Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Iran to sponsor Holocaust cartoon contest.

Default Re: Iran to sponsor Holocaust cartoon contest.

*draws a picture of a small penis and watches all of china riot a la muslim*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

As for SVZ's remarks, in the West, there was other caricatures of Muslims and Arabs being depicted negatively as in movies, news media, cartoon newspapers,etc...The radical hooligans all went cucko and it only struck a nerve of the religious Muslims when it included Prophet Mohammed.

I kind of compare this to when the riots happened in LA in 92' with the acquittal of the cops who beat Rodney King.Except, instead of religious, it was a racial issue.Some Latinos and African Americans from the ghettos reacted violently and did riots in LA which killed up to 60 people.

That's a bit of a stretch to compare the two.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    That's a bit of a stretch to compare the two.
    You think so?

Well, except maybe the Islamic reaction was on a grander scale.

The Black community saw the acquittal of the officers who beat King as a direct insult and attack against them which fueled their anger and made some riot violently. As with the radical hooligans, they saw the depiction of Prophet Mohammed as a direct attack against them and with all that anger built up inside from the hatred of the Western foreign policies interfering in their politics and demeaning their religion, they ended up reacted violently.

That is how I compare them.

I don't agree with either riot, the Blacks or the Muslims. Rioting and violence does nothing to further your cause. And a lot of the rioting in L.A., whether it was directed at cops or not, ended up being against innocent people of all colors, and lots of unnecessary property destruction. There were poor areas where the local grocery stores were destroyed, and not rebuilt, and those people who lived in that area no longer had a grocery store they could use. How did this benefit any case? I would have been pissed if I had to lose my grocery store because someone felt like rioting. And lots of riots are about looting, not political statements.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow53
    I don't agree with either riot, the Blacks or the Muslims. Rioting and violence does nothing to further your cause. And a lot of the rioting in L.A., whether it was directed at cops or not, ended up being against innocent people of all colors, and lots of unnecessary property destruction. There were poor areas where the local grocery stores were destroyed, and not rebuilt, and those people who lived in that area no longer had a grocery store they could use. How did this benefit any case? I would have been pissed if I had to lose my grocery store because someone felt like rioting. And lots of riots are about looting, not political statements.
    No one is condoning either riots here. I was talking about what made these people tick in order to do that even though it is unjustified.

Omg they have the cartoon on a t-shirt.

This is exhibit A of "What Not To Wear In an Oppressive Middle Eastern Autocracy, or Certain parts of France"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information