Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homophobe singer blasts gays at fundraiser, backed by Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    I typically hate discussing politics, but I also hate it when people complain about politicians...saying how disgusting they are and how they have to pick the lesser of two evils. I have an idea....get off your ass and run for office. It's the only logical thing to do...afterall, if you think everyone who is currently running is a fucktard, then you have an obligation to either shut the fuck up or run yourself.

I don't agree with Obama...I met him recently and wasn't impressed at all. I had dinner with Hillary last year and she was great. I don't feel like I am picking between two evils...I think she is fair and complicated and at least willing to look within herself to evaluate her ideals. So many of us are filled with contradictions...it takes a noble person to admit that we evolve as do our ideals.
    It's a little more complicated than that. In most cases, especially for President, you can't just wake up and decide to run for office and do it. You have to get on the ballot, which requires a certain number of signatures, etc. The majority of people don't have the stomach for politics, or don't want to deal with the bullshit games that go into it. Most of the people who really should run for office don't, because they don't want to deal with that nonsense.

Not to mention, in the world of politics it's all about who has the most money. The average person trying to run for office would have to try and secure huge amounts of cash from big-name donors and so forth and that's not going to happen.

And why can't people rip on the politicians? They run for office on the promise to look out for the people, and often they don't. Which is why the American voters are so cynical. Hell, even if John or Jane Public woke up and ran for office they'd be under the same scrutiny as the career politicians, if not more.

I stand by my original statement...and I challenge all of us to take ownership of our country by doing something other than just bitching about it and hiding behind the complexity of our system. I am not niave enough to think it is easy...certainly it is easier to just sit back and bitch about it. If you or any of us have a problem with something then we should take action. I also understand that you can't just wake up one day and run for President...but you could do something...anything besides nothing. Oh, and no, it really isn't "more complicated than that."

1) The populace is sheep

2) The populace, while barely aware of the world around it, IS mostly annoyed with the present situation

3) Unfortunately, the populace is too fucking lazy, scared or unwilling to sacrifice anything to change it

4) there is no groundswell of will to change the status quo, thus no real tangible support or sacrifice. You're outnumbered.

5) the system as it is today is rotten and needs to be torn down and rebuilt. See problems 3 and 4.

6) you're fucked. unless something cataclysmic happens, or the population suddenly grows a brain, or their kids get drafted....it will continue

7) all the well intentioned call to arms will result in absolutely nothing because of problems 3, 4 and 5.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Grimm...I think you hit the nail on the head with your #3! It takes way too much effort to do anything. We are a lazy people. Spoiled by living the American dream we bought on credit cards. We have fear of losing what we don't even have...security. I know it's off topic, but related...we do this same thing with gas prices. We sit back, complain, bitch, moan and then go out for a leisurely afternoon drive. Meanwhile, Shell Gasoline, Citgo, Chevron, etc...have record profits on the backs of all of us. All the while telling us that the high gas prices are the result of decreased production...really? You don't think the high gas prices are a result of record profits? Really?

Now back on topic, we are a disempowered people...not because someone took our power away from us...but because we freely give it away daily in exchange for the opportunity to finance our leisure on the prospects of our futures.

I stand by my original statement...and I challenge all of us to take ownership of our country by doing something other than just bitching about it and hiding behind the complexity of our system. I am not niave enough to think it is easy...certainly it is easier to just sit back and bitch about it. If you or any of us have a problem with something then we should take action. I also understand that you can't just wake up one day and run for President...but you could do something...anything besides nothing. Oh, and no, it really isn't "more complicated than that."
    Yeah, it is more complicated than just saying 'get out and run for office yourself.' It goes back to what you said about people not taking ownership of their country. Right now, most of the population is cynical, or apathetic, when it comes to the entire political process. So, people need to get out of that mode of thinking before they could even consider running for office.

If we as a people want better candidates we have to start holding our politicians to a higher standard first. For example, if I decided to run for office and the voters are only responding to the mud-slinging of the candidates and not about the issues that I, or the other candidates, want to talk about then it continues that endless political circus of avoiding the pertinent issues and just trying to see who can grab the biggest piece of the pie.

Right now, the political system in America is broken, and it won't be fixed until the population steps up and says it's time to fix it. Until it is, anyone who runs for office will either have to play the same game, or just get swept aside.

Right now, politicians have the same credibility as used car salesmen. People pretty much assume their trying to sell them a lemon. But that's the fault of the American people because, like I said, we don't hold the politicians to the high standard that they should be held to. If they make promises, then we have to force them to keep them. If they don't, we have to stop re-electing them so they can become career politicians who lie over and over again.
    Last edited by kingcap72; November 2nd, 2007 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    He makes Hilary look better every day...
    Impossible.

Obama 08.

Reminds me of the people who hate Bush (just about everyone) but did nothing to get up and bother to impeach him.

Obama can suck my big fat gay cock for throwing my kind under the bus. Maybe he'd like to sit at the fucking back of it again.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Obama can suck my big fat gay cock for throwing my kind under the bus. Maybe he'd like to sit at the fucking back of it again.
    That's offensive, even more offensive than Donnie McClurkin and his ilk. Actually there are some black gay men and lesbian women in the black community that ignore the singer's converting story because they no it is bullshit and he is living a lie....
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

No, it's not offensive.. it's making a point. What this douche did, with Obama standing there and not saying shit, is the equivalent.

Maybe he'd know how it felt then.

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    Well, its back to Hillary. Least she's on the same team.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

or just not vote, considering the election system is rigged with machines and voter intimidation, outright fraud and other nonsense.

also consider the system itself is still rotten to the core with corporate interests superceding that of the population
    So who do you think is rigged to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    ^^I don't know, I hate the idea of picking the lesser of two evils...shit it's still picking evil.
    Unfortunately, that's what elections are all about.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

No, it's not offensive.. it's making a point. What this douche did, with Obama standing there and not saying shit, is the equivalent.

Maybe he'd know how it felt then.
    Him standing there saying nothing while someone talked about how they were cured of something that everyone knows is impossible doesn't make him look bad at all...it makes the person telling the story look like the damn fool he is!! And it is offensive, because if he is sent to the back of the bus again..so will the rest of us black folks..the gay and the straight ones!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

No, standing by and saying NOTHING and having this idiot on his campaign trail with him makes him guilty by proxy.

No, standing by and saying NOTHING and having this idiot on his campaign trail with him makes him guilty by proxy.
    That's just it he wasn't on the campaign trail, it was a Gospel convention put together by some supporters!! He isn't guilty by proxy, he was letting this ass have freedom of speech!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information