Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Govt. Falls in No Confidence Vote

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Canadian Govt. Falls in No Confidence Vote

[QUOTE=deckchick;69603]And we can't forget the billion, yes billion dollar cluster-fuck that is the Gun Registry.

Yes us Canadians do have guns, lots and lots of them, and all the legal owners have registered...but I am kinda thinking the criminal types forgot to.

What a stupid fucking idea...$1,000,000,000.00 and growing...

So, the Fiberals are a bunch of lying, thieving scumbags.

The Conservatives/Reformers are a bunch of Mini-Bushes... gays are evil, abortion is a sin, blah blah fucking blah.... more bible-thumping bullshit

Talk about a rock and a hard place... we have NOBODY to vote for...[/QUOTE]

welcome to our world.

Heehee.

I will laugh long & loud if the Liberals end up with more seats than before. Harper still freaks me out. And was he wearing eyeliner or was I just not awake this morning?!

I'd prefer to vote for the devil I know. Actually, I'm resigned to it.

I'll move to europe before I live under conservative religious rule. I find it abhorrent to my person, and myopic in scope.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This is purely anecdotal of course, but A LOT of people I have talked to and read posts by on various messageboards are saying they are voting Liberal because they are pissed the election was called.

I see no reason why they couldn't have just waited for Martin to call it after the Gomery Report was finished! I mean, they still could have forced it even if Martin didn't call it, and if he didn't that totally would have given so much support to the Tories!

I am soooo happy I am old enough to vote in this election! I missed the last one by 12 days! Grr.

Go Grits! :p

Silver Member

Thumbs down Re: Canadian Govt. Falls in No Confidence Vote

I can't believe any of you would continue to vote Liberal. Following the "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" is like an abused wife staying with her husband. You get kicked in the teeth but keep going back. What a joke. I'm proud to say in our last election here in Saskatchewan we were almost 100% PC. There was 1 Liberal seat and thank god, no NDP. Some of you might not like Harper but you're going to vote for a proven ass like Martin instead of a party that might have something different to offer? I am not pro PC, but I think to vote for what we've had over these last years is just ridiculous.

But to each his own...that's what make Canada great...we all get our say. Then again...since I live in the west none of our votes will have an impact on the election anyway.

I can NOT agree at all with the vast majority of the Conservative platform. And besides, everyone implicated in the Gomery Report so far is no longer a part of the current administration. There is nothing left that can be done, and I am satisfied with what has happened so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracko View Post
    I can't believe any of you would continue to vote Liberal. Following the "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" is like an abused wife staying with her husband. You get kicked in the teeth but keep going back. What a joke. I'm proud to say in our last election here in Saskatchewan we were almost 100% PC. There was 1 Liberal seat and thank god, no NDP. Some of you might not like Harper but you're going to vote for a proven ass like Martin instead of a party that might have something different to offer? I am not pro PC, but I think to vote for what we've had over these last years is just ridiculous.

But to each his own...that's what make Canada great...we all get our say. Then again...since I live in the west none of our votes will have an impact on the election anyway.
    Harper has had 18 months to come up with a platform and the best he could do today was mumble something about same sex marriage? There are far too many Reform rednecks in that wood pile for the average Canadian to risk voting for them.

As far as corruption is concerned, the Liberals are dirty, but then again, no politician took the country for a ride like Brian Mulroney. Apart from record-making sleazy patronage -- read On the Take sometime, it's an eyeopener -- graft and corruption, he brought us NAFTA, which made his US pals and his business friends rich, and screwed the rest of us.

The Conservatives, especially now under Harper and the likes of Peter McKay, are far less appealing to me than the NDs or even the Liberal hacks. At least the Libs and NDs have SOME honest members in their party. The Conservatives are a bumbling mess at this point.

Mulroney, and look what a mess Mike Harris the conservative made of Ontario during the 90's.. he fucking broke the province, and left it swimming in debt. Sound like anybody conservative? Mulroney, Bush, etc? It's always the same tactics and they always fuck the country up.. then the liberals have to spend 10 years intangling the mess and putting the country back on its fiscal feet, only to have the same thing happen again.

Harper wants to get rid of gay marriage (to hell with him, i'll marry who i want), put prayer back in schools, get rid of the healthcare system or bring in US style privatization, cozy up to Bush, and screw up the environment even more.

They're just northern republicans and what they would do to this nation, Like Harris did for Ontario and Mulroney for the nation, is the exact same as Bush would do and look what's happening down there.

No thanks. I'll stick with a few million being funelled away and then the people involved punished than see this country slide back into the dark ages of bigotry and debt.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well I hope Canadians actually look at the issues and choices in front of them and make informed decisions about who they are voting for and why. Staying with "the devil you are familiar with" is a poor reason for voting for someone or something. Look what it got us here in the US last election for God's sake! Good luck Canadians!*of all political persuasions*

Yeah, it was a bit inappropriate to say the Tories are the "devil you don't know" because I think I do know them, and that they are a far worse devil! :p

No, the usual way Canadians vote is punish voting.. basically, if the guy in office does a poor job he is completely turfed, and his party destroyed. It's stupid, because nobody considers wtf they voted IN to get the last guy OUT.

Last time they were more afraid of the conservatives (and with good fucking reason) than they were about turfing the Liberals... and it takes A LOT of fear to do that in Canada. Way to go, conservatives. You scared everybody shitless with your bigotry.

I can't seem to get that outraged about the Liberals. Come on, do we really believe they're the first gov't EVER to waste this amount of money on cronyism, etc? Bullsh!t. They got lazy & they got caught, which was their biggest mistake.

If the Conservatives could manage to find a leader that doesn't freak me out, I'd consider voting for them. But no, it's been a parade of freaks. Stockwell Day, anyone??? I do not want Harper in power. Period. I don't think the NDP has a chance in hell of a majority gov't. Therefore, I will pick the lesser of ALL the evils available.

See, lol that's the thing. Paul Martin just seems like a happy old grandpa to me. But Stephen Harper? No. He's your friend's creepy uncle who always is staring at you, and who you are pretty sure you saw dressed as a woman at the grocery store last week...

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    See, lol that's the thing. Paul Martin just seems like a happy old grandpa to me. But Stephen Harper? No. He's your friend's creepy uncle who always is staring at you, and who you are pretty sure you saw dressed as a woman at the grocery store last week...

Well, that's the eyeliner explained then.

I agree that much of the Canadian voting is punative, but how often does a candidate come along that we can really support? Come January, many people I know will be standing behind the cardboard screen in the firehall and trying to vote for the lesser of two weevils(sic).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information