intended to circumvent the blockade. Israel completely overreacted, as they usually do. But it could have been much worse- ships that try to run a blockade are often sunk.

The Israeli's said beforehand that they would take action- the flotilla wanted them to. If you place yourself in harms way, sometimes you get harmed. It's a chance you take. It's not like we don't have Israel's past actions to look upon as a guide to what they will do.

If it was simply a matter of letting the Palestinians have aid, the flotilla would have docked at Ashdod. But this isn't about helping the suffering Palestinians, is it? It's about making a statement.

The poor Palestinians are always being used to make a statement, but no one really gives a shit what happens to them. They just use them for their own purposes. That's the real tragedy.

There should be an impartial investigation similar to the one conducted after the Gaza invasion. It will show who was at fault and in my view both sides will end up with some blame.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Like most things in the ceaseless Israeli/Palestinian conflict, both sides here are in the wrong.

The flotilla had made it known that they intended to circumvent the blockade. Israel completely overreacted, as they usually do. But it could have been much worse- ships that try to run a blockade are often sunk.

The Israeli's said beforehand that they would take action- the flotilla wanted them to. If you place yourself in harms way, sometimes you get harmed. It's a chance you take. It's not like we don't have Israel's past actions to look upon as a guide to what they will do.

If it was simply a matter of letting the Palestinians have aid, the flotilla would have docked at Ashdod. But this isn't about helping the suffering Palestinians, is it? It's about making a statement.

The poor Palestinians are always being used to make a statement, but no one really gives a shit what happens to them. They just use them for their own purposes. That's the real tragedy.

There should be an impartial investigation similar to the one conducted after the Gaza invasion. It will show who was at fault and in my view both sides will end up with some blame.
    I do not agree at all. Literally TONS of food, medicine, and building materials is much more than a mere 'statement'. Now, the people who were on those ships did know the risks, certainly, and did indeed mean to make a statement with their presence, but that is how it is done when a situation is desperate--by 'putting their bodies on the line'--which the Irish ship the MV Rachel Corrie is also now doing-- they showed a deep and passionate committment to the cause and they are completely blameless in this incident and most definitely hold the moral high ground here, unquestionably.

1) Hand over aid and medicine to the illegally occupying power that is strangling access to those very items? Yeah, that'll work.

2) The Israelis could have boarded the ships WITHIN THEIR TERRITORIAL LIMITS, but instead chose to act in international waters, in contravention of international law, in an act of murderous piracy that saw 19 people killed.

If the intention was to goad Israel into making a boneheaded move in order to help end the illegal and brutal occupation of Gaza, then mission accomplished. Now the whole world is focused. I seriously doubt many people on said aid flotilla seriously thought Israel would act THIS stupidly, a ridiculous and deadly overreaction.

The point HAS to be made though. Israel has no right here. Naval blockades are an act of war. It wasn't in self-defense or endorsed by the UN Security Council, and it was outside of blockade range. It was a non-military ship with non-military personnel carrying humanitarian aid. And they KILLED the passengers. Israel always thinks it's above the law and can do whatever it wants, and sickeningly they are almost always right. They usually get off with a little slap on the wrist. The situation in Gaza is one of the sickest acts of human cruelty one can impose. And I love that we just accept on face value that Israel says it allows a small amount of humanitarian aid in (much less than the UN says they need), while all signs point to the contrary. They are systematically destroying an entire group of people, yet no one seems to care. I personally find it amazing that someone stepped up and made it their mission to bring aid in, risking life and limb, knowing that Israel is an overzealous bully and will kill anyone who comes close.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    The point HAS to be made though. Israel has no right here. Naval blockades are an act of war. It wasn't in self-defense or endorsed by the UN Security Council, and it was outside of blockade range. It was a non-military ship with non-military personnel carrying humanitarian aid. And they KILLED the passengers. Israel always thinks it's above the law and can do whatever it wants, and sickeningly they are almost always right. They usually get off with a little slap on the wrist. The situation in Gaza is one of the sickest acts of human cruelty one can impose. And I love that we just accept on face value that Israel says it allows a small amount of humanitarian aid in (much less than the UN says they need), while all signs point to the contrary. They are systematically destroying an entire group of people, yet no one seems to care. I personally find it amazing that someone stepped up and made it their mission to bring aid in, risking life and limb, knowing that Israel is an overzealous bully and will kill anyone who comes close.
    Let's just call it what it is: a HOLOCAUST.

what ever happened to 'never again'?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information