Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Gay Adoption- Your honest thoughts

oh my, I cannot believe people think that gay men would not be fatherly...Of course not everyone has the want to be a parent but I don't see how being gay takes that drive away. Honestly, I would think a gay man would make a good father; and not to stereotype here, but gay men seem more compassionate and nurturing at times then straight men. You know, a lot of women love having a gay man as a good friend because they know they have a VERY good friend and a friend for life.

Yeah i mean, hello, not nurturing? How many gay men are out there without at least 1 dog?

Besides me, NONE!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well Grimm, you have to get a dog before we will allow you to have a child.

I had a dog, and one before that too

My living situation right now doesn't permit me to get one, but I'd love a dog.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You seem to be an alright guy anway.

I can't believe that there could even be this kind of question in 2007.....the older I get, the more humanity depresses me.....

What does it say about humanity that its ok for whacky hollywood celebs to run about the world adopting kids.....and people think its great...yeah, stars- your sooo kind and generous and caring.....

but they question the correctness of gay people to adopt?????

What the f does any parent's sexuality have to do with the ability to raise a child......

Well you don't want the kids catching TEH GHEY disease.

Some years ago,gay bashing was normal.
    Now ,gay loving is trendy.
    I fall in neither category,for me it makes no difference at all.
    D&G famous gay couple in an interwew,where strongly against gay adoptions.
    It could be the Meditteranean culture..
    Anyway,i will say no more on the matter.
    Only that for me,gay or not,black .white or yellow,fat and skinny,it just comes down to beeing good or bad people.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Ok, I can't read this thread. I won't read this thread because a) I don't wanna and b)I don't need to.
    Gay people should be able to adopt. I'm certain that many gay people would qualify as far better parents than me (and I'm damn good). Shedevil and I had an uncle who was gay and was someone's dad. Being gay didn't make him a bad father. Not being around too much did - but how many fucking hetero males drop sperm and send a check? A fuckload of em. If I were a lesbian, you couldn't stop me from being a parent and frankly, you can't stop anybody. Which side your bread is buttered on doesn't equal "great parent". Fuck I hate these threads.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Well you don't want the kids catching TEH GHEY disease.
    I wonder what I did wrong then ... as far as I know, both of my kids are straight as arrows. I was kind of disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Soj - we have known each other for a very long time now. If you seriously believe that I'm a bigot then there's nothing more to say really.
    Of course I was just responding to your post-I was not targeting you specifically. No I do not think you are a bigot. I apologized for what I wrote before because I misread the thread(was reading fast) and attributed something to you that you did not post(and was naturally shocked and appalled that you would say that-which of course you did not-it was someone else..my bad-I should have known better). And from your posts I do not even think you are opposed to gay adoption..you just have some questions which is fine. And your questions are based on real world real-life stuff-what actually will happen with the socialization of the child with other children, etc..and not the 'morality' stuff that is is against God, nature, etc. etc. I can deal with your questions and all because they are reasonable ones based in real world life situations. I did not mean that post to come off so much against you..was just the 'PC' part that got me rile..lol.

I really do see this issue though in the same light as someone posting 'Do you think Blacks really deserve the right to marry outside their race" or " Do you really think that women deserve the right to vote"...that is how this question and this thread appear to me..and it is hurtful and infuriating. If you can understand how I see this thread question as similar to those two examples, then maybe you can see why I feel there is little room for intelligent conversation-this should be a done deal..and that there is even a conversation going on about it is demoralizing and pisses me off.

Can you imagine if someone posted something like say, "Women should have the right to vote taken away from them because of who they are" and then expecting to have an intelligent conversation regarding the pros and cons of such a thing? It is insulting IMO. It would be like getting down in the gutter to even discuss the pros and cons..and that is how it feels..like getting in the gutter to defend something that should NOT NEED DEFENDING..something that is just a basic human rights/civil rights issue.

We have known eachother(as if we really CAN know eachother online..lol)along time and I am sorry for offending you..and again I do not think you are a bigot, nor do I think based on your posts that you are opposed to gay adoption-you just have some concerns about how it is 'assimilated' if I am reading you correctly.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by doriangray View Post
    if one wants to argue the nature route then a baby doesn't really need a father either. a woman just needs his sperm and maybe to drop some groceries once in a while.
    i don't think it really matters but i do wonder why gay guys especially want to get into the baby game anyway. gay men have a very important role but i don't think it's child rearing.
    Do you actually know any men in your real life? If so, I hope you don't tell them what you think about them, or they won't be in your life long......

News Flash - Men are people, too.....with feelings and needs and ability to nurture......

P.S. There is a good article in the USAToday about this issue. Single men adopting foster children as their only chance of adopting.
    Last edited by cynic; June 15th, 2007 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I wonder what I did wrong then ... as far as I know, both of my kids are straight as arrows. I was kind of disappointed.
    to quote jack (will & grace)....."Making someone gay is harder than I thought....I wonder how my mother did it"

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Now ,gay loving is trendy.
    No, it has nothing to do with trends, people in 2007 are more educated! And would you say "loving people of other race is trendy" just because there is less racism today than there was 50 years ago? Please...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

IN certain parts of Europe facism is worse now than fifty years ago,and people is more educated,education is a factor,but not the only one.If all people verbally defending gay rights were to act upon it,there wont be a debate here today.That will be all.i thought a honest opinion was asked,not a popular one.I might be a bigot,ignorant ,uneducated old lady,but honest too
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information