Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homophobe singer blasts gays at fundraiser, backed by Barack Obama

erm, his campaign hired him to come along at stops and campaign with him at a few places along with some other minister.

You can have all the free speech you want, but when you put that man on your team you are GUILTY BY PROXY.

When you sit there and say NOTHING at an event of supporters, you are GUILTY BY PROXY

When you try and sweep the incident under the rug, you are GUILTY BY PROXY

That's reality, and that's why the gays are fucking pissed at Obama
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    i'm not gay or american and i'm pissed at obama for that, and the fact that he can't give a straight answer about a lot of other important issues. like what he said about abortion, some bullshit response about how that's between a woman, her doctor and clergyman. the man is full of shit. he may be charming and have a nice smile and that seems to fool a lot of people but i'm not buying it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    erm, his campaign hired him to come along at stops and campaign with him at a few places along with some other minister.

You can have all the free speech you want, but when you put that man on your team you are GUILTY BY PROXY.

When you sit there and say NOTHING at an event of supporters, you are GUILTY BY PROXY

When you try and sweep the incident under the rug, you are GUILTY BY PROXY

That's reality, and that's why the gays are fucking pissed at Obama

Oh, hell yeah! Though I was leaning toward Hillary anyway, the fact that he stood by and watched the spread of homophobia by one of his vocal supporters and did nothing lets me know exactly where he stands. He knew what he was doing - had to let the people of the church know that he ain't all about the faggots, either.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

jasmynecannick.com: Election: Black LGBT's For Obama

A few friends of mine directed me to this site... Take a look around..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

doesn't excuse what he did or dispell suspicion and downright irritation at that kind of act.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

doesn't excuse what he did or dispell suspicion and downright irritation at that kind of act.
    But that's just it. He didn't know him before this particular fund raiser, and denounced what he said and made it known he didn't share McClurkin's beliefs since. So not yanking him off the fund raiser tour right away might make him seem like a horrible person, but to say he shares the same feelings as McClurkin and that he is homophobic is absurd, what more do he have to do..he has apologized and a lot of people believe and forgave him.

Now, Donnie McClurkin has his own warped belief system, it's one thing to put who you really are out of your mind, and think that your being gay is wrong, and that you've been cured, but to say it's an evil curse you can get rid of is downright horrid. Especially when it's not the truth. I think it is a spit in God's face to lie and deny who he made you... There is a big support here among the community for Obama, and most know about the McClurkin debacle...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

he didnt apologize at all! he just said he valued free speech and blathered on a bit more.

then he kept that douche on the campaign with him.

1) as if his fucking people didnt know what this douche was all about. The guy had a damn website about curing gays, but soon before the Obama campaign flap it mysteriously vanished. Gee, coincidence?

2) he used him to get at black churches cuz they eat that guy up, and love his anti gay message

3) he didnt apologize, he did damage control and still kept the douche cuz he serves a purpose

Had he brought some KKK motherfucker up there, or some pro slavery freak and let THEM say what they wanted, you would bet your ass the shit would fly and there'd be a massive scandal about it. That's the problem here. The gays are the last minority to be kicked around for points.

So in conclusion, fuck anybody that does that be it some right wint retard or Barack Obama.

Fuck them all.

he didnt apologize at all! he just said he valued free speech and blathered on a bit more.

then he kept that douche on the campaign with him.

1) as if his fucking people didnt know what this douche was all about. The guy had a damn website about curing gays, but soon before the Obama campaign flap it mysteriously vanished. Gee, coincidence?

2) he used him to get at black churches cuz they eat that guy up, and love his anti gay message

3) he didnt apologize, he did damage control and still kept the douche cuz he serves a purpose

Had he brought some KKK motherfucker up there, or some pro slavery freak and let THEM say what they wanted, you would bet your ass the shit would fly and there'd be a massive scandal about it. That's the problem here. The gays are the last minority to be kicked around for points.

So in conclusion, fuck anybody that does that be it some right wint retard or Barack Obama.

Fuck them all.
    I am a triple minority, so I am knowledgeable that, that kicking shit does exist, and that's NOT HIM!!!!... ..He apologized at the MTV/Myspace debate. He doesn't serve his purpose, once you've put yourself in such a place of denial and delusion who will believe you. I am not trying to change your mind at all, I really do understand how you feel.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

i think obama tried to get both the support of the religious by keeping the douche on the tour, but at the same time made some token apology about free speech to make it look like he doesn't share the guy's views. and maybe he doesn't, but he still wanted to score points with both sides. it's typical politico double-speak and extremely hypocritical.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Uh...whatever on this. SSDiva's avatar rocks my socks

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Uh...whatever on this. SSDiva's avatar rocks my socks
    Thank you..I knew you'd love it!! He was so handsome..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think obama tried to get both the support of the religious by keeping the douche on the tour, but at the same time made some token apology about free speech to make it look like he doesn't share the guy's views. and maybe he doesn't, but he still wanted to score points with both sides. it's typical politico double-speak and extremely hypocritical.
    No different than what Bill & Hillary are doing when it comes to playing the 'race card.' She and Bill play to the black voters, but at the same time try to play up the fact that Obama is the 'black candidate' to the white voters. Or have their supporters like Jesse Jackson come out and tell the black voters that 'Obama isn't black enough.'

*fails to see how that excuses the subject in question*

It's not a game of "well he did it too, mom!"

No it isn't, but you know what he has apologized for what was done and have support of many LGBT community members...
    Out for Obama
    by Sen. Barack Obama

Over the last several weeks, the question of GLBT equality was placed on center stage by the appearance of Donnie McClurkin at one of my campaign events. McClurkin is a talented performer and a beloved figure among many African Americans and Christians around the country. At the same time, he espouses beliefs about homosexuality that I completely reject.

The events of the last several weeks are not the occasion that I would have chosen to discuss Americaís divisions on gay rights and my own deep commitment to GLBT equality. Now that the issue is before us, however, I do not intend to run away from it. These events have provided an important opportunity for us to confront a difficult fact: There are good, decent, moral people in this country who do not yet embrace their gay brothers and sisters as full members of our shared community.

We will not secure full equality for all GLBT Americans until we learn how to address that deep disagreement and move beyond it. To achieve that goal, we must state our beliefs boldly, bring the message of equality to audiences that have not yet accepted it, and listen to what those audiences have to say in return.

For my entire career in public life, I have brought the message of GLBT equality to skeptical audiences as well as friendly ones. No other leading candidate in the race for the Presidency has demonstrated the same commitment to the principle of full equality. I support the full and unqualified repeal of the federal Defense of Marriage Act. While some say we should repeal only part of the law, I believe we should get rid of that statute altogether. Federal law should not discriminate in any way against gay and lesbian couples. I will also fight to repeal the U.S. militaryís Donít Ask, Donít Tell policy, a law that should never have been passed, and my Defense Department will work with top military leaders to implement that repeal.

As President, I will use the bully pulpit to urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws. I personally believe that civil unions represent the best way to secure that equal treatment. But I also believe that the federal government should not stand in the way of states that want to decide on their own how best to pursue equality for gay and lesbian couples Ė whether that means a domestic partnership, a civil union, or a civil marriage. I will also place the weight of my administration behind the enactment of the Matthew Shepard Act to outlaw hate crimes and a fully inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act to outlaw workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. I have supported fully inclusive protections since my days in the Illinois legislature, when I sponsored a bill to outlaw workplace discrimination that expressly included both sexual orientation and gender identity.

That is where I stand on the major issues of the day. But having the right positions on the issues is only half the battle. The other half is to win broad support for those positions. And winning broad support will require stepping outside our comfort zone. If we want to repeal DOMA, repeal Donít Ask, Donít Tell, and implement fully inclusive laws outlawing hate crimes and discrimination in the workplace, we need to bring the message of GLBT equality to people who are not yet convinced.

Thatís why I brought this message of inclusiveness to all of America in my keynote address at the 2004 Democratic convention. I reiterated that message in the speech announcing my candidacy for President. Since beginning my campaign, I have been talking about GLBT equality on the stump, from rural farmers to Southern preachers. Just as important, I have been listening to what all Americans have to say in return. I will never compromise on my commitment to equal rights for all GLBT Americans. But neither will I close my ears to the voices of those who still need to be convinced. That is the work that we need to do if we are going to move forward together. It is difficult. It is challenging. And it is necessary.

The American people have been poorly served by two terms of an administration that seeks to manipulate us through fear: fear over national security, fear over immigrants and fear over gay and lesbian couples in loving relationships. Americans are yearning for leadership that will put an end to the fear mongering and instead begin empowering us once again to reach for the America we know is possible. I believe that we can achieve the goal of full equality for the millions of GLBT people in this country. To do that, we need leadership that appeals to the best parts of the human spirit, rather than the worst. Together, we will achieve real equality for all Americans, gay and straight alike.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

^^And, at least, Obama acknowledged his actions, which is something Hillary couldn't do.

Although, I don't know about McClurkin being a 'beloved figure.'

Did anybody say it excuses it? No. But I was just making a point to the Hillary supporters that if you're going to call Obama out on his actions, which were wrong, then you have to call Hillary out on the same actions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information