Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: It is hopeless

Default Re: It is hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeleyed_Honey View Post
    ^
    Yeah there used to be a lot of them, those Jewish militant groups.They disintegrated and dismantled once Israel was created and some of them become politicians or lead the country.Another one was the Stern Gang a.k.a Lehi. They actually wanted to ally with Nazi Germany to broker a deal to get Jews to take to Palestine.They sent a telegram to Hitler, he never replied back. How crazy is that?One of them later become an Israeli Prime Minister, Yitzak Shamir.
    I mentioned that Begin thing because I really am trying to see both sides in this situation ( I admit that I am pretty biased toward the Israeli side). There have been atrocities and histories of wrong-doing on both sides for a very long time now. I thought your post was very good at relecting that what is needed is some acknowledgement of that on both sides..and a willingness to sacrifice some things on both sides in the mutual interest of peace.

Good points both of you HH & Sojiita. I am glad you to HH condemn suicide bombings. I too am trying to see both sides of this fight. I don't for one second believe Israel is innocent of any wrong-doings.

I understand that the Palestinians are frustrated and out-numbered, but just as the IRA was/is hated for their attacks that killed civilians, so are the Palestinians. The civilized world will never put any credence in any group that targets civilians.

Forgive my ignorance on this Hazeleyed Honey, but as a Palestinian, what was your reaction to Israel withdrawing from Gaza? Has that helped you guys?
    Vegetarian - Old Indian word for "Bad Hunter"

.. if you can call that a withdrawal. It was a PR stunt.. they still control all entrance and exit points and have a stranglehold on the local economy.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I mentioned that Begin thing because I really am trying to see both sides in this situation ( I admit that I am pretty biased toward the Israeli side). There have been atrocities and histories of wrong-doing on both sides for a very long time now. I thought your post was very good at relecting that what is needed is some acknowledgement of that on both sides..and a willingness to sacrifice some things on both sides in the mutual interest of peace.
    Yeah I can see you lean towards more Israel. That's cool though. I respect your opinion.

I am a liberal Muslim and a Palestinian which would like to see Jews and Arab Palestinians live under one state. But, I know it is impossible. Of course, I disagree with violence from neither side but then I understand why they occur. Even though, I believe there can be diplomatic solutions which can solve this conflict. But then again, I am a Palestinian descendant which never grew up under the occupation. I was born in Kuwait. My parents generation and those in the Middle East sometimes don't share my idealistic views probably because they have been through the war and garner their more extremist views from their experiences.

Forgive my ignorance on this Hazeleyed Honey, but as a Palestinian, what was your reaction to Israel withdrawing from Gaza? Has that helped you guys?
    It is basically what Grimmlock said, a PR stunt. Israel still controls it militarily. Israel is finally starting to realize that Palestinians will not give up their fight as they thought they would at the beginning. Gaza is practically a piece of nothing, it is completely destroyed and the economy is no good at all. So why would Israel hang on to it?

Another thing Israel is starting to notice is the demographic problem. Sharon pulled out of Gaza to combat the demographic problem that threatens the very existence of Israel as a Jewish state. Sharon and the left believe the solution to ensuring Israel's Jewish continuity is to relinquish parts of Yesha where the large majority of the Palestinian Arab population resides. Those who support transfer believe the solution is to transfer the Arabs from this territory and retain the land as part of the state of Israel. Infact, Israel are worried about this because in a couple of years down the road, some analysts are predicting that Palestinians will overpopulate the Jewish population.

They are doing the same thing to the West Bank, they are not giving it all completely back. That is what the Wall is for, to grab the land they want from the U.N. Partition plan and isolate the Palestinians and give them the rest. Olmert has suggested they will be pulling out of the West Bank by 2010,well most of it. But the Palestinians are saying it is unfair that this is being done in a unilateral manner without consulting the Palestinians. Another thing is the Jerusalem problem,where the Palestinians want a part of their as a capital, East Jerusalem. But Israel will refuse to give it up.

It'll be funny in 10 years when the arab population within Israel outnumbers the Jewish.

Will we see another, more apparent kind of apartheid with 2nd class citizens?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am a liberal Muslim and a Palestinian which would like to see Jews and Arab Palestinians live under one state. But, I know it is impossible. Of course, I disagree with violence from neither side but then I understand why they occur. Even though, I believe there can be diplomatic solutions which can solve this conflict. But then again, I am a Palestinian descendant which never grew up under the occupation. I was born in Kuwait. My parents generation and those in the Middle East sometimes don't share my idealistic views probably because they have been through the war and garner their more extremist views from their experiences.
    Are there other liberal muslims that want to live under one state with Isrealis, like a group of people advocating that everyone lives in one country?

Those are the people standing on the sidelines with duct tape over their mouths as the crazies run amok.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Those are the people standing on the sidelines with duct tape over their mouths as the crazies run amok.
    agreed. until they are willing or able to stand up and reject the terrorists and their supporters/sympathizers the bloodshed will continue.

Israel isn't the only people who could quit the killing. maybe if the islamic countries took the lead and practiced true peace and tolerance first. but i'm not hopeful that will ever happen.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Are there other liberal muslims that want to live under one state with Isrealis, like a group of people advocating that everyone lives in one country?
    Of course there is. In fact, actually even Palestinians in Palestine, a lot of polls suggest they just want to live in peace.There are polls which indicate that a quarter of Palestinians favor the secular one-state solution. It is a complete myth that most everyday Palestinians do not want peace to be achieved. Those who live under the occupation and war would love for the misery to stop and to see a lasting peace.

Here are some articles I found on internet from Palestinian writers advocating for a one-state solution....
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle4861.htm
    Ahmad Samih Khalidi, Palestinian writer

http://www.palestine-pmc.com/details.asp?cat=4&id=1353
    Michael Tarazi, legal advisor to the PLO

Edward Said who was a Christian Palestinian who later in his life became an outspoken advocate for a one-state solution where Jews and Palestinian Arabs can live with each other under one nation.You probably heard of him, he wrote Orientalism He was a political scientist,he succumbed to cancer a couple of years ago. He had VERY good points about the pros and good outcomes of a one-state solution. This is one quote I found from him...
    In Said’s opinion, the only hope for peace would be a single, secular state. “Israelis would probably be OK with this,” he speculated, but American Jews would be an obstacle, since, he explained, they idealize Israel as a religious retirement home. Said described their desire to have a “purely Jewish state” as “purely fantasy,” since, he explained, “if you can’t admit into your consciousness the existence of another people, then you’re really on the way to ruin.”

While this latter condition applies to both Israelis and Palestinians, Said attributed the failure of peace and the ongoing violence to the fact that, ultimately, “all that’s being offered to [the Palestinians] is that they negate themselves.”
    http://peacepalestine.blogspot.com/2...-lives-on.html

It is hopeless!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm not sure the one-state solution would work, since I seem to remember (but could be wrong) that Israel is determined to remain a predominently Jewish state, meaning that Palestinians would effectively be second-class citizens in any one state solution. Why? Because their population is growing far faster than the Israeli population and thus would outnumber Jewish Israeli's before you know it. And a one state solution would mean that Israel would no longer be able to function as a democracy while retaining Jewish dominence of the state. It's fucked up no matter how you look at it. Give 'em both their own state and be done with it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Just hazarding a guess here but has this thread got anything to do with whats happened to the homepage?

I don't think so but I'm pretty sure stupidity has something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaj View Post
    Just hazarding a guess here but has this thread got anything to do with whats happened to the homepage?
    Sad that the asshole cannot even spell 'Palestinian' correctly.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

.... they hacked our site and all they could do was turn it into an ugly geocities webpage?

Whatever, losers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information