Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Government report: Al Qaeda strongest since September 11, 2001

BushCo. isn't worried about the 2008 election.

That means the rest of us should be.

They aren't backing down on Iraq even with a failed policy, and an election coming up? They should be scared shitless.

They're ramping up a war with Iran.. 2 carrier groups are already over there, and now Bush is talking about sending even MORE troops to Iraq. Cheney is pushing for an attack on Iran before Bush's term ends.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

[quote=Grimmlok;743061]BushCo. isn't worried about the 2008 election.

That means the rest of us should be.

They aren't backing down on Iraq even with a failed policy, and an election coming up? They should be scared shitless.

They're ramping up a war with Iran.. 2 carrier groups are already over there, and now Bush is talking about sending even MORE troops to Iraq. Cheney is pushing for an attack on Iran before Bush's term ends.[/quote]
    So, they're trying f*ck things up for good that there is no way out!? EVER!!

You are totally right by saying that our people need to be de-programmed before anything changes.

a scary comment gleaned elsewhere..

I have a contact who works part-time in the Pentagon. He tells me that Pace had told many Pentagon staffers that (in so many words) Bush is going to attack Iran no matter what the hell happens in Iraq or Congress.

By not impeaching Bush and Cheney, we are watching the destruction of America (and the Middle East) before our very eyes...
    Ronin | 07.17.07 - 11:03 am | #
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I think they never got weak. What scares me is how many of them are already here. Work on that shit FIRST.
    I agree that we need to be making more efforts to get them out... the problem is that whenever we try to take the necessary measures, there is an outcry from people who feel that "rights" to privacy are being violated. It's going to be impossible to locate terrorists and remove them without a little bit of invasion of privacy, and unfortunately as long as people keep resisting that, we're SOL.

There is NO need for warrantless wiretaps, warrantless e-mail entry, or warrantless home invasion.

Those are the 'tools' Bush and his freaks say are 'essential' for rooting out 'terrorism'. It's bullshit.

Criminalxs and international terrorists were caught and convicted with warrants and within the process of the law before. Bush is just powergrabbing to expand the power of the unitary executive.

Anybody with a grasp of history knows that fear is a huge lever and can be used to make a population do anything or hand over any rights in order to be 'protected'. Worked great for the Nazis and the same techniques are being used today.

So really, that crap about "oh, we have To give up our freedoms in order to save them" is ridiculous doublespeak. If you can't operate within the confines of the system of law and freedoms you tout as being a model of superiority and worth defending, then the terrorists have already won.

I mean, does anybody know that Bush has already signed a martial law decree that essentially makes him absolute dictator over EVERY level of government, right down to the particular departments, in a time of "crisis"? Did you know that said "crisis" is so loosely defined in this new law as to encompass pretty much anything, anywhere, at any time that he can choose?

Probably not. Is THAT necessary?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    a scary comment gleaned elsewhere..
    I have a contact who works part-time in the Pentagon. He tells me that Pace had told many Pentagon staffers that (in so many words) Bush is going to attack Iran no matter what the hell happens in Iraq or Congress.

By not impeaching Bush and Cheney, we are watching the destruction of America (and the Middle East) before our very eyes...
    Ronin | 07.17.07 - 11:03 am | #
    yeah that is fucking scary and very plausible
    i see him doing this in his last year too, which is right around the corner.

in a word; i'm scared. scared for my life actually.

Silver Member

^^^
    Okay I am scared now. Seriously, not being sarcastic. Reading that made my heart beat faster. God, I really hope, fingers crossed, that the American people will rise up and overthrow this administration. Okay Grimm, you need to stop pointing out the obvious, it scares me. The terrorist we need to root out are Bush and Cheney. Next time you say that soldiers are protecting our freedom, think again. The only soldiers who fight to protect our freedoms, will be the ones who oust our current administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    ^^^
    Okay I am scared now. Seriously, not being sarcastic. Reading that made my heart beat faster. God, I really hope, fingers crossed, that the American people will rise up and overthrow this administration. Okay Grimm, you need to stop pointing out the obvious, it scares me. The terrorist we need to root out are Bush and Cheney. Next time you say that soldiers are protecting our freedom, think again. The only soldiers who fight to protect our freedoms, will be the ones who oust our current administration.
    The sad part is the American people had that chance in 2004, and threw it away. Now, we're stuck with Bush, Cheney, and the other crooks until January 2009 when the new president takes office. That is, if Bush and Co. don't try to pull off a coup to stay in office, which wouldn't shock me.

I believe it. The Guardian came out with an article about this yesterday.

It's Iraq all over again. Just when Iran has an agreement with the IAEA for inspections, Dick is pushing Bush even more to strike, which goes against the recomendations of Rice and Gates.

Same old song and dance. Hit em before they can prove their innocence and ask questions later.

There is NO need for warrantless wiretaps, warrantless e-mail entry, or warrantless home invasion.

Those are the 'tools' Bush and his freaks say are 'essential' for rooting out 'terrorism'. It's bullshit.

Criminalxs and international terrorists were caught and convicted with warrants and within the process of the law before. Bush is just powergrabbing to expand the power of the unitary executive.

Anybody with a grasp of history knows that fear is a huge lever and can be used to make a population do anything or hand over any rights in order to be 'protected'. Worked great for the Nazis and the same techniques are being used today.

So really, that crap about "oh, we have To give up our freedoms in order to save them" is ridiculous doublespeak. If you can't operate within the confines of the system of law and freedoms you tout as being a model of superiority and worth defending, then the terrorists have already won.

I mean, does anybody know that Bush has already signed a martial law decree that essentially makes him absolute dictator over EVERY level of government, right down to the particular departments, in a time of "crisis"? Did you know that said "crisis" is so loosely defined in this new law as to encompass pretty much anything, anywhere, at any time that he can choose?

Probably not. Is THAT necessary?
    Why do they make us feel overly pernoid?
    I think that there is a fundamental flaw in our polices.
    And also the States are mainly dictated by the Federal government. That's always been the case. We've always been 'dictated' that way. That is nothing new.

They make you feel overly paranoid so you shut the fuck up and do what they say, because they say they'll keep you 'safe'.

There's a difference between federal law (something that stitches all the states together in common cause) and abject fearmongering for political and power purposes.

I've long thought that nothing will be done by the American people on any scale large enough to make a difference until they institute a draft. Which, if we invade Iran, I don't think will be far around the corner. I think that's about the only thing that will get people outta their chairs and sit up and take notice.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Well yeah, wars are fine when they don't affect you. The second a draft starts up, all the complacent college kids will go protesting and all the parents will raise holy hell.

Of course, the second the draft is instituted is the second whoever put it in place can kiss their job and career goodbye.

They make you feel overly paranoid so you shut the fuck up and do what they say, because they say they'll keep you 'safe'.

There's a difference between federal law (something that stitches all the states together in common cause) and abject fearmongering for political and power purposes.
    So, is this how the whole of Canada is viewing the US now? Is this what you guys read in your papers? OMG

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I've long thought that nothing will be done by the American people on any scale large enough to make a difference until they institute a draft. Which, if we invade Iran, I don't think will be far around the corner. I think that's about the only thing that will get people outta their chairs and sit up and take notice.
    Yeah right, we're such a 'melting pot' people wouldn't know what they are fighting for. Living in the US has it's benefits surely?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information