Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 138
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: A completely random but intriguing thought about people with down-syndrome

  1. #61
    Elite Member Karistiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Alba
    Posts
    12,628

    Default

    hellkitty that was really interesting and informative. I do see the resemblance sometimes, but like others have said it's the same as other people look like certain animals.

    o/t did anyone ever read The Farseer books by Robin Hobb? I always thought Thick had Downs and he was such a lovie, one of my favourite characters, he's so interesting.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

  2. #62
    Gold Member HockeyRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ice Arena
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    My mom looked like our old cocker spaniel poodle mix dog. Especially when the permed "afro" hair was popular. She did not appreciate when we'd mention the similarities (which my brother and I would do when she was being bitchy).


    Another story... I worked with a man years ago who was very homely. (His personality certainly didn't help his cause either.) He was tall, thin, had a prominent chin and nose and gangly arms. His girlfriend had red hair and they both had freckles. They had a baby together. I swear the baby looked like a baby orangutan.

  3. #63
    Elite Member TheMoog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    all bound for Koo-Koo Land.....
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRules View Post
    My mom looked like our old cocker spaniel poodle mix dog. Especially when the permed "afro" hair was popular. She did not appreciate when we'd mention the similarities (which my brother and I would do when she was being bitchy).
    I've seen a woman who looked like a bloodhound once. Oh God, please don't let me get jowls like that.......

  4. #64
    Gold Member Reptillycus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada high desert
    Posts
    1,208

    Default

    My husband looks amazingly like a gorilla, but I love him anyway. His long arms do come in handy though changing lightbulbs and painting rooms.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

  5. #65
    Elite Member Icepik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    My husband looks amazingly like a gorilla, but I love him anyway. His long arms do come in handy though changing lightbulbs and painting rooms.
    !!!!!

  6. #66
    Elite Member Chilly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Trolltopia
    Posts
    29,139

    Default

    I have gorilla arms. Does anyone care?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-



  7. #67
    Elite Member TheMoog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    all bound for Koo-Koo Land.....
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reptillycus View Post
    My husband looks amazingly like a gorilla, but I love him anyway. His long arms do come in handy though changing lightbulbs and painting rooms.
    Aaw, he sounds cute

  8. #68
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    Another pointless and patently stupid thread..what's up with these threads Allie? LOL Not particularly offensive to me but utterly pointless and ..well..the kind of thread that one of these downs syndrome monkey people would start..LOL.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

  9. #69
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Another pointless and patently stupid thread..what's up with these threads Allie? LOL Not particularly offensive to me but utterly pointless and ..well..the kind of thread that one of these downs syndrome monkey people would start..LOL.
    Well that's me all over. Glad I caught this before you deleted it, too.
    It's not pointless really, I was curious about an observation and I made it loud. It's made for a lot of discussion.

  10. #70
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Well that's me all over. Glad I caught this before you deleted it, too.
    It's not pointless really, I was curious about an observation and I made it loud. It's made for a lot of discussion.
    sorry bout that..I was over the line with that. *embarrassed* I had forgotten all about posting that. Must have been one of my 'on the rag' type of days-which seem to be getting more frequent-must be a stress thing. Again sorry about it and I will try and be more careful about going all nuts and then posting shit on here.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

  11. #71
    Eli
    Eli is offline
    Hit By Ban Bus! Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Canyon
    Posts
    4,254

    Default

    Ew!

  12. #72
    Elite Member Grimmlok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In WhoreLand fucking your MOM
    Posts
    55,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    sorry bout that..I was over the line with that. *embarrassed* I had forgotten all about posting that. Must have been one of my 'on the rag' type of days-which seem to be getting more frequent-must be a stress thing. Again sorry about it and I will try and be more careful about going all nuts and then posting shit on here.

    *Rolls up a bedsheet and crams it up Sojita's giant toothy manclam*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

  13. #73
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I know this thread is old and may have been answered but this is a totally Valid question. Orangutans and people with downs syndrome do look similar. Both are stuck in a child like state. Its called neotony. Orangutans dont develop past a child hood state and this is also true for downs syndrome. So no you werent being horrible, it fascinated me for a long time too

  14. #74
    Gold Member Froogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,239

    Default

    Clubber Lang likes this.

  15. #75
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,516

    Default

    WTF is this bullshit? Thanks for the necro, it's always great to start the day in outraged fury. Fuckhead.
    Froogy, Clubber Lang and Kittylady like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Toxic wife syndrome
    By twitchy in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: March 26th, 2007, 11:14 PM
  2. Mel Gibson Hollywood's LEAST INTRIGUING PERSON
    By Sojiita in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 18th, 2006, 10:40 AM
  3. Govt. report: There is no Gulf War syndrome
    By AliceInWonderland in forum News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •