Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Attacks Unarmed Aid Flotilla in International Waters, Several Dead

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) soldiers who boarded the ship were met with heavy resistance from the passengers, who beat them with sticks, metal bars, and other items. The Israeli soldiers opened fire, killing nine passengers and wounding dozens more. Israel says the soldiers - who wanted to search the vessel for weapons - acted in self-defense.
    Self defense? After pummeling the ship with gas grenades, flashbangs and injuring scores of people?

What a load.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Audio: IDF soldiers warn flotilla vessels they are nearing area under naval blockade, latter respond with anti-Semitic slurs
    Ynet

P{margin:0;} UL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 16; padding-right:0;} OL{margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;margin-right: 32; padding-right:0;} H3.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;margin-top:0px;} P.pHeader {margin-bottom:3px;COLOR: #192862;font-size: 16px;font-weight: bold;}</B>The IDF released on Friday an audio reproduction of the moments before Monday's raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla.

In it, the soldiers can be heard warning the flotilla that its vessels are nearing an area under naval blockade. They are answered by calls of "Go back to Auschwitz" and "Don't forget 9/11 guys".
    http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...899131,00.html

YouTube - Mavi Marmara to Israeli Navy: "We're Helping Arabs Go Against the US, Don't Forget 9/11 Guys"

YouTube - Flotilla Passenger: "I Want to Be a Shahid (Martyr)"
    Last edited by marie; June 4th, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

LOL

Israelis piss them off by illegally intercepting them, the guy responds to piss them off, and that's grounds for murdering citizens of NATO countries in international waters?

Is that your argument?

Secondly, Where's the context?

thirdly, where's the rest of the transmission?

What, tiny clips released by the IDF without context are suddenly gospel?

You do realize the IDF, the ones guilty of perpetrating the murder of NATO citizens in international waters, releasing tiny clips of contextless transmissions and videoclips, aren't exactly winning any trust with this?

Show me the full transmission. Show me the full clip. Snippets can be spun in any direction.

Off you go, you little Zionist Likudnik
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That first one was just ridiculous.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Let's just take, at face value, tiny snippets of video and audio from the IDF without context.

I mean, they already lied about weapons being on board, lied about being attacked first, lied about using paint guns, i mean.. the list goes on. But hey, after all that.. let's just take whatever information they release at face value.

Right?

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

They're so fucking retarded I feel like they shouldn't even be acknowledged but then they're so retarded that something must be said.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I think the U.S. will always support Israel no matter how bad they fuck it up. After all Israelis are the least brown people in the region, and everyone knows to have stability the less brown the better.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I think the U.S. will always support Israel no matter how bad they fuck it up. After all Israelis are the least brown people in the region, and everyone knows to have stability the less brown the better.
    It's more about AIPAC than the color of anyone's skin there.

Whenever Israel fucks up massively, Marie usually posts little videos and propoganda and then runs off. This is not unusual.

Israel always spends a huge amount of money and effort to spread propoganda after they mess up royally, they have the funds to do so. They spin the whole American media, European media is much smarter and braver than ours.

The U.S. will always support Israel because of THE BIBLE. That's it in a nutshell. Those rabid right wing Bible thumpers would revolt if we ever went against Israel, that would mean the end of the world. Even the White House just admitted that they have to choose their words carefully when it comes to Israel because they walk on eggshells around the population of the U.S. here who are rabid about defending them. We are all puppets. My mom always says "God must protect Israel because they are surrounded by a group that hates them." Really, ma? Why do you think they are so hated? I can't think of a reason why, they are always such victims! Nevertheless, she believes that if we were to abandon them they would be wiped off the map and Jesus Christ would be coming back for our heads. She's NOT alone. I hate, hate, hate that we participate in a holy war without anyone caring. I hate that my tax dollars goes towards massive military aid towards Israel that is used to kill innocent civilians. In many ways, I feel like the blood is on my hands as well, I feel so freaking helpless about this situation.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Someone on another board I belong to has ripped into those of us who have expressed the same opinions as are being freely expressed here. Apparently our viewpoint that Israel committed murder and kidnapping in international waters makes us unworthy of being regarded as people or human. Yeah, whatever...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Oh yeah? Well, during the Gaza conflict I was called all sorts of names at another board, including an anti-semite. Yes, that same old card they always pull. The funny thing is, I don't have a hateful bone in my body towards any social group. I'm extremely passionate about Gaza because it is an open air prison, Israel is committing another Holocaust and I think it's our responsibility to care as human beings. If you don't, you're either ignorant towards what is going on there, or you have no soul. Honestly, that's what it boils down to for me, personally. I can't imagine living in squalor, fear, isolation, with total deprivation of your human rights. It is absolutely heart-breaking.

'Israel Feels More and More Isolated'

An Irish-owned ship called the Rachel Corrie -- named after an American peace activist killed in 2003 by an Israeli bulldozer -- is expected to arrive late Friday or early Saturday off the Gaza coast. It will pose a new problem for the Israeli military, the Israel Defense Forces, just a few days after Monday's bloody raid on a Turkish-owned aid ship.

"We have not stopped and have no intention of stopping," Denis Halliday, a former assistant UN secretary-general, said from the Rachel Corrie on Friday, according to CNN. "We will only stop when Israelis force us to do so."

On Monday, the IDF boarded a flotilla of ships organized by the Free Gaza movement in an operation that killed nine people. Israel argues it was a legal raid to defend its blockade of Gaza, which it justifies because the territory's Hamas rulers haven't ended their armed threat to Israel. The government also says activists aboard the largest ship, the Mavi Marmara, ignored a number of peaceful efforts to stop the vessel.

"The flotilla marketed itself publicly as motivated by humanitarian concerns, but the reality points to a different aim," reads a court statement filed this week by the Israeli government to defend the action. "A not insignificant number of hostile elements took part in the flotilla who were armed with clubs, knives, iron rods, glass, etc., and they did not hesitate to use them against IDF soldiers who tried to prevent the boat from reaching Gaza."

Both NATO and the UN have called for independent investigations. The Israeli government, so far, has rejected those calls, and Israel's defenders say the activists set out to provoke the IDF. Some critics -- including SPIEGEL's Jerusalem correspondent Christoph Schult -- argue that Israel fell into a trap.

What either side may have learned from the bloodshed remains to be seen this weekend. Passengers on board the Rachel Corrie, at least, say they won't swing iron rods at the IDF. "We will stand back and show we are harmless and unarmed -- we will put up no resistance," said Denis Halliday, the former UN official. "We're not going to make any silly mistakes."

German papers on Friday argue that Israel has isolated itself with the raid, and that the current government led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman has steered Israel decisively away from its role as a pillar of Western values in the Middle East.

The left-leaning Berliner Zeitung writes:

"Israel feels more and more isolated and misunderstood in the world, not without good reason. The international community understands Israel's arguments less and less, whenever Israel tries to explain why it had to do this and not that. The fiasco of boarding the Free Gaza flotilla -- killing nine people in international waters -- is only the dramatic high-water mark. It has long been clear that few policies have been quite so counterproductive as Israel's Gaza blockade."

"Policies toward Gaza need to be redefined. The problem with the Palestinian poorhouse (the Gaza Strip), which has been described as the world's largest open-air prison, can no longer be disguised. Even the recent proximity talks mediated by Washington between Israel and the moderate Palestinian leadership (in the West Bank) will have to confront the Gaza question. Quite a lot depends on whether the Obama administration considers Israel's Gaza policy to date not just 'questionable' but in dire need of overhaul."

The center-left Süddeutsche Zeitung writes:

"The UN Security Council has made an unambiguous call for an independent investigation, but Israel has baldly rejected the idea of working with an international commission. Israel has gone through this before -- after the brief Gaza war a year and a half ago, when the IDF was accused of war crimes. This time the situation looks different: The opponent was not Hamas, a terrorist group, but a flotilla of political activists from various countries, even if they included some hooligans. The raid took place in international waters, and nine Turkish citizens were probably killed."

"It would therefore be absurd to leave an investigation into this incident to the very actor accused of causing the deaths and injuries. If Israel has nothing to conceal, as the government and the military have asserted for days, then it should have nothing against an international commission. If IDF soldiers were at mortal risk because they faced a lynch mob on the ship, as Israeli officials have claimed, the government can also present the evidence to this commission. A government that rejects such solutions, and calls the whole world biased, can only bring itself under suspicion."

The Financial Times Deutschland argues:

"Who else in the world would get away with it? Seizing a flotilla with humanitarian goods in international waters; killing people onboard, who were possibly defending themselves against the attackers; abducting the rest of the passengers. It's not a story about a pirate gang but about an old ally of the West. Who, though, can seriously describe the current Israel as a democracy that respects the rule of law?"

"Since its foundation in 1948, Israel has enjoyed support from the US and many European governments -- justifiably, since the young nation needed help in a dangerous neighborhood. Israel was an oasis of Western values in the Middle East. But under the government of Benjamin Netanyahu and Avigdor Lieberman, it no longer is. As observers anticipated, they have simply ignored international protests against the bloodshed in the Mediterranean. Now new negotiations will have to start. And as long as this government consistently ignores human rights, the West will have to put its preferential treatment of Israel on ice."
    "Israel's right wing justifies human rights violations with the constant state of war in which the nation finds itself. If Netanyahu and Lieberman are allowed (by the international community) to proceed as before, the entire Middle East will remain in this state."

-- Michael Scott Moore

The World from Berlin: 'Israel Feels More and More Isolated' - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

I don't think Netanyahu is the sole reason why Israel suddenly is not seen as an "oasis of western values." Israel had a piss-poor track record and committed many massacres and atrocities before Netanyahu. I think because of the social media resources available now, they just aren't able to spin things, whitewash, or cover up like they were able to previously. I finally see the American media starting to acknowledge some of their war crimes. I don't remember ever seeing anything about the Qana massacre in 1996, for example. Maybe it got a blurb in the paper. A few years back scores of schoolchildren died at Israeli hands and it got a small blurb in the NYTimes, not on the front page. It said "Israel has investigated and found it did nothing wrong." That was that. It would be comical but it is so damn sad. It warms my heart to think that finally they'll start to see some karmic retribution, even if it's just in the arena of public opinion. Thankfully people are starting to see them for what they really are - a rogue, terrorist state - just like they say they're against.

what the hell is a Zeitung. That's always bugged me.

I thought it meant newspaper? I could be wrong though.

Yeah, its a newspaper isn't it? Where's chilly?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    LOL

Israelis piss them off by illegally intercepting them, the guy responds to piss them off, and that's grounds for murdering citizens of NATO countries in international waters?

Is that your argument?

Secondly, Where's the context?

thirdly, where's the rest of the transmission?

What, tiny clips released by the IDF without context are suddenly gospel?

You do realize the IDF, the ones guilty of perpetrating the murder of NATO citizens in international waters, releasing tiny clips of contextless transmissions and videoclips, aren't exactly winning any trust with this?

Show me the full transmission. Show me the full clip. Snippets can be spun in any direction.

Off you go, you little Zionist Likudnik
    Why the name calling Grimm?...it is violating the board rules..yeah even for you.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information