Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: A completely random but intriguing thought about people with down-syndrome

She didn't say lurking makes you a stalker. She said people are getting creeped out because said lurker acts like she's been posting for years and as if everyone on the board is her best friend. When in fact, the lurked, haven't had the advantage of watching her for years so sh'e's nothing more than a perfect stranger. You can't assume an intimacy with people just because you've been following them.
    Kittylady likes this.

Well yeah, I didn't see her original post so I might have missed out some key points. Wookie-Chick has posted quite a lot, at least I do recognize her profile name so she is not someone who has made an account last week and then claimed to know you all for years. So if you guys have not payed attention to her doesn't make her complete unknown in the forum. I should probably stop posting about this now, before you all jump on me and call me troll and stalker.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Imagine dating a guy and after a couple of months you talk wedding plans and baby names..He ll freak out.We did.Simple.We love new members ,we we one ourselves.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    Do you guys realize at all how much there is a shit ton of members and guests who do not post at all, but read your threads daily? And as they have read the posts daily for years and years they might feel that they kind of know you, but you don't know anything about them. I don't read or post much to subforums other than gossipy ones (I do look from time to time when I'm extremely bored), but I've been here for years and recognize the members ones who post more frequently. I'm sure that you guys have no clue who I am, since I don't post much. That still does not make me a stalker.
    Quite interesting
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Do you guys realize at all how much there is a shit ton of members and guests who do not post at all, but read your threads daily? And as they have read the posts daily for years and years they might feel that they kind of know you, but you don't know anything about them. I don't read or post much to subforums other than gossipy ones (I do look from time to time when I'm extremely bored), but I've been here for years and recognize the members ones who post more frequently. I'm sure that you guys have no clue who I am, since I don't post much. That still does not make me a stalker.
    Not true, I recognize your username and even remember which country (of astounding beauty btw) you are from, our awesome and gorgeous Linne!

Now tell me that didn't creep you out just a little.
    Last edited by Ravenna; March 3rd, 2015 at 07:36 AM.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Ok,Rav,the name of Linne,s country..

I think she's from *** . I travelled there last year and the landscape is truly breathtaking.

(obviously she must have mentioned it here and some point, but I'll delete it if she doesn't want it mentioned now)

eta: removed just in case.
    Last edited by Ravenna; March 3rd, 2015 at 09:11 AM.

ok,thank you..Yanna will love this,she has a half norge baby T!

Well yeah, I didn't see her original post so I might have missed out some key points. Wookie-Chick has posted quite a lot, at least I do recognize her profile name so she is not someone who has made an account last week and then claimed to know you all for years. So if you guys have not payed attention to her doesn't make her complete unknown in the forum. I should probably stop posting about this now, before you all jump on me and call me troll and stalker.
    Trust that there is more to this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm not from Norway but close enough. The point that I was trying to make was that if you post to the site that has currently 500+ users online which only 47 are registered users I would not necessary call a member that has registered 2 years ago and has contributed with 2000+ posts a lurker and stalker. Over enthusiastic maybe (again I did not see the offending post). In every thread you can see which users read it atm and how many guests there is and that is worth paying attention to if you post a lot about yourself.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Maybe you should read the post..
    sputnik and czb like this.

^ @Linne Aren't you from Belgium?

I get what you are saying, Linne, but as Sluce said, I think there is more to this.

Ooooh,Brugge...i LOVE it there..so very beautiful..i had the very BEST choco muffing there too..

No I'm from Finland.

A place I would love to visit!

Linna - the post count is not always indicative of what is going on. In the post she deleted she referenced many people and issues that go back many years. She signed up in 2012 and had pretty much no posts until recently. We welcome all new posters and realize that many lurk at the beginning. I know I lurked until I felt I had a good feel for the board and was ready to contribute. Lurking for 2 years would be slighty unusual. Lurking for 10 years, and posting as she did, and then deleted, is much more telling.
    effie2 and msdeb like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information