Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Harold Camping Predicts World Will End (Again) On Friday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    this may lead to me breaking my "no sex on the first date" rule tonight...
    Wait what is this date? I need more details,pics if available
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

But I had something planned for end of times in 2012... I invited my friends and everything and we were going to drink beer and stuff...

I can't get all my friends (all 2 of them) together for tomorrow...

I just commited the sin of gluttony... again. Chocolate icecream is an evil thing. Did this reverend dude specify Friday night Greenwich time, or American Pacific Time? 'Cause I still have another 10 chocolate PaddlePops to go
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I just commited the sin of gluttony... again. Chocolate icecream is an evil thing. Did this reverend dude specify Friday night Greenwich time, or American Pacific Time? 'Cause I still have another 10 chocolate PaddlePops to go
    I brought a slice of my son's amazing birthday cake to work today but forgot about the Apocalypse. I would have cut a slice at least twice as big if I had remembered.....

I guess I don't need to bother folding the laundry.
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    I need more details,pics if available
    and video
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

How about a follow up Mel. How was it?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    Wait what is this date? I need more details,pics if available
    Oh, it was just the guy my brother's been trying to set me up with. Wound up not going because they got called in to work. boo hiss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    But I had something planned for end of times in 2012... I invited my friends and everything and we were going to drink beer and stuff...

I can't get all my friends (all 2 of them) together for tomorrow...
    You know what ipad would say about you having 2 friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I guess I don't need to bother folding the laundry.

and video
    sadly, I have neither....
    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    How about a follow up Mel. How was it?
    had to cancel. the good news is that this keeps me off my son's shit list.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Awwww damn the luck, well if this shit is true there's no need to reschedule
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Posted at 10:11 AM ET, 10/21/2011
    Harold Camping says end of the world is probably today, Oct. 21, 2011
    By Elizabeth Flock

Harold Camping, the Family Radio evangelist who wrongly predicted doomsday back in May, thinks the real end of the world could be today.

Harold Camping prepares for a taping.
    (Marcio Jose Sanchez - Associated Press)

In a message on his Web site, Camping declared that today, “at this point, looks like it will be the final end of everything.”
    But if doomsday doesn’t come today, Camping might explain it away just as he did his May prediction mistake. In another post on his site, Camping wrote that May 21 was the “spiritual” end of the world.
    As for the earthquakes he predicted, he says they came in the form of “man-quakes,” since mankind shook with fear from the Rapture and the book of Genesis describes man as made from dirt.
    Catherine Wessinger, who studies doomsday groups and is the editor of “The Oxford Handbook of Millennialism,” told NPR that Camping is using a common trick of doomsday leaders.
    When his end of the world prediction fails, she says, “the person making the prediction can give themselves a way out, sort of a backdoor way of getting out of the prediction. Or on the other hand, when nothing happens, the event can be spiritualized.”
    While in May Camping spoke to nearly every media outlet he could, this time he’s noticeably absent from the spotlight. The Christian Science Monitor reports that calls to Family Radio were not returned and his daughter e-mailed to say they would not be speaking to the press.
    Camping also seems to have learned how to better hedge his bets this time.
    “I really am beginning to think as I restudied these matters that there’s going to be no big display of any kind,” he said in an audio address after suffering a stroke in June. “The end is going to come very, very quietly.”

Source: Harold Camping says end of the world is probably today, Oct. 21, 2011 - BlogPost - The Washington Post
    No big display eh? Looks like all his bases are covered.

Will the world end today? Doomsday prophet goes into hiding as he predicts rapture is upon us... AGAIN

By John Stevens

Last updated at 4:56 PM on 21st October 2011
    It is the ultimate event for which there should never be a sequel.
    But the end of the world will come again today, according to a Doomsday prophet who predicted the Apocalypse would arrive five months ago.
    California preacher Harold Camping stirred a global frenzy when he prophesised that the all life would be wiped out in the rapture on May 21 with a series of earthquakes followed by months of torment for those left behind.

Keeping a low profile: The ministry and its 90-year-old leader, Harold Camping, are avoiding the media and perhaps a repeat of the international mockery

However, the 90-year-old behind Family Radio International is being more cautious with his prediction this time.
    'I really am beginning to think as I've restudied these matters that there's going to be no big display of any kind. The end is going to come very, very quietly,' he said.

More...

And it appears that Mr Camping is at least partially right with that prediction.
    There is little evidence that swarms of believers who once fanned out in cities nationwide with placards advertising Camping's message - some giving up life savings in anticipation of being swept into heaven - are following the latest doomsday countdown.
    There are none of the 5,000 billboards posted around the country that declared Judgment Day was at hand.

It's about to happen... er, no it's not: Activists who believed that 'Judgement Day' would happen on May 21, 2011 took to the streets of New York

Now what? Followers were crestfallen when the rapture did not occur, particularly those who had quit their jobs or donated their life savings

This time also, the 'ministry' are avoiding the media and perhaps a repeat of the international mockery that followed when believers awoke on May 22 to find themselves still on Earth.
    'I'm sorry to disappoint you, but we at Family Radio have been directed to not talk to the media or the press,' Mr Camping's daughter Susan Espinoza told reporters.
    Mr Camping, who suffered a mild stroke three weeks after his prediction failed to materialise in May, still spreads the word through his Family Radio International website.
    God's judgement and salvation were completed on May 21, Mr Camping said in a message explaining the mix-up in his biblical math.
    He said that Christ put the 'unsaved' into judgement on that date, but that it will not be physically seen until today.

Quieter return: There have been no billboards put up like the ones before May 21

Spread the word: Followers of Mr Camping had paid for 5,000 billboards to be put up around the country

'Thus we can be sure that the whole world, with the exception of those who are presently saved (the elect), are under the judgement of God, and will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21,' he wrote on the website.
    Followers were crestfallen in May when the rapture did not occur, particularly those who had quit their jobs or donated some of their retirement savings or college funds to spread the judgement day message.
    Mr Camping said that doomsday would not be marked by natural disasters or blasts of hellfire.
    Mr Camping, a retired civil engineer, also prophesied the Apocalypse would come in 1994, but said later that didn't happen because of a mathematical error.

They think it's all over: A history of failed doomsday predictions

Many scientists accept that our planet will one day be consumed by the Sun, but most have calculated that that will not happened for several billion years.
    That hasn't stopped mankind repeatedly predicting that the world is about to end though. In fact, doomsday prophecies have been made ever since we started using calendars, with flood, famine, incoming asteroids and nuclear wars among the favoured causes of annihilation.
    Biblical scholars point out that in the Book of Matthew, Jesus himself implies that the world will end within the lifetime of his contemporaries, while a host of scholars made similar predictions in the first millennium.

Prophets: Christopher Columbus, left, predicted the world would end in 1656, while Sir Isaac Newton said the rapture would come in 1948

The craze appears to have reached a peak in Europe in the Middle Ages. In 1500, Protestant reformer Martin Luther proclaimed that 'the kingdom of abominations shall be overthrown' within 300 years.
    Others to get in on the act included Christopher Columbus (1656), mathematician John Napier (1688) and astrologer Sir Isaac Newton (1948).
    More recently, the fad for making Doomsday predictions has become popular amongst Christian groups in the U.S. According to website Armageddononline, prophecy teacher Doug Clark announced in 1976 that President Jimmy Carter would be 'the president who will meet Mr. 666 - soon',

Doomed: One group announced in 1976 that the world would end while Jimmy Carter was president

And about 50 members of a group called the Assembly of Yahweh gathered at Coney Island, New York, in white robes, awaiting their 'rapture' from a world about to be destroyed on May 25, 1981.
    'A small crowd of onlookers watched and waited for something to happen. The members chanted prayers to the beat of bongo drums until sunset. The end did not come,' the website notes.
    The year 2000 was also expected to usher in an apocalypse of sorts, with aeroplanes falling from the sky and computer systems crashing. The planet survived.
    In the days leading up to September 9, 2009, fans of Armageddon insisted that the world would end - 9/9/9 being the emergency services phone number in the UK and also the number of the Devil - albeit upside down. Surprisingly there wasn't the same hyperbole on June 6, 2006.
    But if the world does manage to get through today unscathed, believers won't have to wait too long before another popular Doomsday prediction date looms.
    The Maya civilisation of South America was for several centuries one of the most advanced in the world. Along with their architectural achievements, the Mayans left us with calendars that, some argue, predict the end of the world on December 21, 2012.

Source: Rapture: Will the world end today? Harold Camping goes into hiding | Mail Online
    And hes gone into hiding again.

watch, he'll die tonight and all his followers will think that they just "got left behind"... how awesomely entertaining would that be???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

That sick sense of humor is what makes me your bitch.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

as long as my bitch is satisfied...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

There's only 1hr left.

Will Jesus come to get me, or does the world just end?

I didn't realize Camping was so damn old. Maybe he means its the end of the world for him.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm waiting....... home from the bar, happy, warm, watching hockey. Someone send me a PM when it happens?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information