Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Attacks Unarmed Aid Flotilla in International Waters, Several Dead

The Likudnik part isn't namecalling. It's pretty much like calling someone a Republican or a right-winger.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    Audio: IDF soldiers warn flotilla vessels they are nearing area under naval blockade, latter respond with anti-Semitic slurs
    Ynet

P{margin:0;} UL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 16; padding-right:0;} OL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 32; padding-right:0;} H3.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;margin-top:0px;} P.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;}</B>The IDF released on Friday an audio reproduction of the moments before Monday's raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

In it, the soldiers can be heard warning the flotilla that its vessels are nearing an area under naval blockade. They are answered by calls of "Go back to Auschwitz" and "Don't forget 9/11 guys".
    http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...899131,00.html

YouTube - Mavi Marmara to Israeli Navy: "We're Helping Arabs Go Against the US, Don't Forget 9/11 Guys"

YouTube - Flotilla Passenger: "I Want to Be a Shahid (Martyr)"
    Oh, piss off. It was in international waters. And yo know what? There are tons of people screaming that this was all about making a point. You know what? It was. Because without this no one would be giving any attention to the apartheid that is going on in the Gaza Strip. So fuck you and anyone who wants to defend what the Israeli government is doing there. The snext ship arrives tomorrow. How many more people wil they kill? And then the next hips that are being readied? Will they kill some of them as well? Israel needs to bloody well stop acting like they are impervious. They are not. They ned to respect international law and they also need to act like human beings and stop treating the occupied territories--Yes, the OCCUPIED TERRITORIES--like they are somehow lesser human beings. I wish we had a Sun City to protest against, or something along those lines. And seriously, if anyone says this is an anti-semetic point of view I will remind them that Jews and Arabs are BOTH semites to fuck right off.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The Likudnik part isn't namecalling. It's pretty much like calling someone a Republican or a right-winger.
    The 'Zionist' part is.
    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Oh, piss off. It was in international waters. And yo know what? There are tons of people screaming that this was all about making a point. You know what? It was. Because without this no one would be giving any attention to the apartheid that is going on in the Gaza Strip. So fuck you and anyone who wants to defend what the Israeli government is doing there. The snext ship arrives tomorrow. How many more people wil they kill? And then the next hips that are being readied? Will they kill some of them as well? Israel needs to bloody well stop acting like they are impervious. They are not. They ned to respect international law and they also need to act like human beings and stop treating the occupied territories--Yes, the OCCUPIED TERRITORIES--like they are somehow lesser human beings. I wish we had a Sun City to protest against, or something along those lines. And seriously, if anyone says this is an anti-semetic point of view I will remind them that Jews and Arabs are BOTH semites to fuck right off.
    Way to encourage discussion and varying viewpoints, Butt. And nice to tell a poster to piss off. What is wrong with you?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Sixty generations ago, the same cast of characters engaged in exactly the same obsessive, vicious, and fatal behavior for the same terrifying reasons on the same cursed, reeking, ugly chunk of land. Only the weapons have grown more advanced. It's not even about religion. This endless fractionalization in the Middle East existed centuries before Islam. It's tribal, and perennial, and neither colonial subjugation or local autonomy suffices to keep the peace.

ETA: Part of the reason that we will never have peace is that people seem to have trouble even discussing this issue without growing heated. The web is full of impassioned arguments on every site I've seen, from both sides of the issue. And if people without a personal stake at various websites can't have a rational discussion, how would the principals manage to do so?
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; June 4th, 2010 at 07:29 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

"Zionist" is not a personal attack, get real.

Zionism Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a nationalist[1] Jewish political movement that, in its broadest sense, calls for the self-determination of the Jewish people and a sovereign, Jewish national homeland.[2] Since the establishment of the State of Israel, the Zionist movement continues primarily to support and advocate on behalf of the Jewish state.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    Audio: IDF soldiers warn flotilla vessels they are nearing area under naval blockade, latter respond with anti-Semitic slurs
    Ynet

P{margin:0;} UL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 16; padding-right:0;} OL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 32; padding-right:0;} H3.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;margin-top:0px;} P.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;}</B>The IDF released on Friday an audio reproduction of the moments before Monday's raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

In it, the soldiers can be heard warning the flotilla that its vessels are nearing an area under naval blockade. They are answered by calls of "Go back to Auschwitz" and "Don't forget 9/11 guys".
    http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...899131,00.html

YouTube - Mavi Marmara to Israeli Navy: "We're Helping Arabs Go Against the US, Don't Forget 9/11 Guys"

YouTube - Flotilla Passenger: "I Want to Be a Shahid (Martyr)"
    IDF Releases Apparently Doctored Flotilla Audio; Press Reports As Fact

On 06.04.10, By Max

The IDF’s propaganda is getting stupider and stupider, and the media is enthusiastically playing along. This audio, which purports to show flotilla passengers telling the IDF to “go back to Auschwitz,” appears to have been doctored by the rosh katan at the IDF General Press Office.
    The clip originally released by the IDF on May 31 of its exchange with the Mavi Marmara, which is featured below, shows the IDF warning the ship’s crew, “Mavi Marmara, you are appproaching an area of hostility which is under a naval blockade. The Gaza area coastal region and Gaza harbor are closed to all maritime traffic…” The Mavi Marmara responded to the IDF’s warning: “Negative, negative. Our destination is Gaza. Our destination is Gaza.” There was no reference to Auschwitz in the video the IDF released on May 31.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKOmLP4yHb4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    The original video released by the IDF on May 31

On June 4, the IDF released apparently doctored audio of its exchange with the Mavi Marmara. The clip the IDF released featured the same imagery from its previous clip, but the voice of the Israeli Navy dispatcher was dramatically different. And the reply from the Mavi Marmara sounded like an impersonation of an Arab by a mentally challenged pre-adolescent (both videos are still on the IDF’s YouTube channel even though they completely contradict each other).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxY7Q7CvQPQ&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    The video apparently doctored by the IDF, released on June 4

Further, the IDF is claiming its “Aushwitz” audio is from the Mavi Marmara. Yet it includes a recording of Huwaida Arraf saying “we have permission from the Gaza port authority to enter.” Huwaida has confirmed to the Institute For Middle East Understanding that her voice appeared in the apparently doctored clip. Unfortunately for the IDF, Huwaida was on the Challenger One, not the Mavi Marmara. How can the IDF account for this inconvenient discrepancy?
    The Israeli daily, Yedioth Ahronot, which means “latest news,” are in fact the latest idiots. They’ve reported the apparently doctored audio clip as fact. And so has Haaretz. Neither outlet made any effort to investigate the veracity of the IDF’s claims.
    Either the mayor of Chelm is in charge of the IDF Press Office, or the Israeli military has something very ugly to hide.

IDF Releases Apparently Doctored Flotilla Audio; Press Reports As Fact

^ Surprise.

Pretty sure we called that one.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post

The U.S. will always support Israel because of THE BIBLE. That's it in a nutshell. Those rabid right wing Bible thumpers would revolt if we ever went against Israel, that would mean the end of the world. Even the White House just admitted that they have to choose their words carefully when it comes to Israel because they walk on eggshells around the population of the U.S. here who are rabid about defending them. We are all puppets. My mom always says "God must protect Israel because they are surrounded by a group that hates them." Really, ma? Why do you think they are so hated? I can't think of a reason why, they are always such victims! Nevertheless, she believes that if we were to abandon them they would be wiped off the map and Jesus Christ would be coming back for our heads. She's NOT alone. I hate, hate, hate that we participate in a holy war without anyone caring. I hate that my tax dollars goes towards massive military aid towards Israel that is used to kill innocent civilians. In many ways, I feel like the blood is on my hands as well, I feel so freaking helpless about this situation.
    EXACTLY! How many times did I hear this shit spewed in my churchy days? Over & over--"god's chosen people" "god himself gave them that land" "our responsibility....blah blah blah..."
    “The thing that attracts people to “The Sopranos” is the family element. It shows that America still has a longing for that traditional upbringing.” Christine O'Donnell

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    "Zionist" is not a personal attack, get real.

Zionism Hebrew: ציונות‎, Tsiyonut) is a nationalist[1] Jewish political movement that, in its broadest sense, calls for the self-determination of the Jewish people and a sovereign, Jewish national homeland.[2] Since the establishment of the State of Israel, the Zionist movement continues primarily to support and advocate on behalf of the Jewish state.
    You were actually tame compared to Butt's rant, but it is still name calling and was said as such to a poster, not about what a poster posted or said. I just wish people would attack the argument/post that was put out, rather than attack the poster.

So fuck you and anyone who wants to defend what the Israeli government is doing there.
    Now that is ridiculous and I am ashamed for Butt for sinking to this level.

I am an Israel supporter(as I have stated), but I do not necessarily support everything they do. I am not defending this situation, because it is not defensible IMO. But maybe someone else sees it differently(like Marie) and just because of that she is basically demonized, made fun of, etc. You all have done a good job of attacking what she posted-great. Why. attack. her.??

And at the same time I am not amused to see people saying that Israel is conducting a 'holocaust'(I find saying that to be horrific-I can't remember who said it) but I am not going to attack them for saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    You were actually tame compared to Butt's rant, but it is still name calling and was said as such to a poster, not about what a poster posted or said. I just wish people would attack the argument/post that was put out, rather than attack the poster.
    It's not an attack, it was a label. Like Mohandas said, like calling someone a right wing republican.

Now that is ridiculous and I am ashamed for Butt for sinking to this level.
    Eh, that's your deal with her.

I am an Israel supporter(as I have stated), but I do not necessarily support everything they do. I am not defending this situation, because it is not defensible IMO. But maybe someone else sees it differently(like Marie) and just because of that she is basically demonized, made fun of, etc. You all have done a good job of attacking what she posted-great. Why. attack. her.??
    It's one thing to have a different opinion. It's another to do a drive by propaganda bombing and not even stick around to discuss, elaborate on, or defend it especially when it's proven to be totally bunk and a lie soon after.

And at the same time I am not amused to see people saying that Israel is conducting a 'holocaust'(I find saying that to be horrific-I can't remember who said it) but I am not going to attack them for saying it.
    What do you call starving 1.5 million people to death?

Try to keep it civil or the thread is getting closed. Disagree with the opinion, don't tell the poster to fuck off.

Zionist isn't as offensive as you are making it Soj, it really is more of a label. And that's coming from my Hebrew school education that tried to tell me that Israel is always right, no matter what.

What do you call starving 1.5 million people to death?
    When Israel goes about the planned and systematic destruction of 40 percent of the World's Islamic population, then I will use the word 'Holocaust"

And I do not believe 1.5 million people are 'starving to death', although I acknowledge the great suffering and deprivation going on and would like to see that suffering and deprivation ended. And I know lives have been lost and the situation is horrific, but it is not a 'holocaust' and the use of the word applied to this situation, given what happened to the Jews 65-70 years ago is outrageous. JMHO.

*puts on his best Israeli hat*

Any criticism of the actions of the state of Israel are automatically anti semitic.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    When Israel goes about the planned and systematic destruction of 40 percent of the World's Islamic population, then I will use the word 'Holocaust"
    Sorry, I didn't realize 1.5 million people was enough to warrant the term "holocaust". How about 600,000 gays? 200,000 Roma? 100,000 disabled?

And I do not believe 1.5 million people are 'starving to death', although I acknowledge the great suffering and deprivation going on and would like to see that suffering and deprivation ended.
    Really? How interesting.

AS a convoy of blue-and-white United Nations trucks loaded with food waited last night for Israeli permission to enter Gaza, Jindiya Abu Amra and her 12-year-old daughter went scrounging for the wild grass their family now lives on.

“We had one meal today - khobbeizeh,” said Abu Amra, 43, showing the leaves of a plant that grows along the streets of Gaza. “Every day, I wake up and start looking for wood and plastic to burn for fuel and I beg. When I find nothing, we eat this grass.”

Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border - Times Online

Pretty sure resorting to eating GRASS means starvation is happening. Also, the UN reports that only about half of the food needed in Gaza is being let through.

IRIN Middle East | ISRAEL-OPT: Gaza food supplies strangled by 1,000-day blockade | Middle East | Israel OPT | Economy Food Security Health & Nutrition | News Item

And I know lives have been lost and the situation is horrific, but it is not a 'holocaust' and the use of the word applied to this situation, given what happened to the Jews 65-70 years ago is outrageous. JMHO.
    Israelites do not hold the copyright on the word or deed of "holocaust". Disabusing yourself of that notion would be the first thing you should do.

They've been beating people over the head with that for 65 years to shield themselves. It doesn't work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Try to keep it civil or the thread is getting closed. Disagree with the opinion, don't tell the poster to fuck off.

Zionist isn't as offensive as you are making it Soj, it really is more of a label. And that's coming from my Hebrew school education that tried to tell me that Israel is always right, no matter what.
    The way it was used, as 'Zionist Likudnik' against a poster, was offensive IMO, although now compared to what followed, it does seem rather tame in comparison.

Do you really think the poster would self-identify with the 'label' of 'Zionist Likudnik"? I think it was the context-but maybe I took it to be said in more of a nasty way than it was. Maybe I was wrong on that one. I can, at least, admit it when I may be wrong.

And thank you for this post NoDay.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information