Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Government report: Al Qaeda strongest since September 11, 2001

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    So, is this how the whole of Canada is viewing the US now? Is this what you guys read in your papers? OMG
    1) Yes.

2) No, it's what is patently obvious to anybody who looks around at the state of the US. Our news is WAY less filtered and skewed than yours.. yours, frankly, is ridiculous. Most news outlets down there simply repeat what Bush says, there's no investigative journalism.. there's no calling government officials out on obvious lies.. even the *slightest* bit of research would contradict EVERYTHING BushCo says but NO news outlets do it. It's popaganda 24/7.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

No wonder you're ready to hit them over the head.!! LOL
    I wish somebody would. Everything has become so extreme and sexed up. I don't know what to say. LOL

Anyone who disagrees w/the current regime around here is considered a left-wing liberal - which is considered a major insult. I laugh because everyone says how 'easy' we are on the democrats yet we tried to impeach Clinton over a blow job yet Bush mislead the WORLD on the war and yet no impeach - go figure.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours.

Funny.

Being a left-wing liberal up in Canada is a compliment, unless you live in Alberta which is the lame-assed douchey version of texas up here.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

[quote=kchal;746274]Anyone who disagrees w/the current regime around here is considered a left-wing liberal - which is considered a major insult. I laugh because everyone says how 'easy' we are on the democrats yet we tried to impeach Clinton over a blow job yet Bush mislead the WORLD on the war and yet no impeach - go figure.[/quote]
    I'm not trying to sound hateful, but Clinton is backward f@ckhead also.

Compared to Bush he's practically Ghandi.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I've long thought that nothing will be done by the American people on any scale large enough to make a difference until they institute a draft. Which, if we invade Iran, I don't think will be far around the corner. I think that's about the only thing that will get people outta their chairs and sit up and take notice.
    The support for Iraq poll numbers have been low for eons. The general public is tired of it and wants out. It'll take Bush's Republican buddies in Congress and a few Democrats to wake the hell up. Slowly they are, just yesterday Senator Voinovich (R and buds with Bush) said Bush and his administration "fucked up the war".

Even then, W still has his red crayon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Compared to Bush he's practically Ghandi.
    LOL, yeah.
    I'm so sick of having Presidents that are backward retards. There are no formalities; they sound ignorant when they speak. \

=We'll never appreciate a liberal democrat because there hasn't been many good examples. B. Clinton from Arkansas included.

Oh i dunno.. under Clinton, the economy was booming, multilateral communication was taking off, the US had a 500 billion surplus, environmental stewardship was making gains, social programs were well funded, education was better, and the US wasn't embroiled in a new Vietnam.

Seems pretty good to me.

Oh right, he got a blowjob. Who the fuck cares.

I'm sure he doesn't create that all by himself?
    Could it be the timing for the economy?

What do we do after the economy and the housing market settles?

It will take a different management style eventually.

Oh i dunno.. under Clinton, the economy was booming, multilateral communication was taking off, the US had a 500 billion surplus, environmental stewardship was making gains, social programs were well funded, education was better, and the US wasn't embroiled in a new Vietnam.

Seems pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    I'm sure he doesn't create that all by himself?
    Could it be the timing for the economy?
    No, his policies fostered the wealth and help push the tech bubble to the insane heights it reached, except that the bubble went too far and then crashed.. even when it did, the economy was still in good shape.

What do we do after the economy and the housing market settles?
    The housing market is going to implode on itself (it's already started) and all those subprime loans that defaulted are going to cost about 100 billion. Can you say new recession? That's all thanks to Bush and his neocon policies of letting industry self regulate.. this is what happens.

It will take a different management style eventually.
    yeah, see that's the thing: conservative spending policies NEVER EVER WORK. They never have. Every time a conservative gets into power the debt skyrockets, they spend money on fancy new bombs and other pork barrell bullshit and they basically trash the economy.. then a liberal has to go in, spend 10 years cleaning it up only to get voted out of office and another conservative steps in to screw things up again.

The housing market is going to implode on itself (it's already started) and all those subprime loans that defaulted are going to cost about 100 billion. Can you say new recession? That's all thanks to Bush and his neocon policies of letting industry self regulate.. this is what happens.

See, this is what scares me mostly. Our suburbs aren't communities really. I don't even think they account for the environment very well.

It has been entirely nonstop building and 'development'.
    Do people even socialize in these communities?

There must be a huge difference between what is a Province in Canada compared to a State in the US?

Seems pretty good to me.

That's exactly what I think. I'm not politically minded, but I do know that things seemed way less screwed up when Bill was pres than they do now. Everything you said is true.

That's why I don't understand why everyone is so ready to jump Clinton's shit, as it is not a meaningful defense to the state our country is in now thanks to Bush and his cronies. The downward spiral and changes our country has been through in the last six plus years is like comparing apples and oranges when you think of what it was like under Clinton. It's like it's not even the same country. What was so bad about Clinton's time?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information