View Poll Results: George W. Bush..what do you think would be correct?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shot and hung by his heels in Times Square

8 25.81%
  • Beaten and then tried by the World Court for Crimes against humanity

18 58.06%
  • Exiled for life to a deserted Pacific atoll

11 35.48%
  • Delivered straight into the Devil's asshole?

21 67.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: George W. Bush should be...

Default Re: George W. Bush should be...

There were all kinds of voting irregulaties in Ohio. There has never been any real accounting given for why voting machines were moved from inner-city or Democratic strongholds, and moved to areas that were more Republican in nature. This resulted in hardly any waiting, confusion, etc. im most strongly Republican districts..while in some of the inner city areas (like my own) had machines breaking down, huge waits(up to 4 hours plus). I have lived in the same home since 1987 and have always voted and never waited more than ten minutes ever. This time I waited up to 3 hours...the lines went out of the building and people were standing in the rain. There was a constant steady rain and people were having to stand in it. Alot of people gave up and left. When I got close enough to see I could tell that the nunber of machines was less than half of what it had been previously when voting. And they knew that this area would have a high turnout, as there were a number of issues at stake as well as the presidential election.
    I am sure Grimmlok has more info on this and would be better able to explain the voting 'irregulaties'..provide the quotes, the statistical facts, etc. He is bgetter at that than I am. But I know what I experienced and what was reported to have happened in this city and state.
    No one involved with the moving of the machines(and I am restricting myself to just that aspect of the 'irregulaties') has given a reasonable reason or response to this. Also I am not a 'conspiracy theorist' and my posting history does not support that. You have no ongoing 'resource base' of my posts, given that you are a fairly new poster here, to make such an accusation. Making accusations like that without having a reasonable knowledge base to draw up such a conclusion simply weakens and cheapens the posts that you include them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    There were all kinds of voting irregulaties in Ohio. There has never been any real accounting given for why voting machines were moved from inner-city or Democratic strongholds, and moved to areas that were more Republican in nature. This resulted in hardly any waiting, confusion, etc. im most strongly Republican districts..while in some of the inner city areas (like my own) had machines breaking down, huge waits(up to 4 hours plus). I have lived in the same home since 1987 and have always voted and never waited more than ten minutes ever. This time I waited up to 3 hours...the lines went out of the building and people were standing in the rain. There was a constant steady rain and people were having to stand in it. Alot of people gave up and left. When I got close enough to see I could tell that the nunber of machines was less than half of what it had been previously when voting. And they knew that this area would have a high turnout, as there were a number of issues at stake as well as the presidential election.
    I am sure Grimmlok has more info on this and would be better able to explain the voting 'irregulaties'..provide the quotes, the statistical facts, etc. He is bgetter at that than I am. But I know what I experienced and what was reported to have happened in this city and state.
    No one involved with the moving of the machines(and I am restricting myself to just that aspect of the 'irregulaties') has given a reasonable reason or response to this. Also I am not a 'conspiracy theorist' and my posting history does not support that. You have no ongoing 'resource base' of my posts, given that you are a fairly new poster here, to make such an accusation. Making accusations like that without having a reasonable knowledge base to draw up such a conclusion simply weakens and cheapens the posts that you include them in.
    So from your perspective because they didn't have as many machines as you felt they should AND horrors you had to wait in the rain to vote this equals a vast multi-tentacled conspiracy planned and executed by "minions" of evil? come on already! I have waited to vote on more than one occasion and I wasn't seeing shadowy figures lurking about as the cause of it.

CLAIM: Voting patterns in some Florida counties were suspicious because Bush got many more votes than the number of registered Republicans.

Several impressive-looking charts and graphs are flying around. MSNBC's Keith Olbermann singled out five Florida counties for what he called a "sudden" outbreak of "irregularities:" Baker, Dixie, Holmes, Lafayette and Liberty.

In those counties, Republicans make up only 7 to 24 percent of registered voters. But Bush won there with between 64 and 78 percent of the vote.

How can this be? Easy. They are northern "Dixiecrat" counties where being a registered Democrat but voting Republican is an old habit. The same counties voted overwhelmingly for Bush in 2000, and his father in 1988 - when registered Republicans made up as little as 2 percent of the electorate!

By the way, to make this claim, the conspiracy folks have had to contend that voting was more suspicious in counties without electronic machines.

CLAIM: Touch screen machines in Broward County started "counting backwards."

No, they didn't. The voting machines in the precincts worked fine.

Broward's central vote-counter was not programmed to expect more than 32,000 votes in any single precinct.

With the limit exceeded, the running totals in four races (all constitutional amendments) did, indeed, start declining.

Observers quickly noticed it. It got fixed. The accuracy of the individual voting machines was never in question. Nobody's vote was a "negative" that subtracted from the vote totals.

CLAIM: Palm Beach County reported getting more votes for president than the total turnout.

No, it didn't. The initial voter-turnout figure on the state's Web site didn't include absentees, that's all.

CLAIM: Several hundred ballots in Seminole County were "mysteriously" wet and could not be read.

Sort of. About half of 1,500 blank ballots in one precinct, at a church, got wet and nobody knows how. They got more ballots. Nobody was denied.

CLAIM: There was a suspicious difference between the exit polls and the final results.

My goodness! All of a sudden the art of polling, which my Democratic friends were insisting was unreliable right up until the election, is now is to be taken as gospel. Exit polls are "never wrong."

The exaggerations continue to grow. Kerry's lead in the exit polls keeps getting bigger. The polls' margin of error keeps getting smaller.

The Florida exit polls from Election Day are lined up on my desk. The biggest lead Kerry had was 51-49. The last update showed 50-50. The actual result was 52-47. Within the margin of error. Sorry.

CLAIM: In some precincts, voting machines started Election Day with "extra" votes already added.

This one actually was started by Republican poll watchers in Democratic precincts in Philadelphia. They even summoned the District Attorney's Office for a raid. They were entirely mistaken.

Here's the kicker: Over the past week, the Republican angle has been stripped away, and I have heard several Democrats complaining about machines starting out with extra votes.

CLAIM: A machine in Franklin County, Ohio, recorded an extra 3,893 votes for Bush.

This is perfectly true, and one of at least two serious machine mistakes around the country. When the results cartridge of an older-generation machine was plugged in to the counter, it reported almost 4,000 extra votes for Bush, when only 638 people had voted in the precinct.

At the risk of being labeled part of the plot, I want to point out that they caught this obvious mistake. You can't "stuff' the ballot box. There is a signed, independent record of how many people voted.

CLAIM: Kerry really won Ohio.

There are still 155,000 or so uncounted provisional and absentee ballots. If by some miracle Kerry got almost all of them, he would win. A miracle.

Furthermore, there also were 93,000 "spoiled" ballots in Ohio that, had they gone to Kerry by a miraculously large margin . . . uh, well, still wouldn't have been enough. By the way, there were fewer undervotes and overvotes than in 2000.

CLAIM: Electronic voting machines in Carteret County, N.C., mysteriously "lost" more than 4,500 votes - most of the votes cast in the county election!

This one is true, too, and disturbing. According to the Carteret County News-Times, the county's machines counted only the first 3,005 votes and didn't count the rest.

The Carteret screwup didn't change the presidential outcome, but a couple of state races were close enough to be affected. Besides, the standard of "no harm, no foul" is not good enough. But I would point out that even this mistake was obvious and immediately detected.
    Monday, June 19, 2006 10:27 a.m. EDT

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. 2004 Voter Theft Theory Debunked

Cleveland’s leading newspaper has checked out a new article by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. claiming that Republicans "stole” the 2004 presidential election in Ohio, and concluded that Kennedy’s story is "nonsense.”

In the June 15 issue of Rolling Stone, under the headline "Was the 2004 Election Stolen?” Kennedy writes: "A review of the available data reveals that in Ohio alone, at least 357,000 voters, the overwhelming majority of them Democratic, were prevented from casting ballots or did not have their votes counted in 2004 -- more than enough to shift the results of an election decided by 118,601 votes.”

But the Cleveland Plain Dealer – regarded as anything but a conservative newspaper – headlines a June 18 article: "Rest assured, we checked out Election 2004 thoroughly,” and states: "There was no shortage of mistakes made in vote counting. There were voters who should have been registered but weren’t, polling places with lines that were too long and without enough voting machines, and decisions from [Secretary of State Ken] Blackwell that appeared to be partisan.

"All these mistakes and misjudgments took votes from both candidates, but probably more from Kerry. But they didn’t add up to nearly enough votes to swing Ohio from Bush to Kerry. "The mistakes were … bipartisan in nature and not a result of Republican chicanery.”

The Plain Dealer article by Ted Diadiun points to several instances when Kennedy "ignored” the facts, including:

"In his online footnotes, Kennedy refers no less than a half-dozen times to a five-month-long post-election investigation commissioned by the Democratic National Committee called ‘Democracy at Risk.’

"Somehow he never gets around to quoting the DNC investigative team’s conclusion that ‘The statistical study of precinct-level data does not suggest the occurrence of widespread fraud that systemically misallocated votes from Kerry to Bush.”

The newspaper also notes: "Kennedy saw conspiracy in a Franklin County foul-up that resulted in far too few voting machines at a polling place in a heavily black area that would presumably vote mainly for Kerry.

"But he didn’t tell his readers that the chairman of the Franklin County elections board, who oversaw the county’s voting machine allocation, was a black man who also chairs the county Democratic Party. Not a likely candidate to steal votes for Bush.”

Plain Dealer Metro Editor Jean Dubail said this about the Kennedy article: "My first reaction after reading the thing was how little actual news there was in it.”

Carl Weiser, government and public affairs editor for the Cincinnati Enquirer, expressed similar sentiments: "I read it and nothing in there was really new. The folks who know Ohio elections best checked into it and found there was no conspiracy.”

And a story by Farhad Manjoo on the Web site Salon.com – another news source that’s far from conservative – states: "If you do read Kennedy’s article, be prepared to machete your way through numerous errors of interpretations and his deliberate omission of key bits of data.”

The Plain Dealer concludes: "The less somebody knows about the 2004 Ohio election and the farther away from Ohio he is, the more likely he is to find merit in that Rolling Stone piece. And since our audience is right here in Northeast Ohio, I’m sure that most of you have already figured out that it’s nonsense.”

Quote Originally Posted by JungleMonkey
    So from your perspective because they didn't have as many machines as you felt they should AND horrors you had to wait in the rain to vote this equals a vast multi-tentacled conspiracy planned and executed by "minions" of evil? come on already! I have waited to vote on more than one occasion and I wasn't seeing shadowy figures lurking about as the cause of it.
    Exactly when did I use the words 'vast multi tentacled conspiracy planned and executed by minions of evil'? don't attribute crazy rantings that you make up to be something that I have said. Again you are embarrassing yourself. When did I say I was seeing 'shadowy figures lurking about'..by attributing this garbage to me you are coming really close to being a liar. In no way did anything I said suggest the wild rantings that you are considering here as 'my perspective'. Noticed how you had one quote that mentioned Franklin County Ohio(where I live) -and there was a voting machine error! Also souce your quotes! Where is this info coming from? some rightwing source???? What you are quoting is not worth crap if it is not from some legitimate news source.
    Also I think that I am not overstating anything when (Again are you listening??.).I have gone to the same place since 1987 and had no longer than a ten minute wait EVER and it was up to 4 hours long and PEOPLE WERE WAITING IN THE RAIN AND GAVE UP AND LEFT. They had LESS THAN HALF THE NORMAL MACHINES but were expecting a high turnout. How do you explain it if you know so much about what happened in my county in my district on that day. Your response to my comment was really pathetic IMO.

I got it from slate.com

There's no use debating with JungleMonkey. JM is allergic to facts.

Anybody who supports Bush after starting 2 failed wars, losing an entire American city, gutting the middle class and BANKRUPTING THE COUNTRY is a fucking idiot.

Name one good thing he's done that deserves your support. Seriously. Good luck.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Does his amusing butchery of the english language count?

.. that's more a circus sideshow, and you're not laughing WITH him... so no
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

In Franklin County, where Franklin County Board of Elections Director Matt Damschroder is also the former Executive Director of the county’s Republican Party, the county Board of Elections building looked like a bunker. Scores of city buses blocked parking spaces on the street outside, numerous concrete barricades surrounded the parking lot, and a metal detector was stationed at the only entrance. A phalanx of armed deputy sheriffs swarmed the only site where provisional voters could cast a guaranteed ballot. The Columbus Dispatch confirmed an Election Day Free Press story that far fewer voting machines were present in predominantly black Democratic inner-city voting wards than in the recent primary election and the 2000 presidential election, with their lighter turnouts. The reduced number of machines caused voters to wait up to seven hours and wait an average of approximately three hours. One Republican Central Committee member told the Free Press that Damschroder held back as many as 2000 machines and dispersed many of the other machines to affluent suburbs in Franklin County.

County's absentee ballot forms are designed in ways strikingly reminiscent of those notorious butterfly ballots in the Florida 2000 presidential election. On Franklin County absentee ballot forms, Kerry is the third name on the list of presidential candidates on the left side of the ballot. But, the punch card is designed to fit in the middle, so the actual number you punch for Kerry is hole "4." If you mistakenly punch hole "3" you've just voted for Bush.

http://www.ideamouth.com/voterfraud.htm

just looking for info ..will check more from the Dispatch(a conservative paper that backed Bush) and run by the Wolfe family who are very Republican

How many people are going to go to work, then go vote when the AVERAGE wait was 3 hours..but up to SEVEN hours.

Another source(too long..just will source)
    http://www.harpers.org/ExcerptNoneDare.html

*yeah and I am the 'conspiracy theorist with the tin foil hat..please!*
    Last edited by Sojiita; June 26th, 2006 at 11:31 PM.

You hear that, all you naysayers? It isn't called "conspiracy," it's called "damn good planning." The bastards.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

And usual political tricks by the Republican party. They're notorious of pulling favors to make things go in their favor. I saw it first hand the year I spend working for the Repub head of one state.

If believing that makes me a conspiracy theorist then pass the freaking roll of tin foil.

Sojita: don't forget about the GOP scam to tie up all the democrat phone lines too, there's a scandal going on about that right now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information