Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Gay Adoption- Your honest thoughts

I just can't comprehend this. To me it is a moot point. Children need unconditional love and whether it come from a man and woman, woman and woman or man and man who cares? There are so many fucked up hetero couples that procreate and don't give their children the love. I am part of a hetereo couple having problems conceiving and i would give a loving home. But sexual orientation should not be a factor. B/c in the end love is all that matters. If anyone is willing to give a needy child a home than what is the problem???? This world is so messed up if a child is unwanted by some let it be loved by another. I really just don't get it.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^
    exactly! it sure is a moot point; especially in this day and age; its 2007 people!!!!!

Eli

I was watching an oldy of Grey's Anatomy tonight with that boy from Heroes and his two gay Dads. SOOOO has changed my view.
    Besides if it's true that they DO need women in the team, then the flamboyant dad would make do more than enough. Goodness he was insanely girly.

Sorry, sort of off point there.

As long as it's not Rosie I don't see a problem with it.

I like men and I'm married to one. My cousin, on the other hand, was born gay and was just meant to be that way. I see nothing wrong with it. If he ever wanted to adopt I'd support him 100%.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    i used to work at an adoption place that placed hard to place kids in homes of gays. It was amazing to see how these kids flourished with these men and women. Some were single parents, some were not. these kids were happy, loved and well cared for. i might also add, that a LOT of these kids came from a home where both parents abused them. i dont think God intended for THAT to happen. i think that a child should be raised by someone who will create a loving, caring environment, and if that person happens to be gay, then so be it.
    What she said!

Gold Member

As long as a child is loved and supported, who cares about such details?

I look at it this way. Its better for a kid to be raised by two loving gay parents than by a set of heteros stuck in a sham of a marriage involving a closeted homo father who sneaks out at night to suck dick in the local park and a mother who lives in constant fear that her distant, unloving husband is going to leave her.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    I just can't comprehend this. To me it is a moot point. Children need unconditional love and whether it come from a man and woman, woman and woman or man and man who cares? There are so many fucked up hetero couples that procreate and don't give their children the love. I am part of a hetereo couple having problems conceiving and i would give a loving home. But sexual orientation should not be a factor. B/c in the end love is all that matters. If anyone is willing to give a needy child a home than what is the problem???? This world is so messed up if a child is unwanted by some let it be loved by another. I really just don't get it.
    +1

As long as the child is love and taken care of it should not matter at all. There are too many children out there that need homes, it's in our duty as humans to give them that be in any way possible. I just can't stand how we are supposed to be the most advanced society yet we still rely on the puritan views of our ancestors. If there is a God I believe he/she would be happier that a child has found a loving home with two homosexuals rather than live in orphanage or be abused. Just my 2 cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I cannot help but think of my cousins neighbors-2 gay men who took in two little neglected children from a drug household and description given of the little girls "Princess Party" they gave her-the whole sidewalk painted lavender for the occasion and oodles of new little friends. She and her baby brother are surrounded with love and devotion and never will go hungry or feel fear again. Unless her outfit is flawed & then EVERYONE will fly into action!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That's funny, McJag!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

my friend is having twin girls soon, im so freakin' excited!

I would have loved to have been raised by a loving same-sex couple, rather than the completely fooked up hetero ones I had. I'm all for any adoption by functional loving people!

Silver Member

I am 100% for gays adopting. There is no reason for keeping them from doing so. NONE.

Honestly, a child would be LUCKY if he/she were born into a loving home, regardless if it was a man/man, woman/woman, man/woman raising the child. I think love surpasses all and if a child can grow up in such a caring environment even better for the child. I don't understand why this is debated. There are plenty of deadbeat dads and moms, sex doesn't equate responsibility!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I come from an older generation and i know my opinion would be unpopular,but i believe that nature knows best.
    If a pair of the same sex could be able to conceive naturally i would be all for it.
    Going against nature is dangerous in most ways,but that is me..
    There might come a time ,there wont be a classic mom dad family,we will live off green pills and cockroaches will rule
    I will happily push up daisies by then..
    I'm pushing 60 and have no problem whatsoever with it. I've been to 2 gay weddings and one couple, (lesbians) are expecting their first child. they were able to use IVF and they and their parents are so excited. there is no shortage of male role models in the extended family. Some dads are real assholes and would be terrible role models, so I just don't get the oposition.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information